PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady goes off on the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think first. [highlight]Then[/highlight] post.

In all fairness Deus, the board would come to a screaming halt if that rule were applied. I'm not sure Ian would approve.

Goodness, we have some stupid, stupid fans that follow this team. The one silver lining I see in the inevitable BB/Brady retirement is that many of these people will most certainly move on to a different team to follow. I just don't understand how these people can't appreciate the level of play they are seeing out of this guy week in and week out.

Exactly ! I love Brady as much as the next guy, but who the **** does he think he is yelling at the team, when HE'S throwing interceptions and going 2 for 6 to start the game and stall the offense. The man needs to look in the mirror. Glad to see he was pissed, but he should be pissed at himself first. He's looked like **** the first 20 minutes of the SF game and the Jacksonville game.

Amen! He should grab Tebow and go to freaking church. Such entitled pricks! Cut him now! I mean who does he think he is, Tom Brady?

Well he could have set up a mirror and started berating it.

Would have been good entertainment at the least.

He could have set up an empty chair.

Amen! He should grab Tebow and go to freaking church. Such entitled pricks! Cut him now! I mean who does he think he is, Tom Brady?

Past accomplishments don't mean that he can crap all over his line when he himself is a big part of the problem. I would guess that rubs them the wrong way.

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

Tom, whatever happened to leading by example?

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

Nah I like Brady being the leader of the team instead of McDaniels over there with his thumb in his ass. You look at it like that. I look at it as a 36 year old qb who has already done it ALL in the game, who still has the fire and desire to win games and championships. So yes, Im fine with Brady being the head honcho letting some out.

Past accomplishments don't mean that he can crap all over his line when he himself is a big part of the problem. I would guess that rubs them the wrong way.

So you think the OL guys were all like "pfft... who does this guy think he is? Eff him."?

I have a feeling the guys who were supposed to yell at Brady yelled at Brady. Those would be the coaches. And I can only guess but I bet Brady's speech included some comments on his own play. And I'd bet quite a bit of money, if I hadn't spent it all on Christmas, that Brady didn't ask anybody to do more than he is willing to do.

And do you know he didn't blame himself but everyone ,for a fact ? You would rather have say Ben R who blame their coaches in public after a loss than strive to be better AFTER A WIN or someone like Eli manning who has done nothing to motivate his team ?? You are talking like brady is some 3rd string qb who is acting as a self entitled great. He IS a great one along with BB. Wait until these guys are gone ,then you will know what a "big part of the problem" is.We are lucky to have coaches and players who are not satisfied with just the scoreboard result and feel it as strongly as well. Not very many teams do.

Here's what I know for a fact. I know for a fact coaches have a grading sheet at the end of the game that is very different from the box score that we see on ESPN or NFL.com. I know for a fact that what we as fans perceive as the quarterback's fault is often not the case at all.

I know for a fact Tom is aware of this too, and if he is yelling at them, it's very likely, he feels they dropped the ball. No pun intended. If he didn't, and if he is the one who screwed up and still blew steam at his teammates, BB would crucify him in the team meeting. If he's wrong, he'll get what he deserves.

My God, do you coach a pop warner team? If the line doesnt do its job Brady cant do his, can you follow that? Brady has earned the right to speak up, hes the leader of the team and according to Vince, when Brady talks, they all shut up and listen, thats what leaders in Professional sports do and are supposed to do.

Last edited:
It is truly astounding that this team has every amounted to anything at all with such epic fails as Brady, Mankins and Hernandez on the team.

:bricks:

Its time to come through and win another championship for Brady. Any short of that is Fail.

2004 was a long time ago. Brady is considered a HOF QB because of winning Super Bowls. Not losing them or imploding in the post season.

Its time to come through and win another championship for Brady. Any short of that is Fail.

2004 was a long time ago. Brady is considered a HOF QB because of winning Super Bowls. Not losing them or imploding in the post season.

I don't think that is the right attitude. It's time for Tom to be Tom and do the absolute best he can to help win a championship for all the new players on this team and for all of us fans.

I don't think that is the right attitude. It's time for Tom to be Tom and do the absolute best he can to help win a championship for all the new players on this team and for all of us fans.

Unfortunately its on Bradys shoulders.

The pass defense is bound to have more problems even with Dennard and Talib back.

It's on the entire team. Tom Brady can't win us a Superbowl. The Patriots can.

people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well. Especially when brady is 1/2 the problem. He should blame himself and then the line will realize they need to play better.

Ask this guy what he thinks of positive reinforcement.

hartman01%20oct6.jpg

I've become convinced that even ex-players aren't able to predict games much better than fans..
Knowledge of the game means nothing to betting success. A monkey can be trained to play the card and maybe even win a pool. I saw somebody win two cards in a row in a large pool and he didn't even know what a first down was. Didn't matter - he marked the correct boxes and he collected large money.

If you could measure what is in a team's heart on a given Sunday you might have a good barometer to use for wagering, at least when potential trap games come along.

Ask this guy what he thinks of positive reinforcement.

hartman01%20oct6.jpg
Well just think about the movie and a guy blowing his brains out in the latrine.

Think about the military suicide rate (it's gigantic.)

There is a time to use various motivational techniques, and there are other times when they are contraindicated. Obviously. Praising one technique while not even thinking the others are useful is not realistic. It's probably the result of letting Hollywood program the mind.

Bill will not berate the team after certain types of losses. It's a fact. Berating somebody at the wrong time can result in losing them, defeating them, destroying their self confidence. Not great things to do if you need those players.

INTs happen. I'm not going to blame Brady for at least one of those INTs. Nothing the QB can do about a player bobbling a ball.

Well, that pass wasn't exactly on target. So I wouldn't blame Ridley 100% either. If Brady leads Ridley a little on that pass instead of throwing it a little behind him that play probably would have been a very nice gain.

Those posters bashing Brady on this thread are one hundred percent correct. I mean, Tom Brady needs a reality check. He has NO right to lay into this team when he has been nothing more or less than an underachiever since the Super Bowl years of 2001, 2003, and 2004. And even then, he was merely living off the largess of an outstanding defense and a clutch field goal kicker.

Now, all of a sudden, he has the nerve and the audacity to think that a few passing records, regular season MVPs, Super Bowl appearances, outstanding winning percentage and most division titles of any quarterback hitherto merits the invitation to criticize his teammates??? Especially when his performance leaves just as much, if not more, to be desired???

Sorry, but Brady has done nothing of import other than marry a supermodel and become the most highly visible metrosexual athlete in the world. I mean, he has not won anything since SPYGATE??? :confused: And now he thinks he has the gravitas to try to light a fire under his lackluster-performing team???

Puhhhleaaaasee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back