PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blow it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really going to have another week of these stupid threads?

If we beat the Chiefs 45-0 in the first week are these same people going to talk back to back undefeated seasons?

yes because matt cassel will still be unproductive then.

What does LAST YEARS play mean right now?,Why do some of you goofballs hold onto something that is in the PAST

What does 23-2 mean right now? - Does that mean the team will go to 45-2 or 90-2? - Stop being Morons - Its means C-R-A-P - 2007 is over and its a NEW year - god,are you all like 14 years old hanging onto 2007?.

Overall its a NEW year and with some NEW teammates - and Brady can't play defense so I don't know what is going to be with that secondary which in preseason looks like cottage cheese,many areas look O.K.,Some I have worries over since we have not seen much yet and to be worried is nothing wrong with that,even if its bad play from preseason games,BB is an excellent coach but who knows what this team will actually look like IN 2 WEEKS-NOT LAST YEAR.

Hell, Dallas had one hell of a record during several years in the mid 90s but eventually came back down to earth,While I am not saying this team is doomed by preseason games it certainly has had little to make us feel confident it will all be O.K. -

We need a game like old times soon to keep us back on track for hopefully a good season up ahead,I will officially begin to doubt the team if it gets steamrolled by KC in 2 weeks - For now I am just hoping for the best to come and hopefully come to terms that the preseason is just a bad and worthless dream.

And preseason is not the regular season. The Pats defense line up in basic formations and stand still during the preseason. The Pats' defense changes from 3-4 to 4-3 to 5-2 to 2-5 and all the defenders roam on and off the line to create confusion during the regular season. The Pats defense has always done a great job creating confusion by scheming and deception which is absent in the preseason.

The team tonight is as different to the one that will take the field September 7th as the team that took the field in any game last year. Maybe more so.

Last edited:
I am just saying they are reactionary.

Got'cha sir.

PATRIOT64 said:
What does LAST YEARS play mean right now?,Why do some of you goofballs hold onto something that is in the PAST

What does 23-2 mean right now? - Does that mean the team will go to 45-2 or 90-2? - Stop being Morons - Its means C-R-A-P - 2007 is over and its a NEW year - god,are you all like 14 years old hanging onto 2007?.

We need a game like old times soon to keep us back on track

If you honestly don't know the answer to that question then no answer provided here can help you.

Like old times? You mean the second to last game we played?

I sure hope we're able to overcome our one game losing streak and pre-season performance. We all saw what happened after our horrible 2004 pre-season, things are getting very ominous once again.

Last edited:
And preseason is not the regular season. The Pats defense line up in basic formations and stand still during the preseason. The Pats' defense changes from 3-4 to 4-3 to 5-2 to 2-5 and all the defenders roam on and off the line to create confusion during the regular season. The Pats defense has always done a great job creating confusion by scheming and deception which is absent in the preseason.

The team tonight is as different to the one that will take the field September 7th as the team that took the field in any game last year. Maybe more so.

I, Just like you you hope this team is awesome again and I hope its as fun as last year but last years team is something we may never see again - or ANYWHERE in the NFL -

Just relax,enjoy next week and cross your fingers that the preseason was just a bad joke - We all are hoping it is but no one knows for sure till they hit the field in 2 weeks for the real games.

Even BB does not know what he has right now,I am sure.

Got'cha sir.

If you honestly don't know the answer to that question then no answer provided here can help you.

I sure hope we're able to overcome our one game losing streak and pre-season performance. We all saw what happened after our horrible 2004 pre-season, things are getting very ominous once again.

yo deputy dog, i didn't post that stuff you quoted so i'd appreciate an edit as i didn't say that.

Overall its a NEW year and with some NEW teammates and an overall different schemes planned for this year - and Brady can't play defense so I don't know what is going to be with that secondary which in preseason looks like cottage cheese,many areas look O.K.,Some I have worries over since we have not seen much yet and to be worried is nothing wrong with that,even if its bad play from preseason games,BB is an excellent coach but who knows what this team will actually look like IN 2 WEEKS-ITS NOT LAST YEAR.

This team could end up being a very hard team to beat and it could be a team that can score but have trouble keeping opponents out of the end zone as well - None of us knows sh#t about this team right now in terms of how good they will really be so lets not make believe we know anything other than using your little keyboard in front of you hoping you are right

Hell, Dallas had one hell of a record during several years in the mid 90s but eventually came back down to earth,While I am not saying this team is doomed by preseason games it certainly has had little to make us feel confident it will all be O.K. - You will have negativity in some people who are not happy with what they see,meaningless games or not - live with it

We need a game like old times soon to keep us back on track for hopefully a good season up ahead,I will officially begin to doubt the team if it gets steamrolled by KC in 2 weeks - For now I am just hoping for the best to come and hopefully come to terms that the preseason is just a bad and worthless dream.

here is the correct poster disco

yo deputy dog, i didn't post that stuff you quoted so i'd appreciate an edit as i didn't say that.

Haha, wow my mistake. I hit the quote reply button and then edited the points I wanted to respond to but didn't realize I had hit your post.

We all are hoping it is.

Actually some people are able to differentiate pre-season play from regular season potential.

Last edited:
Got'cha sir.

I sure hope we're able to overcome our one game losing streak.

All I am trying to say to you is STOP with the team WAS this and WAS that crap.

Its a different overall team and THIS years team is 0-0 at this point - If you spoke to BB,Brady and anyone right now they would say the same thing - LAST YEARS DOMINATION MEANS CRAP RIGHT NOW.

