PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady goes off on the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just think about the movie and a guy blowing his brains out in the latrine

I rather doubt that Pats are physically beating the players and giving them towel parties in the middle of the night.

Think about the military suicide rate (it's gigantic.)

Do you think that might have anything to do with having PTSD and perhaps substantial physical injuries and then coming home to a country with little in job prospects?

There is a time to use various motivational techniques, and there are other times when they are contraindicated. Obviously. Praising one technique while not even thinking the others are useful is not realistic. It's probably the result of letting Hollywood program the mind.

Bill will not berate the team after certain types of losses. It's a fact. Berating somebody at the wrong time can result in losing them, defeating them, destroying their self confidence. Not great things to do if you need those players.

Why should someone have confidence if they perform like crap? True confidence comes from achievement, not from people giving you undeserved praise, Rexy did that and look where it got him.

I have a feeling that BB and TFB have forgotten more about getting a team to win than you will ever know. I'll trust them on this one.

Past accomplishments don't mean that he can crap all over his line when he himself is a big part of the problem. I would guess that rubs them the wrong way.

Rex Ryan is an incompetent baffoon that heaps high praises on undeserving losers on a regular basis. I'm done with this madness, peace...:cool:

Past accomplishments don't mean that he can crap all over his line when he himself is a big part of the problem. I would guess that rubs them the wrong way.

Just because TFB is part of the problem DOESN'T mean the rest of the team is free of blame. Part of being a leader is holding people accountable for their actions, it's only hypocritical if he doesn't accept his share of the blame.

Let the coaches do the yelling. I'm sure Brady isn't the only guy on the team who's self-critical.

This statement makes me think that you have never played or coached organized team sports.

More often than not, things that need to be said to and heard by the team, is more affective coming from a player rather than a coach.

This is one of the reasons why BB meets privately with his captains on a weekly basis.

He's the team leader.
He's not happy with the performance.
He gives them a rip.
That's what makes him a great leader.

Who else in that team is going to keep the player group accountable for below par performances if Brady
doesn't.?

Coaches can only do so much, players have to buy into a winning mind set and the team leaders have to reinforce the message.

Last edited:
I'm good with it.

The team played uninspired football, and the Patriot way under Belichick involves players policing themselves on many matters. I think this "tirade" fits into the mold of the leadership Bruschi, Harrison, et al demonstrated a few years back.

Last edited:
Well just think about the movie and a guy blowing his brains out in the latrine.

The character was mentally unstable to begin with. Trying to make a correlation between the two shows you really are grasping at straws.

Think about the military suicide rate (it's gigantic.)[/quote]

Military suicide rates

Bill will not berate the team after certain types of losses. It's a fact. Berating somebody at the wrong time can result in losing them, defeating them, destroying their self confidence. Not great things to do if you need those players.

Belichick picks and chooses his moments as to what types of motivation he'll use. THAT is the only fact that you can call upon. Belichick is known as someone who plays it straight. He doesn't blow smoke up the player's rear ends. He'll praise them when they make an outstanding play. But normal plays he won't say jack. Nor will he say anything if a player of a higher caliber beats you and you gave it your all. But he'll tear you up if you make a stupid move that results in a negative play and more so if it hurts the team in the long run.

Belichick is known as a harda$$. But he doesn't constantly berate people to the point of being detrimental. And neither do drill sergeants.

Whats laughable is the same people who whine about the Pats flat performance to a 2-14 team on the road will be the same fans who go to games and sit on their hands all day or are busy texting or talking on the phone this sunday.
I've seen louder crowds at golf tournaments.

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

Tom, whatever happened to leading by example?

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

Whoa there. Are you absolutely sure those interceptions were Tom's fault? I'm not. Brady is without question THE team leader among players. He's a champion several times over and knows what it takes to be one again. If he threw a wobbly in the locker room after the game, you can rest assured that it was warranted.

