PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's remaining years: what to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the throw in the Superbowl where he threw it from his own 40 all the way to back of the endzone in flight? :rolleyes:

Just because he doesn't chuck the ball downfield every game doesnt mean he cant...
Oh pshaw, it was still under thrown. How many has TB connected on in the last couple of years? Its gone down, it hasn't been a high percentage lately. Can he still throw a long pass? of course, he can rocket passes out to 30 -40 yards. Do you really think he can do this much longer? I don't, its called aging. It happens to the best of us. You should understand this MO

Last edited:
Oh pshaw, it was still under thrown. How many has TB connected on in the last couple of years? Its gone down, it hasn't been a high percentage lately. Can he still throw a long pass? of course, he can rocket passes out to 30 -40 yards. Do you really think he can do this much longer? I don't, its called aging. It happens to the best of us. You should understand this MO

How was it underthrown and what difference does it make. It's always a low percentage throw, whether the QB has little more that the arm to make it or a brain... That's why so few teams rely on it. Injury moreso than age robs QB of the ability to make that throw. Attempting to make it is often what causes that kind of injury...

Last edited:
Good to the last drop eh Tune?? :D

As the past few years NFL seasons have shown us throughout the NFL, the regular season is arena ball which Tommy and this Colt offense thrive in. Sadly in the playoffs they play real football and that has been a real struggle for this QB. Them there's the facts. Try dealing with it.

Going 27-41 for 276 yards and two touchdowns in the Super Bowl against a very strong Giants defense is hardly "struggling." Admittedly average numbers for Brady, but he didn't cost New England the game by "struggling," under-performing or choking. You'd be well served to take a wider view of things and realize that football is a team game.

Miami's Superbowl to no SB era transition...Pats were 5-13 when Brady stepped in and had been to a SB once and lost in Drew's 9 years here. Brees to Rivers still hasn't amounted to anything meaningful. And don't even go there (Raiders). A couple of aging JAGS in the right place at the right time and some extended gaps between the last two, one of whom played in a SB but threw so many picks they had no shot.

Even those who talk Favre to Rogers ignore the 15 year gap between rings and some ugly seasons with both.

None of those transitions was seamless and none of those team had performed with the consistency this one has for 12 years and counting. We're talking transition to replacing that, not just eventually hitting on something decent or something that wasn't close but won or was prolific and didn't.

By your analysis Montana to Young doesnt count either as Montana won his last in 88 or so and Young didnt win his until 94-95.

I dont think anyone would argue that Marino was better than Griese despite the rings.

Not sure why you ingnore the Raiders just because they grabbed Vets to fill their hole doesnt mean they didn't do a good job of moving on from Successful QB to the next.

if you are going to judge a transition from one QB to the next based on SBs only and specifically being able to win one the year after the previous QB did then there is no such history.

But I chose to acknowledge that there have been plenty of QBs to take over a team following a previously successful QB wether the first won a SB or not and wether the second won a SB or not and when they occured is not the end all to the discussion.

Look when it is all said and done and Brady retires we will likely never see another QB as good as him on this team ever so to expect to just replace him and start an new dynasty is far fetched. The elite of the elite QBs are few and far between and we likely dont replace one HOF QB with another but that doesnt mean we cant find a QB who is pretty darn good and is able to keep us competive and maybe even get a chance at his own SB or SBs. You know kind of like the opposite of replacing Drew with Brady replacing Brady with someone of Drew's caliber.

lastly I would like to throw one more combo into the ring Brady - Cassell.

Hmmm so the number of Brady's connected deep passes has gone down the past few years. Well might there be a reason for that :confused: hmmm lets think about this for a second might this have something to do with the NFLs greatest deep threat possibly ever left the team?

I dont really think we have a chicken and egg thing going on. I think we can all clearly see that the offense this team runs right now is not the same as 07 with the big difference being we dont have a deep threat and thus it was a shorter more compact offense. If we had a deep threat and his numbers went down you might be onto something but shocker he connected less deep passes when he has slim to none by way of deep threats.

Going 27-41 for 276 yards and two touchdowns in the Super Bowl against a very strong Giants defense is hardly "struggling." Admittedly average numbers for Brady, but he didn't cost New England the game by "struggling," under-performing or choking. You'd be well served to take a wider view of things and realize that football is a team game.

Brady's QB rating was close to 150 before he was injured in the 3rd qtr, his accuracy was severely affected at that point. There is no doubt in my mind that the Pats win if Brady hadn't been injured. But that is football.

We will make more deep runs in the playoffs the next few years with Brady, the wild card is can her get to the game Healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft