PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas: what’s the ceiling?

Yeah as if you want to get banged up that's the name of the NFL in getting banged up. Just need to grin and bear it. Unless you have an torn ACL!

Different body types though. Tyreek is STACKED. Pops looks pretty slight to me and has already had issues getting banged up.
Where Demario had to improve leaving college was strength and packing on some pounds.

Hopefully he has committed to the strength and conditioning program this offseason and added some muscle.

Tyreek is next level athleticism, he is a unique athlete in a league full of good athletes. There's only one of him and nobody can be like him.

Last edited:
The guy had over 500 yards his rookie season playing musical chairs on game day. He's showing he's going to be a very good WR. Get some outside guys and he'll be the next in line for comparisons to Troy Brown, Wes Welker and Edelman.

He's changing his number to #3 by the way.

Just like his new number 3 he's really a 3. :cool:

Ahmed - Demario Douglas was 5'8 and 192. Tell me about DeVonta Smith, who was one of the best WRs in the league in 2024. Tank Dell, when healthy was electric last year. Is 5'8 192 that different than 5'10 and 198? Or 5'9 and 185 (Wes Welker). Or what about 5'11 - 190 Devin Hester?

BTW, DeVonta Smith was a 1000 yard receiver last year. That was his 2nd straight 1000 yrd season.. He's 6'0 and 170.

Maybe you should dial back your disdain and do a bit more research on players with the Size, Speed, and Agility of Douglas before you go spouting off that he's not going to amount to anything.
Comparing Pop to DeVonta Smith is beyond ridiculous.

I must confess with a 1 year old kid in the house I didn't watch a whole lot of games last season, had a general idea of the team by highlights and fractions of games and the few complete games I watched but in these conditions you miss a lot of things and I had no idea how good Douglas is, just watched a few highlights, I know, highlights, but still...

You know where he would fit like a glove? in the Chiefs. Mahomes would abuse defenses with a weapon like Douglas in that offense. A guy with this potential in a rookie contract, If I'm their GM if interested I would go as far as offering a 3rd round pick for him in a hypothetical trade.

Now coming back to our beloved Patriots, I noticed watching these highlights very good Mac Jones moments as well, always under extreme pressure but he made some great throws in tight windows for Pop. I'm kinda afraid Brissett will slow down his development only using him in dink and dunk and not exploring other areas of the field since he is not a great passer.

Douglas will have to be load managed his entire career

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3