PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady goes off on the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two of you must be joking. Brady's always been pathologically self-critical. What's he supposed to do to illustrate that, yell at himself?

Well he could have set up a mirror and started berating it.

Would have been good entertainment at the least.

INTs happen. I'm not going to blame Brady for at least one of those INTs. Nothing the QB can do about a player bobbling a ball.

The pass was short, hit the defender's helmet so Ridley bobbled it.

This is the difference between the Pats and Jets. Brady yells in their face, jets players talk behind each other's backs. I love it. Don't think Brady doesn't know he sucked yesterday, he'll be the first one to say it (see 2011 AFCCG).

Looks like the ball hit the defender before Ridley touched it.

Can we all agree that Brady should stop throwing those over-the-shoulder sideline throws to short guys? It seems like they never turn out well.

It's not an excuse, but it has to be hard getting up for a team like the Jaguars especially when you do not control your destiny and are depending on teams like Cleveland and KC to make your game the least bit relevant. Chances are most likely that this game and next week's game are completely meaningless.

I don't buy the whole 'momentum' thing. Sure in some cases playing like crap or resting on the last week(s) has hurt teams, but I've seen plenty of teams go into the playoffs on fire only to be one and done or teams that back into the playoffs who wrapped things up with ease only due to playing in an awful division, end up going all the way. It's really an overrated thing IMO and even though you're obviously coached to put forth your best effort day in day out it just doesn't happen. We clearly weren't up for that game mentally.

I agree with this to a point. But, if they are going to play like that, put in your backup QB. The oline was abysmal. If they dont protect TB, it's over. I hope he yelled at them 1/10 as much as I did :mad:

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

1 INT was his fault...the other was not

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

Tom, whatever happened to leading by example?

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

brady is part of the problem. he tries to force passes where there is just too much coverage. he needs to learn to throw the ball away if there is nothing.

I think they just played down to their opponent, the Jags. It happens and it's mostly mental. It looked like a lack of concentration to me. We see this all the time in the NHL since they play so many games (or at least they used to). The good teams sometimes just have a hard time getting up for games against bad teams.

Pats just need to get healthy. I'm most concerned about Talib/Dennard for the playoffs. Hope they can heal up in time.

brady is part of the problem. he tries to force passes where there is just too much coverage. he needs to learn to throw the ball away if there is nothing.

Seems to me Brady has been throwing in to tight coverage all season long.
That is his job! With the defenses the way they are today you are not going
to get cherries all that often. Yet, Brady's Int/Td ratio is without equal.

Brady is NOT the/a problem unless you think he should have a near perfect
QB rating every week.

QB rating every week.

his job is not to turn the ball over.

his job is not to turn the ball over.

Which he's done better than any other QB in football, whilst leading the runaway top-scoring offense.

Sweet Christmas.

Brady's trying to fire everyone up and spark the team, it usually leads to a. lot of points. BB will manage Tom and Tom will lead the offense...

QB rating every week.

The consistent lack of receiver separation is the major issue. Combine WR inability to separate with Brady being under strong rush pressure because of unexpected OL incompetence being slightly off in his instantaneous judgement, and usual accuracy and you have yesterday's sub-par for TFB QB performance.

Didn't TFB get in trouble with his Mom his 1st year because she saw him mouthing those expletives?

people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well. Especially when brady is 1/2 the problem. He should blame himself and then the line will realize they need to play better.

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

There isn't one guy on the offense that isn't being elevated by Brady, that first interception was on Ridley anyways.

I love it when a bunch of guys hanging out in their mom's basement debate management and leadership theory.

people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well. Especially when brady is 1/2 the problem. He should blame himself and then the line will realize they need to play better.

Pop Warner BS

Sunday's team earned a well deserved a kick in the ass, verbal and physical. Reading the Globe, etc. Brady did criticize the passing game. Unless you just started following this team, Brady is well noted for being his own harshest critic, except for the acerbic BB behind the scenes ass kickings of course.

There isn't one guy on the offense that isn't being elevated by Brady, that first interception was on Ridley anyways.

On Brady. Pass to short/low and struck the defender 1st.

Unlike some other prominent QBs, Brady has never been one to throw his teammates under the bus. He's always shouldered the burden and taken responsibility, and given credit to others. He's been the consummate leader. So if he sees the need to go off on the team, I'm guessing he either sees something that calls for it, or he's incredibly frustrated. Hopefully the former.

Brady put the team on his shoulders last week and nearly brought them back against the 49ers. That apparently didn't inspire much of an effort against Jacksonville. Injuries and resting people are fine, but there was a lot of the sloppiness we saw early against SF, and that's not excusable. Wilfork called it out too, saying that the team didn't come out prepared to play. That has to be nipped in the bud. Do that in the playoffs and we could see a repeat of the 2009 Baltimore fiasco.

So what you're saying is that you have no idea what leadership is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back