PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: NFL Adopts New Rules for 2024

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: NFL Adopts New Rules for 2024
Mark Morse
At the League meetings this week in Orlando, the NFL adopted several new rule changes. The two most controversial changes were the new kickoff rule and attempt to eliminate the “Hip Drop” tackle.

The post MORSE: NFL Adopts New Rules for 2024 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Initially, teams would have to get both their first and second challenges right to get a third one, but now they only need to get one challenge correctly to earn a third.

Hooray for this. In my opinion a coach should be able to have an unlimited number of challenges, as long as they are all correct. In the current system it equates to being penalized for previously having a correct challenge.

Kickoff Rule: I like this change…I think it will make the game more fun / interesting.

Hip Tackle Rule: Hate it. I realize most people think it’s a good change but it’s just another step to flag football. I have no problem with almost everyone here disagreeing with me.

IMHO the new kickoff is preferable to the status quo. It will never be as enjoyable as the old days, but realistically the old days of kickoffs are long gone and never to be heard from again.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back