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

I thought Brady looked a beat slow, passes often seemed delayed. Obviously we need this wake up call, but its hard to imagine he did this without a pretty bad critique of his own performance.

My God, do you coach a pop warner team? If the line doesnt do its job Brady cant do his, can you follow that? Brady has earned the right to speak up, hes the leader of the team and according to Vince, when Brady talks, they all shut up and listen, thats what leaders in Professional sports do and are supposed to do.

Of course I can follow that. Good god man, who says the line didn't do their job? Brady throws an ill advised pass and it gets intercepted. So he yells at his line. That's like your boss screwing up the big job and then blaming it on you, when your job was done perfectly. Can you not grab that man? Have you never played a sport in your life?

Now maybe he did in fact take some of the blame. Maybe it was a "come on guys, let's go get 'em" and not a "WTF are YOU DOING OUT THERE YOU IDIOTS." I don't know what was said. But if it's the latter, I don't think it's a good tactic.

Well the game wasn't exactly great!

Also I dreamt last night that I woke up in the middle of the night to find out that the Pats had beat the Jags 4-2! So at least it wasn't that bad!

And having read some of the posts and threads, some people need to cheer the **** up! We have had 2 bad weeks and came out of it 1-1! Majority of teams would be 0-2! And against the majority of teams we would have been 2-0!

Of course I can follow that. Good god man, who says the line didn't do their job? Brady throws an ill advised pass and it gets intercepted. So he yells at his line. That's like your boss screwing up the big job and then blaming it on you, when your job was done perfectly. Can you not grab that man? Have you never played a sport in your life?

Now maybe he did in fact take some of the blame. Maybe it was a "come on guys, let's go get 'em" and not a"WTF are YOU DOING OUT THERE YOU IDIOTS." I don't know what was said. But if it's the latter, I don't think it's a good tactic.

Nothing more bizarre than assuming the worst possible scenario and criticizing said player for your own concocted fantasy.

Last edited:
So is Brady considered a chicken little because he's complaining after a team win?

Disagree completely. Brady holds himself to extremely high standards and every player on that team knows it. Someone had to light a fire under them and if he doesn't do it then no-one else on thaqt offense is going to. They look to him for leadership and he provided it. Brady lit into them for effort, and his interceptions had nothing to do with that. had he just said "ho hum, that's how it goes..." then I would have been pissed, but knowing he is going to push them makes me realize that they are likely going to be coming back because he isn't going to let them take it for granted all day long.

Championship teams need strong leadership, and Brady provides that, i'm even more confident about them going into the play-offs knowing they have a real sense of urgency, as that is exactly what they need.

So is Brady considered a chicken little because he's complaining after a team win?

Lmao. Are you really trying to compare Brady getting pissed at his team after a lackluster performance with the neverending kneejerk negativity that comes out on messageboards and talk radio? there is no comparison, Brady actually knows what he's talking about.

Lmao. Are you really trying to compare Brady getting pissed at his team after a lackluster performance with the neverending kneejerk negativity that comes out on messageboards and talk radio? there is no comparison, Brady actually knows what he's talking about.

You're right. Talk radio and messageboards shouldn't be used for complaining.

You're right. Talk radio and messageboards shouldn't be used for complaining.

Sure they can, but it's not like the stupid complaints aren't immune to the ridicule they deserve.

Our QB can't get knocked down 9 times and just sidestep being slammed a few other times and expect to make plays or even to stay healthy. Team leaders should be yelling at players for that. In this case the team leader is the guy getting hit, but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with WINNING, people.

Last edited:
I think Brady was trying to light a fire under their ass. If anyone is aloud to yell, it's Brady who's been the leader on the team for a decade. The media makes it seem much worse than it probably was because we don't know what was said. Yelling and saying bad words is part of football. He probably had a lot of built up anger from the 49ers game, where he even flipped out at a ref. The Jags game probably just sent him over the edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back