PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones 2024 support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect they will get a 5th maybe even a 4th for Jones. Trey Lance got a 4th in return and he’s literally done nothing in the league and in the few stints he’s had he was no better than Jones. Just takes one team.
Exactly, Lance was a division two project who barely played. He has potential.

Mac played the better part of 3 seasons and was benched four times. Opponents called him out for nut shots, sticking his cleats out when sliding and his own behavior reflected a whiny kid who deflected blame towards his teammates.

I’d trade for the unknown of Lance over the known of Mac all day.
Your hero Zappe is the one who has no trade value. 31 other teams wouldn’t even take him for free when he was cut last summer. Nuff said. But the Browns game or something…
Let’s see who they keep and who they trade. You keep insinuating he’s “my hero,” when the reality is I said bench Mac and didn’t care who replaced him because it was hard to play worse.

Exactly, Lance was a division two project who barely played. He has potential.
If he had real potential he’d still be a 49er… instead they went with a limited system guy. Tells you what they think of his potential. Doesn’t seem like much…
Mac played the better part of 3 seasons and was benched four times. Opponents called him out for nut shots, sticking his cleats out when sliding and his own behavior reflected a whiny kid who deflected blame towards his teammates.

I’d trade for the unknown of Lance over the known of Mac all day.
We’ll see if he has a path to a starter job. Doubtful at this point. IMO
Let’s see who they keep and who they trade. You keep insinuating he’s “my hero,” when the reality is I said bench Mac and didn’t care who replaced him because it was hard to play worse.
Is that why you were chirping at me when Zappe somehow had a decent half against the Steelers and you told me to be here after the game before Zappe got shut out against one of the worst defenses in football? I was here didn’t see you tho… Zappe doesn’t belong in the NFL. 31 other teams apparently agree with me. Jones on the other hand will likely get a chance with some other team as a backup and maybe more if he shows something. Either way it’s a new era and Pats ought to turn the page on him.

If he had real potential he’d still be a 49er… instead they went with a limited system guy. Tells you what they think of his potential. Doesn’t seem like much…
The 49ers found their guy in the last round of the draft, they didn’t want to wait around or face the distraction of having a first round bust on their practice squad.
We’ll see if he has a path to a starter job. Doubtful at this point. IMO
Lance has zero pressure on him now and he can take his time learning the pro game.
Is that why you were chirping at me when Zappe somehow had a decent half against the Steelers and you told me to be here after the game before Zappe got shut out against one of the worst defenses in football? I was here didn’t see you tho… Zappe doesn’t belong in the NFL. 31 other teams apparently agree with me. Jones on the other hand will likely get a chance with some other team as a backup and maybe more if he shows something. Either way it’s a new era and Pats ought to turn the page on him.
Mac had to go, I specifically said I didn’t care whether it was Zappe or Matt Corral…. Mac simply needed benching.

Mac has started 42 NFL games, Zappe has started 8, Lance has started 4… give me the potential to improve over a 3 year career that consistently went down and down.

I didn't know by the title of the thread if it was a group of Mac Jones supporter's, or a group for those traumatized by Mac Jones. Now I know which it is.

Do you think the Texans thought they were going to compete in Stroud's rookie year? Did the 49ers know what they had in their third string QB "Mr Irrelevant" Brock Purdy?

The Pats had the 5th best defense and 32nd worst offense last season, they have to fix one side of the ball... it shouldn't be a long term rebuild.

They have the most money in football, and all their draft picks starting with #3 overall. If they don't believe in Daniels, do they believe in someone else?
The Niner’s were a good team minus the QB. The Patriots are not. Stroud helped the Texans take a big step, but even then they weren’t a team that had a real Super Bowl shot.

Down want him back, but Belichick undeniably sabotaged him after year 1:

Hiring Patricia and Judge
Benching Kendrick Bourne week 1
Not fixing the o-line for year 3
Extending davante Parker and signing juju instead of keeping Meyers and signing dhop
Yanking him in and out of games

Go read Irving Fryar’s wiki page…

Also trade Mac for a 6th/7th round swap, there’s a reason his trade value is worthless.
I just read an article that quoted JuJu as wanting to ride with Mac as the starter. I read that as JuJu wants to be packaged with Mac in a trade.

I just read an article that quoted JuJu as wanting to ride with Mac as the starter. I read that as JuJu wants to be packaged with Mac in a trade.
Great minds think alike.

Good maybe we can get both of those bums out of here. But in reality I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to take 1, let alone both.

The Niner’s were a good team minus the QB. The Patriots are not. Stroud helped the Texans take a big step, but even then they weren’t a team that had a real Super Bowl shot.
The 49ers were 1-10 with a combination of Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard, they traded for Jimmy G went 5-0 and doubled their points scored per game.

You can with win a simply “good” QB, nobody no matter how good the team can win with a bad QB.

Sounds made up…

The 49ers were 1-10 with a combination of Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard, they traded for Jimmy G went 5-0 and doubled their points scored per game.

You can with win a simply “good” QB, nobody no matter how good the team can win with a bad QB.
Tell that to Peyton Manning, 2015 edition

Tell that to Peyton Manning, 2015 edition
He was reduced from great to merely adequate, he wasn’t bad. He also had the refs on his side.

If Brian Hoyer or CJ Beathard could have been a starter in the NFL they had plenty of opportunities and would be.

He was reduced from great to merely adequate, he wasn’t bad. He also had the refs on his side.

If Brian Hoyer or CJ Beathard could have been a starter in the NFL they had plenty of opportunities and would be.
Eh he was bad. Benched for Brock Osweiler for a while and he didn’t do much for his team in the playoffs. Threw for a Dilfer like 141 yards and 1 int in the SB.

Eh he was bad. Benched for Brock Osweiler for a while and he didn’t do much for his team in the playoffs. Threw for a Dilfer like 141 yards and 1 int in the SB.
Dilfer and Manning were superior to Hoyer and Beathard, those guys stink.

Average or adequate are better than bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back