PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady goes off on the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well. Especially when brady is 1/2 the problem. He should blame himself and then the line will realize they need to play better.

This is simply not true. Different people respond to different methods of reinforcement. The notion that all people respond better to positive reinforcement is just modern stupidity failing to learn from thousands of years of history.

Pop Warner BS

Sunday's team earned a well deserved a kick in the ass, verbal and physical. Reading the Globe, etc. Brady did criticize the passing game. Unless you just started following this team, Brady is well noted for being his own harshest critic, except for the acerbic BB behind the scenes ass kickings of course.

not pop warner. Psychology 101. Brady did criticize the passing game? Did he criticize himself? Publicly? He's his harshest critic but not in public. When he's throwing ints and overthrowing people and throwing it at their shoes, he deserves some of the blame.

not pop warner. Psychology 101. Brady did criticize the passing game? Did he criticize himself? Publicly? He's his harshest critic but not in public. When he's throwing ints and overthrowing people and throwing it at their shoes, he deserves some of the blame.

Psychology 101 is deeply flawed and infested with feel good PC thinking.
See Deus' post.

For your info, Brady publicly said:
" .... We've got to do a better job protecting the football and certainly I've got to do a better job protecting the football. That's going to be really critical here coming down the stretch."

Article:
Brady: 'Self-inflicted errors' biggest issue

After the AFC Championship:

"I sucked pretty bad today, but our defense saved us."

He's said words to this effect several times in his career. Not that often, of course, because he's very rarely bad. So stop talking.

Last edited:

You should start watching the pressers. I watch them all over at "the official patriots site". He criticizes himself A LOT!!!!! And I dont believe I've ever heard him criticize anybody on the team in public knowing he was being quoted or filmed.

For your info, Brady publicly said:
" .... We've got to do a better job protecting the football and certainly I've got to do a better job protecting the football. That's going to be really critical here coming down the stretch."

Article:
Brady: 'Self-inflicted errors' biggest issue

Exactly. I think I've heard say that as often as BB says "it is what it is" :p

people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well. Especially when brady is 1/2 the problem. He should blame himself and then the line will realize they need to play better.

BB's tells them what they did wrong on Mondays and how to fix it, even after a 70-3 Victory. Tom challenges his team mates ("Are we gonna fight or are we gonna lay down") and they respect him for it. This isn't 6th grade soccer where everyone gets a trophy.

First pick wasn't his fault. Was a great pass which wasn't caught, wobbled and landed into the Jag's safety. Just saying...

That INT happened right in front of my seat. It was definitely Brady's fault. The safety was closing in and the coverage on Ridley was tight. Brady should have thrown it away. It was the second pick that wasn't his fault.

The fact that Brady is so vocal about the teams (or lack there of ) effort speaks volumes. Even though they won, he certainly wasn't happy about the way they got it done, and I believe this "tirade" will actually benefit the team. No one in that locker room is gonna be mad about what he said, he has their respect, he works the hardest so they will all sit up and take notice. Maybe this is exactly what they neede to hear from the leader of the team. This can only benefit them in the long run, and hopefully going forward we see a much better effort from everyone.

That game shouldnt have been as close as it was and it shouldn't have come down to the wire. Everyone knows that!!

Yeah, the 3-time SB winning, 2-time MVP, possible-GOAT unquestioned leader of the team shouldn't yell at his players, because he obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Brady should let Josh M. do all the yelling, instead.

Brady should obviously be more like Tony Romo.

Many more choke jobs in the post season and Brady will turn into Tony Romo.

On Brady. Pass to short/low and struck the defender 1st.

2 other INTs were dropped by Jax. This game had loss written all over it.

If the Pats play like this and the Ravens play like they did yesterday, another disappointment is eminent.

people respond better to positive reinforcement. If you just berate them, I dont' think it will work well.

LOL you must've never heard of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls of the 90s

Many more choke jobs in the post season and Brady will turn into Tony Romo.

It is truly astounding that this team has every amounted to anything at all with such epic fails as Brady, Mankins and Hernandez on the team.

:bricks:

You mean the guy who threw two ints in the first quarter (the same guy who was throwing passes to his receivers shoe tops many times last week) lit into everyone else for not playing well?

Tom, whatever happened to leading by example?

Everyone has had stretches lately where they've played like crap...and that includes Brady. He needs to let the coaches do the upbrading and needs to accept it alongside his teammates or he's risking coming off like a primadonna.

Exactly ! I love Brady as much as the next guy, but who the **** does he think he is yelling at the team, when HE'S throwing interceptions and going 2 for 6 to start the game and stall the offense. The man needs to look in the mirror. Glad to see he was pissed, but he should be pissed at himself first. He's looked like **** the first 20 minutes of the SF game and the Jacksonville game.

Exactly ! I love Brady as much as the next guy, but who the **** does he think he is yelling at the team, when HE'S throwing interceptions and going 2 for 6 to start the game and stall the offense. The man needs to look in the mirror. Glad to see he was pissed, but he should be pissed at himself first. He's looked like **** the first 20 minutes of the SF game and the Jacksonville game.

He's the team captain, 2 time MVP, 2 time SB MVP, GOAT candidate and unquestioned leader of the team. That's who the **** he is. He's not excluding himself from any horse whipping.

The two of you must be joking. Brady's always been pathologically self-critical. What's he supposed to do to illustrate that, yell at himself?

Exactly. As team's best player he has to light the fire in the rest of them while also taking responsibility for what he did.

Brady was obviously trying to cover up his own incompetence by point fingers and casting blame elsewhere. Dodging responsibility is one trait BB places a lot of value on, especially in his team leader.:rolleyes:

Think first. [highlight]Then[/highlight] post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back