PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones Traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Cooper is a guard. Second, it's a 2.34M cap slot, not a $2.6M cap slot. Third, Cooper did start last year, but lost the job to Ted Larsen..
My bad on position. I knew he played G. I said under $3m. I didnt do all the math.

This post made me feel better. your draft posts and analyses are always pretty great.

Thank you, that's very kind Just think, I could have had two of my bigger draft binkies this year in Marvin Jones and Jon Cooper. Shame it was such a weak WR FA class.

Someone said this could mean they draft Braxton Miller. He's been at the top of my list all year and I think it increases the possibility certainly. One other thought though is that it means they might be able to move up for Ohio State's Michael Thomas who fits the big outside WR they currently need and have been looking at.

My bad on position. I knew he played G. I said under $3m. I didnt do all the math.

You must have gone back and changed it because when I replied, you'd said 4.6M cap slot..

You must have gone back and changed it because when I replied, you'd said 4.6M cap slot..
That was andy for NE and I said thats what his slot was in 2016 in AZ.

Cooper could move to center ... Stork to compete for a guard spot ... is possible also

Cardinals were considering moving him back to center.

I think it's more likely that if Cooper starts then it'll be at LG or RG with Shaq playing the other OG spot. It would mean we'd have the most athletic OG pairing in the NFL.

Someone go look at the stats for Jones in the second half of each of the last 4 seasons including the playoffs. They are mediocre at best.

My feeling is he's going to get busted for something as well.

Reactions: sb1
Plus Tre Jacksons knee could have something to do with this

I think it's more likely that if Cooper starts then it'll be at LG or RG with Shaq playing the other OG spot. It would mean we'd have the most athletic OG pairing in the NFL.

Athleticism is nice but it goes without saying that they need to hold their freaking pass blocks for longer than 1.8 seconds every now and then and open holes in the running game.

Well, obviously the pats talked with all three of their big extension prospects and didn't like what they heard back from Jones. Combine that with his stunt last year in the most important week of the season and I guess this isn't surprising that they were actively shopping him.

Don't know how I feel about it. Jones never was quite the player I hoped, but when he flashed, he really flashed.

Wow, you have that much confidence in cooper and mason?

The two most athletic guards I've watched in CFB. I don't know the cause of Cooper's problems in Arizona. Whether it was scheme, caused by his injuries or a problem with his mentality. But , yes, if Dante fixes him, I'm very excited.

Someone go look at the stats for Jones in the second half of each of the last 4 seasons including the playoffs. They are mediocre at best.

My feeling is he's going to get busted for something as well.

It's obvious that last January wasn't the first time he took synthethix marijuana. It could be the reason he disappeared so much down the stretch.

Well, obviously the pats talked with all three of their big extension prospects and didn't like what they heard back from Jones. Combine that with his stunt last year in the most important week of the season and I guess this isn't surprising that they were actively shopping him.

Don't know how I feel about it. Jones never was quite the player I hoped, but when he flashed, he really flashed.

Someone reported the Patriots have not talked extension with High yet

My theory is that Jones is on the juice during the offseason and stops when the season begins so that by midseason his body begins to wear down.
Thats quite a accusation.
Its possible I lean more towards he was being double teamed and his body wore down down the stretch.
Remember he said he didnt get to work on his body like he wanted to because of injury who knows.

I never said he wasn't. I just don't think the rehetoric should focus solely on Jones being a first rounder and Cooper being a bust. If draft position gets brought up (which it did) then Cooper should be though of as a reclamation project.

I like Jones but he was third on the list behind Collins and Hightower in terms of importance. Also he never really took over games. He will be missed but he trade could turn out pretty fair.

Hopefully he is reclaimed and does well. But even then, they may only have him for a year. Remember the Donald Thomas 1 year romance? He got paid nicely by Indy, then got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back