PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Lost in all this doom and gloom is the fact that Calwell had a pretty good game. The guy is making some tough catches and seems to be Brady's go to guy now. He is becoming a good possession receiver and has shown some toughness.

Did pretty well, as did Jabar Gaffney, but Doug Gabriel and the non existence of Chad Jackson are alarming..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Did pretty well, as did Jabar Gaffney, but Doug Gabriel and the non existence of Chad Jackson are alarming..

Gabriel made a great play and turned it into bad with fumble. had he not fumbled..he probably would of had a nice game

Sean Pa Patriot said:
the non existence of Chad Jackson are alarming.
Patience, my man, patience. Jackson is getting a good number of reps and the game will slow down for him at some point. I wish they'd go downfield to him more but just getting reps on the field is a good thing.

Caldwell, Gabriel, Gaffney, Jackson, Brown is an intriguing group and they're all signed at least through next year (exactly, in fact, except Jackson who's longer) other than Brown but I'm sure he'll come back if asked. Intriguing meaning value, btw, not pure top end potential. Now we need a couple to really step up. Caldwell is to some extent. The others have flashed. Let's see what the next seven weeks bring.

Cadwell lives down the road from me and i met him in shaws last weekend with his dad and daughter.amazing no one except me regonized him.He seemed cool and told him i am one of his early supporters.

He is not a big guy maybe cause i am 6 3 ,240 but his eyes look normal too.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Caldwell had a shaky start but if the season ended today I'd be willing to say that I was wrong about him - he's certainly shown more here than he has in previous seasons.

As I and Coach Belichick have said on numerous occassions, placing any expectations on a rookie WR is not wise. I don't expect the team was counting on meaningful contributions from him in the regular season.

The hope would be that he's developed enough to be a playoff threat

Also, regarding the receiving game, as inconsistent as the receiving corps has been, given the drops, poor route running and fumbles - I'd have to say that they have established enough of a deep threat to keep defenses honest in recent games.

Now if they can just get their route running down so they are where Brady expects them to be (and then hold onto the ball) we'll be fine.

I thought Reche had a terrific game. If he keeps this up he could turn into a good receiver for the Pats.

That was a nice catch and a great way to escape and score a TD. Just watching the ball float, it appeared like a Jet defender was going to pick it off and run it all the way back.

I've only seen the replay of the touchdown once but I'll say another thing about this play and others, and that is it shows toughness and concentration. Plays like this and just the one against Cinci where he got jacked up trying to make the catch has to be earning the confidence of his QB. If he plays mistake free and gets a couple of tough catches a game he's OK in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back