PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blow it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
He a new (2007) fan, and thinks the Pats should win every game they play. As soon as the team loses a game he'll be gone. Don't worry.

some of you oldtimers around here kill me--thinking the amount of time you have been on this board or your 10,000-plus post count has any correlation to your football knowledge. lmfao

i agree that no one should get overly worked up about the pre-season--i/m not. but look no further than pats64's previous post to see a simple example of someone who very rationally refutes the the notion that "anyone who dares critisize this team or sounds any alarm at this point" is somehow a chicken little or bandwagon fan.

Defense win championships. ...Actually, the only Pats Superbowl team which the offense overshadowed the defense, they lost. The first one against the rams, the Rams O was way more potent than the Patriots
www.faniq.com/poll/Defense-win-championships--

Wow..... let's just take a look at this argument.

2001: New England wins 20-17
2003: New England wins 32-29
2004: New England wins 24-21

Now, take a close gander at all those numbers. Not once, with all that "defense", did the Patriots allow fewer than 17 points. And the offense? Not once did the team put fewer than 20 points on the board. Hey, would 20 points have been enough to beat the Giants?

Hmm.... 20-17. Yes, they'd have won.

All im saying is that if the defense does not get better and specifically the front 7 do not get pressure on the QB the Pats will not win it all next year either..The pass defense is even weaker with no Assante and im sorry Ellis Hobbs is no # 1 corner..I dont see how anyone can dispute what I am saying after witnessing what happened the last 2 years.

Wow..... let's just take a look at this argument.

2001: New England wins 20-17
2003: New England wins 32-29
2004: New England wins 24-21

Now, take a close gander at all those numbers. Not once, with all that "defense", did the Patriots allow fewer than 17 points. And the offense? Not once did the team put fewer than 20 points on the board. Hey, would 20 points have been enough to beat the Giants?

Hmm.... 20-17. Yes, they'd have won.

Who had the better defense in the Superbowl the Giants or the Pats ?

Who had the better defense in the Superbowl the Giants or the Pats ?

Again...... 14 points. Stop trying to change your argument.

Who had the better Defense and who won...end of that story

Patriots defense was rated #4
Giants defense was rated #17

Again, you lose your argument.

Patriots defense was rated #4
Giants defense was rated #17

Again, you lose your argument.

Who played better in the superbowl,you seem to be having a memory problem..

Stats dont mean squat if you lose the biggest game of the year all that matters is how you play that day,are you serious ?

Last edited:

Stats dont mean squat if you lose the biggest game of the year all that matters is how you play that day,are you serious ?

That Patriots defense, #4 in the league, averaged 17 ppg during the season. In the Super Bowl, they surrendered....... you guessed it, 17 points. Over the course of the Divisional, Championship and Super Bowl rounds, the Patriots surrendered a total of 49 points (the Giants surrendered 51), which totals out to FEWER than 17 points per game. In other words, the Patriots surrendered fewer points in the playoffs than during the regular season.

You have no argument. The Patriots were 18-1 on the season. The offense choked in the Super Bow, scoring fewer than 20 points for the only time all season, so the team lost. Every defensive argument you've made has been shown to be wrong, yet you persist in continuing to spout drivel.

And the "who played better in the Super Bowl" is yet another attempt to change your argument by moving the goalposts.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm not that concerned, personally. We've seen all this before, and we all know what Belichick is and isn't concerned about during pre-season.

There have certainly been some very disappointing things on show, but there's no reason to think that there's anything terminally wrong and that they won't be ironed out.

We also have to remember that the D is in transition somewhat - we've added quite a few new faces this off season, and so it's going to take time for people to get used to assignments and used to each other. You have to be excited at the youth and speed we've added though, especially Mayo who was all over the place last night. Some might say that's not a good sign, but I'd rather see him there than not.

If he keeps up this average during the regular season, he'll record over 100 tackles. Hopefully throw a few sacks and INT's in there too.

What ever makes you sleep at night..You give a team a lead with 3 mins left they are supposed to get the win..Especialy the almighty defensive genuis.BB

Just some followup on this argument of yours...

2001: with 1:51 left, the Rams get the ball trailing in the game by a touchdown. 3 plays and 55 yards later, the Rams score the tying touchdown.

2003: with 2:51 left, the Panthers get the ball trailing in the game by a touchdown. 7 plays and 80 yards later, the Panthers score the tying touchdown.

2004: with 5:40 left, the Eagles get the ball trailing in the game by 10. 13 plays and 79 yards later, the Eagles score to cut the lead to 3.

In 2 of the 3 wins, the defense surrendered the very same sort of drive you're insisting Super Bowl winning defenses don't allow.

Again your argument fails.

So the team should somehow prepare to "win the biggest" game but be ranked worse statistically, according to your logic. Please send BB a fax letting him know how to prevent helmet catches after not surrending a TD in the playoffs for 10 straight quarters and we'll be all set.

I just sent BB a fax and requested he sign the entire Jamaican sprint team to play RB,DB,LB and kick returner...he replied by sending me a prescription for anti-depressants written by the team doctor...so I got THAT going for me......

More meds needed....STAT!!!!

I thought the stupid threads were supposed to disappear when the off season was over?

Good God, you'd think BB didn't game plan and was only evaluating players in situations. No, wait, that IS waht he's doing. Relax, dumbas$.

Some of you guys are so spoiled as fans. The team loses a few meaningless exhibition games and it's all "blow it up" or "dynasty's over." I mean, this team is 23-2 in its last 25 games. That's two (unfortunately heartbreaking, but nevertheless only 2) losses.

Those Giants fans must have been calling to "blow it up" after losing their first two regular season games too. Jesus, get a hold of yourselves.

Some of you guys are so spoiled as fans. The team loses a few meaningless exhibition games and it's all "blow it up" or "dynasty's over." I mean, this team is 23-2 in its last 25 games. That's two (unfortunately heartbreaking, but nevertheless only 2) losses.

Those Giants fans must have been calling to "blow it up" after losing their first two regular season games too. Jesus, get a hold of yourselves.

Co-sign. If some of these people want to stop cheering for the Pats and be undefeated in the preseason Lions, Bucs, Seattle, or Redskins fans; feel free to GTF off this message board.

A significant % of the panic reactions are from persons who just joined the board or have not posted that much. I can see where they come from, but what is more interesting is that even the beat reporters (like Gasper) are starting to sound like many such posters.

The sports writers obviously know better than me and I can't help but wonder for a second if there is indeed something fundamentally wrong with the team (other than the injuries). But then, this is where my blind faith in BB and our team takes over.

In spite of everything negative about the team's performance until now and many reporters/fans predicting gloom and doom, I am going to shut up and wait for the season opener.

So, no more reactions to these dire threads.

Let's see how long I keep that up. :rolleyes:

Actually, they demanded that Coughlin be fired and Eli Manning be traded or cut or something after that Green Bay rout in the Meadowlands.

A significant % of the panic reactions are from persons who just joined the board or have not posted that much. I can see where they come from, but what is more interesting is that even the beat reporters (like Gasper) are starting to sound like many such posters.

The sports writers obviously know better than me and I can't help but wonder for a second if there is indeed something fundamentally wrong with the team (other than the injuries). But then, this is where my blind faith in BB and our team takes over.

In spite of everything negative about the team's performance until now and many reporters/fans predicting gloom and doom, I am going to shut up and wait for the season opener.

So, no more reactions to these dire threads.

Let's see how long I keep that up. :rolleyes:

Your good unless they lose the opener to Kansas City and go on to lose to the next two in New York and home to Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft