PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady trashes ESPN on Spygate coverage: "ESPN now is MTV without the girls."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe this line from Clayton's latest article:

It was probably unfair to have the Patriots under the Spygate microscope for all this time.

Gee wow, maybe Clayton shouldn't have jumped on the hater bandwagon like everyone else and not wait till this point to state the obvious.

Clayton , though I am impressed with his comments today, is to little to late with me. And he is employed by fespn, and also came up with that stupid culpepper moss rumor in march...

Re: Brady on BIG show right now

For one, I would just like to hear all the factors that influenced Belichick's decision to go for 4th-and-13 FROM THE MAN HIMSELF. If anyone has a link to a video/article that has this, please provide. All I've heard is something to the effect of "we made the decision that we felt would best help the team".

BB called me and said he didn't think the Ghost could make it from there (he didn't really call me, but what else could the explanation be?)

Seems like Cowherd on ESPN radio has no problems with the Pats. He had some negative things to say, but he praises them constantly for being such a well run franchise.

Cowherd was probably the worst on air Patriots hater last summer prior to Spygate.

He ripped Belichick daily over his divorce to his wife, and the calls he made to the NY woman. Cowherd is worse than Schlereth in many respects, especially since he ripped into people's personal lives when he had big big problems in his own personal life shortly after the birth of his first child.

Cowherd was probably the worst on air Patriots hater last summer prior to Spygate.

He ripped Belichick daily over his divorce to his wife, and the calls he made to the NY woman. Cowherd is worse than Schlereth in many respects, especially since he ripped into people's personal lives when he had big big problems in his own personal life shortly after the birth of his first child.

I lost all respect for Cowherd when Eddy Guerrero's death was not news worthy because he was "just some wrestler". He can go F himself, regardless of how he defended the team today.

Last edited:

I've always hated those damn RATS....Hope we shut them out this season.

PFT agrees with Tom:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/13/brady-calls-out-espn/

BRADY CALLS OUT ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2008, 7:42 p.m.

In a Tuesday afternoon interview with WEEI in Boston, Pats quarterback Tom Brady addressed the harping of former NFL players in the media about the videotaping of defensive coaching signals.

Asked one the hosts: “Does it surprise you some of the former players who are in the media now who just seem to be clueless about this whole thing? I’m stunned by it.”

Said Brady: “It’s just kind of the environment right now, though. I think that’s the way that guys make it. They just say the craziest things. . . . That’s what ESPN has become.”

We agree with Brady. And we were amazed by the insistence of guys like former Broncos offensive lineman Mark Schlereth that the videotapes created by Matt Walsh were used in the same game. Any moron (even Schlereth) could see that the final product was the result of an editing process that made the thing easier to watch. It would simply be too cumbersome to forward and/or rewind through the raw tape during the three total hours of a game (including a 12-minute halftime) to make any use out of this information in the second half.

Moreover, if the purpose of the taping was only to use it in the same game, why did the taping continue into the second half?

The bottom line? Schlereth is part of the ESPN agenda aimed at making some/any story out of this matter. Since there was no videotaping of the Rams’ walk-through prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, the media needs to talk about something else.

And so Schlereth and others are yammering about the videotaped signals being used for in-game adjustments, and pondering how that diminishes the Pats’ run of success this decade.

Meanwhile, Schlereth hasn’t once mentioned the tarnish on his own pair of Super Bowl rings because the Broncos cheated on the salary cap from 1996 through 1998. Though the cause-and-effect as it relates to the on-field product isn’t as obvious, circumventing the cap in order to avoid having to cut a veteran and replace him with a street free agent results in a higher quality team.

Indeed, let’s consider this quote from Schlereth, which he offered up on ESPN Radio on Tuesday afternoon: “This besmirches to the organization to the point where regardless of how you look at these three championships that they’ve won over the last seven, eight years you will still always look at them and say ‘Yeah, but . . . they had this Spygate thing, how much of it was inappropriate, how much cheating went on, and how much did it help them during the course of some of those games?”

Now, let’s revise it a bit, and apply it to Schlereth’s Broncos: “This besmirches to the organization to the point where regardless of how you look at these [two] championships that they’ve won over the [two] years you will still always look at them and say ‘Yeah, but . . . they had this [salary cap] thing, how much of it was inappropriate, how much cheating went on, and how much did it help them during the course of some of those games?”

Frankly, we think we prefer an intellectually honest guy who can’t talk all that well (i.e., Emmitt Smith) to a former player who looks and sounds good as the horsesh-t is flowing from his mouth.

So, ESPN, we rescind our request that you fire Emmitt. But we beg you to fire Schlereth. Now.

I love PFT now.

They've been pro-Pats through this SpyGate: Part II era the entire time and I'm digging it.

espn will prob take cheap shots at brady as much as they can now, but they were doing it against the pats anyway. i think it is really cool he riped into that awful network.

While listening to Tom's thoughts on the Super Bowl was painful, it was also insightful.

The biggest "news" to me in the entire interview was Tom saying that Randy was open deep for a TD on the strip/sack just before halftime. Watching the play unfold from my tv, I felt that Moss was open on that play, but there was no angle of the play to confirm that. If the line just blocks on that ONE PLAY, it's 14-3 Pats at halftime AND they get the ball to start the second half.

Brady also said that on the famous 4th down/no field goal play that he missed Welker open on that play (went to Gaffney deep down the left sideline). Brady said the Giants confused him with a pressure concept on that play (paraphrasing what he said, those weren't his exact words).

Finally, Brady said that when he let that deep ball go to Moss on the final possession, that he thought it was there.

I thought he also made a good point about the time of possession the Giants had, especially in the first half. Basically, the Patriots just didn't get as many possessions (according to Tom) as they usually do.

Interesting interview. I disagree with Tom though. I think ESPN is more like TMZ without the paparazzi, but that's just me.

ESPN is like MTV without the music videos.

True.

If they had more girls I'd probably watch it.

Shhh.. Brady, don't let Gisele hear that!

meathead and the mangirl read tom's comments on their lameass show this morning and meathead almost blew a gasket. it's on.

BB called me and said he didn't think the Ghost could make it from there (he didn't really call me, but what else could the explanation be?)

Well what would Belichick have done if Brady managed to get the ball to the 31 with a few seconds left in the game?

There's a difference between having confidence in your offense and having no faith in your kicker. Honestly, if you dare not trot your kicker out for a 48-yarder and choose to go for 4th-and-13 instead, then you don't have a complete football team.

The biggest "news" to me in the entire interview was Tom saying that Randy was open deep for a TD on the strip/sack just before halftime. Watching the play unfold from my tv, I felt that Moss was open on that play, but there was no angle of the play to confirm that. If the line just blocks on that ONE PLAY, it's 14-3 Pats at halftime AND they get the ball to start the second half.

The thing that bugs me about that play is that Tom did an extra "hop" that allowed Tuck enough time to strip-sack. If Tom had unloaded on his initial step, then maybe it would have been 6 points.

Just a big momentum-swing play for the Giants - it would have been tough for them down 11 going into halftime.

Was good to hear Brady, but its still depressing to hear him talk about plays that were there:mad:

What did meathead say about Bradys comments?I can not listen to that show anymore.

Was good to hear Brady, but its still depressing to hear him talk about plays that were there:mad:

I actually feel better about it. He seems to have moved on from it and this should help for the '08 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back