PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady trashes ESPN on Spygate coverage: "ESPN now is MTV without the girls."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady on BIG show right now

If this had happened in the 1st quarter, I wouldn't have lost much sleep over it. Go for the throat early, if you don't convert, so what, plenty of more possessions ahead....HOWEVER at that point in the Super Bowl the Pats were having problems getting 10 yards in THREE plays, so what made Belichick think that he was due for a 13-yard gainer on 4th down? Not to mention the premium on points in what was obviously a defensive slugfest. Stats and probabilities are helpful, but common sense is crucial...

Soryy to go off-topic, but that 4th/13 was possibly the stupidest decision in the history of NFL Championships. BB and Skippy had to know that the jints wre going to bring the heat. A draw play to Faulk or Maroney on 3rd/7, if the attempted tackles of the pass-rushers could be avoided, would more than likely have set up a 4th and < 5, at worst. The offensive choices would then have been more varied, or a 39/40-yard FG attempt would have been made more palatable. In-effin-excusable.

Soryy to go off-topic, but that 4th/13 was possibly the stupidest decision in the history of NFL Championships. BB and Skippy had to know that the jints wre going to bring the heat. A draw play to Faulk or Maroney on 3rd/7, if the attempted tackles of the pass-rushers could be avoided, would more than likely have set up a 4th and < 5, at worst. The offensive choices would then have been more varied, or a 39/40-yard FG attempt would have been made more palatable. In-effin-excusable.

But Belichick has moved on, so that mistake doesn't matter :rolleyes:

At best it was a risky proposition, though your opinion is closer to the truth.

But Belichick has moved on, so that mistake doesn't matter :rolleyes:

At best it was a risky proposition, though your opinion is closer to the truth.

Brady was 8-9 passing on that drive prior to being sacked on the third down. Maroney carried 3 times in that drive, once for positive yards, once for no gain, and once for a loss of yardage. Brady said yesterday that the 4th down failure was because he didn't see the wide open Welker. In other words, the call worked fine, but the execution wasn't there.

But, don't let that stop your rantings.

Last edited:

In other words, the call worked fine, but the execution wasn't there.

But, don't let that stop your rantings.

Kinda like the majority of the offensive line play in the Super Bowl, huh?

But don't let that stop your excuses.

Kinda like the majority of the offensive line play in the Super Bowl, huh?

But don't let that stop your excuses.

I don't have excuses. I didn't lose, so I don't need any. I look for reasons why the team lost. The difference between us is that I use evidence, logic and reason, while you bleat like a lost sheep without knowing what the hell you're crying about. The drive in question is a perfect example of just how little you bother to review before posting gibberish.

i wish they had asked Tom how come he didn't practice throwing passes lying on his back ! He still got the lead when they needed him to. a guy had to catch a ball on his head to beat him....and comparing him to Marino in terms of whining???? C'mon....Brady could have gone public with how bad that o line was in the Super Bowl.....but didn't....too much class for that.....

The difference between us is that I use evidence, logic and reason, while you bleat like a lost sheep without knowing what the hell you're crying about. The drive in question is a perfect example of just how little you bother to review before posting gibberish.

I have watched football for 20 years and I've never seen a team so boldly defy logic and reason to go for 4th-and-13 from their opponents 31-yard line in the 3rd quarter. NEVER. All your little stats can't reason why that was a good call and you know it.

Funny, I didn't hear Brady bashing ESPN when they were talking about the Pats every 30 minutes during the season. I'm not a fan of ESPN, but Brady was helped made a star by ESPN. I respect thehell out of Brady and how he made him into a star QB. But right now, he has entered the Dan Marino "whining girl" phase of his career. :rocker:

wow......i dont know if it is drugs you are taking, or drugs you need to be taking, but you need to do something!

I have watched football for 20 years and I've never seen a team so boldly defy logic and reason to go for 4th-and-13 from their opponents 31-yard line in the 3rd quarter. NEVER. All your little stats can't reason why that was a good call and you know it.

There's no reasoning with this individual, because his 20 years of watching football and conventional thinking have won three Super Bowls. So let him have his whine.

"And you know it," an excellent way to end a debate. :bricks:

Thank you for proving my point with this post.

There's no reasoning with this individual, because his 20 years of watching football and conventional thinking have won three Super Bowls. So let him have his whine.

Further proving my theory that winning 3 Super Bowl's creates an eternal shield from criticism for some people....

I'll admit, I put Deus Irae on my ignore list a while back, and my experience here has been more pleasant since. Please keep this in mind and refrain from quoting him, since whenever you do I end up reading his posts.

Funny, I didn't hear Brady bashing ESPN when they were talking about the Pats every 30 minutes during the season. I'm not a fan of ESPN, but Brady was helped made a star by ESPN. I respect thehell out of Brady and how he made him into a star QB. But right now, he has entered the Dan Marino "whining girl" phase of his career. :rocker:

ESPN had nothing to do with making Brady a star. Brady made Brady a star, by working harder than anyone else in the league. Credit also goes to Belichick and Weis. None to ESPN, though.

I was an ESPN "insider", cancelled that and my subscription to their poor magazine. I never watch ESPN or go to their website. They blew this all out of proportion even when the truth was known.

Did Schlereth take one too many headslaps in the trenches? He finished NFL Live by holding up a folder and saying "If you get told when you see a particular defense you should do the following checkoff or run a certain play, you don't ask where the information came from."

Ummmm Mark, that's called game planning. Stealing signals doesn't tell you what play to run. Further, if the player is "seeing" something on the field, that's called reading the defense. If they were stealing defensive signals then the players wouldn't have to read the defense. His whole argument indicated a fundamental lack of understanding.....and I thought o-lineman were supposed to be among the smarter players on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back