Going back to 2 years previous wins and losses is ******ed and makes absolutely no sense,For instance There are at least 5 defenders on this team that were not here last year - stop comparing the past to what is now

Like I said before, the preseason means little and should to everyone but I am sure I can say that it is a bit dissapointing to not see many positive highlights in these past 3 weeks so some negativity and some doubt will always creep in until something good happens and often for that matter - in 2to 4 weeks from the beginning of the season,we will know whether to shiver and shake or sit back and enjoy.

I, Just like you you hope this team is awesome again and I hope its as fun as last year but last years team is something we may never see again - or ANYWHERE in the NFL -

Just relax,enjoy next week and cross your fingers that the preseason was just a bad joke - We all are hoping it is but no one knows for sure till they hit the field in 2 weeks for the real games.

Even BB does not know what he has right now,I am sure.

It is unlikely the Pats will go undefeated, but the Pats will still win at least 12 games barring injuries. Plenty of starters this preseason have been healthy scratches. I honestly think Belichick is tanking the preseason to keep this team fresh late in the season. The team was on fumes late last year compared to how they started.

Notice that Vrabel and Thomas have rarely if ever been on the field at the same time this preseason. I don't think Thomas has been injured. I think Belichick are resting them. The only starting defenders who have played with the starters every game this preseason have been Seymour, Wilfork, Bruschi, and Mayo. That is significant when you judge this team.

The offense is almost as bad with only Koppen, Kazcur, Mankins, Watson, and Maroney being the only opening day projected starters who have been with the first offense all preseason.

We haven't seen either of our starting units play together this preseason. Some is by design. Some is by injuries.

Haha, wow my mistake. I hit the quote reply button and then edited the points I wanted to respond to but didn't realize I had hit your post.

Actually some people are able to differentiate pre-season play from regular season potential.

Thats the first thing you got right so far in this thread - POTENTIAL

Then again at this time of year EVERY team has POTENTIAL so lets keep it as that - They all have potential to be a good team in august.

Some potential will fade away soon after the season starts

LAST YEARS DOMINATION MEANS CRAP RIGHT NOW

How you're honestly saying the fact that this team is on a 23-2 run doesn't justify as a proper argument on why not to blow this team up as this thread suggested, is mind boggling.

Of course that's a completely relevant point with the topic of blowing a franchise up at hand, are you insane?

It is unlikely the Pats will go undefeated, but the Pats will still win at least 12 games barring injuries. Plenty of starters this preseason have been healthy scratches. I honestly think Belichick is tanking the preseason to keep this team fresh late in the season. The team was on fumes late last year compared to how they started.

Notice that Vrabel and Thomas have rarely if ever been on the field at the same time this preseason. I don't think Thomas has been injured. I think Belichick are resting them. The only starting defenders who have played with the starters every game this preseason have been Seymour, Wilfork, Bruschi, and Mayo. That is significant when you judge this team.

The offense is almost as bad with only Koppen, Kazcur, Mankins, Watson, and Maroney being the only opening day projected starters who have been with the first offense all preseason.

We haven't seen either of our starting units play together this preseason. Some is by design. Some is by injuries.

What you say is true and what I say is this

Those who say the team is totally doomed right now are jumping ship WAY too soon - Do they have a right to be dissapointed from seeing their favorite team destroyed in 3 games?,Yes - Should they be expecting a high draft pick next year based on what the team did during preseason? - A resounding NO

And just as annoying are boneheads who say this team will be totally dominating again and the preseason means nothing - NO ONE in here or even in the Patriots FO or coaching staff know EXACTLY for sure what they got or what to expect until they play a game or two that means something.

Patience is the key to enjoying the sport at this point in august - God I hate this time of year where all expectations are not yet justified! :mad:

Last edited:
If we're going to blow it up, why don't we completely change our defense to a 4-3 cover-2 scheme

Crable PR/DE
Sey/Big Vince DTs
Warren LDE

Vrabes/Mayo/AThomas

with Hobbs and Wheatley the press corners(plays to their strengths)

This would work and puts our best 11 on the field

Last edited by a moderator:
How you're honestly saying the fact that this team is on a 23-2 run doesn't justify as a proper argument on why not to blow this team up as this thread suggested, is mind boggling.

Of course that's a completely relevant point with the topic of blowing a franchise up at hand, are you insane?

I am NOT blowing this team up like the OP but I am not going to be a ****wad and say its going to be totally '100% different and 100% turnaround' when the season starts either.

You are basing the success on this years team by last years and late 2006 - Thats pure stupidity IMO

Mayo was not on this team,Hobson was not on this team,Bryant was not on this team,Lynch was not here - none of those guys who will be an integral part of this years defense and how good they will be were part of that 23-2 run- can I go on?

What do you base anything on that says this defense will be as good or better than last year? - Have you seen SOMETHING I have not seen so far?

Have you seen anything to say the D will be better,ANYTHING?

Other than the fact that BB is an excellent coach you know jack about what the team will be as every fan in Pats nation is the same way - no idea.

I certainly am hoping for the best like all in here.

Last edited:
hahaha wow

Blow this topic creator up.
He a new (2007) fan, and thinks the Pats should win every game they play. As soon as the team loses a game he'll be gone. Don't worry.

At least this thread get's people thinking..Im the one last year who said this defense was not good enough to bring home a lombardi and you all ripped my head off..Gho ahead do a search for the thread it was right after the Dallas game..Oh and I was right.

Last edited:
At least this thread get's people thinking..Im the one last year who said this defense was not good enough to bring home a lombardi and you all rippeed my head off..Gho ahead do a search for the thread it was right after the Dallas thread..Oh and I was right.

No, you weren't.

Im the one last year who said this offense was not good enough to bring home a lombardi and you all ripped my head off..Gho ahead do a search for the thread it was right after the Dallas game..Oh and I was right.

You were indeed prescient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back