PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone nervous about the Giants next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a little, but the patriots play today was indicative of a team that hasn't played a game in 2 weeks. add to that the 5 day break the players are required to get after a bye week, and then you get what we saw today.

We struggled against a Jets team that were playing horrible when we played them and were a Cowboys first down from losing, a Cowboys team that is getting hammered by a team coming off the bye, just like we were.

No excuses. This team needs to start playing like they give a damn, or we won't even make the playoffs. Because we have a hungry Giants up next and then play the Jets at home.

We struggled against a Jets team that were playing horrible when we played them and were a Cowboys first down from losing, a Cowboys team that is getting hammered by a team coming off the bye, just like we were.

No excuses. This team needs to start playing like they give a damn, or we won't even make the playoffs. Because we have a hungry Giants up next and then play the Jets at home.
You mean the hungry Giants who barely beat the winless Dolphins at home today? Those Giants?? Or the hungry Giants who lost to Seattle at home a few weeks ago? Those Giants??

The defense makes me nervous about every game. Period.

No, because if I get nervous over a game I'm not playing I got issues .

No, because if I get nervous over a game I'm not playing I got issues .

You're telling me that not once you were ever nervous before a game? Not the first SB? 2nd? 3rd?

You're telling me that not once you were ever nervous before a game? Not the first SB? 2nd? 3rd?

I understand what you are saying, but I don't really get nervous. It's fun, exciting, and all that but nerve racking? No. still don't mean you can't enjoy it and be a fan though.

There are things that matter and things that don't.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't really get nervous. It's fun, exciting, and all that but nerve racking? No. still don't mean you can't enjoy it and be a fan though.

There are things that matter and things that don't.

did I ever tell you about the time when I was watching a game and I got so nerved up that I ripped up an entire bag full of marshmallows and threw them up in the air...and then this one marshmallow got stuck in my throat as I looked up, mouth wide open, and it got stuck in my windpipe??...and I passed out and smashed the fishbowl next to the recliner and the water seeped through the floor and dripped all over the landlady downstairs...and she called the cops who came and bashed down my door and arrested me for attempted suicide?...and it took me a week to get out of jail by which time I'd lost my night shift manager's job at Wendy's?...and so I ran out of cash and my bank account emptied and I ended up.....
vandownbyriver.png

did I ever tell you about the time when I was watching a game and I got so nerved up that I ripped up an entire bag full of marshmallows and threw them up in the air...and then this one marshmallow got stuck in my throat as I looked up, mouth wide open, and it got stuck in my windpipe??...and I passed out and smashed the fishbowl next to the recliner and the water seeped through the floor and dripped all over the landlady downstairs...and she called the cops who came and bashed down my door and arrested me for attempted suicide?...and it took me a week to get out of jail by which time I'd lost my night shift manager's job at Wendy's?...and so I ran out of cash and my bank account emptied and I ended up.....
vandownbyriver.png

Ha ha, same thing happened to a friend of mine

Each game makes me nervous now. We have the worst D in the league.

No pass rush + terriable secondary = not a good team. You can't expect the offense to carry them every week, just ask Marino

Now that is complete garbage.

I saw an above average pass rush today, the secondary just couldn't cover for .3 seconds longer.

Maybe you just watch the game hoping the Pats do bad :confused2:

a little, but the patriots play today was indicative of a team that hasn't played a game in 2 weeks. add to that the 5 day break the players are required to get after a bye week, and then you get what we saw today.

come on. we can't have it both ways. Remember the days of "The Pats don't lose after byes?"

If we win then we are 6-2 with a 3pt and 8pt loss, last season we were 6-2 with two double digit losses, damn near blowouts.

We are overreacting a bit because we are actually in a better position than last year, unless we somehow suck at home. What I am wondering is do we have the hardest schedule or what? You see SF and GB playing nothing but jokes, yet all we get is media favorites, SD, DAL, NYG, PHI, NYJ, PIT etc. It is crazy, yet we get judged the same as GB.

Anyone? If the D plays like this again they lose...so yes i am nervous

A little, Giants D-line is no joke. However, it's a home and I always feel pretty confident at home during the regular season.

Now that is complete garbage.

I saw an above average pass rush today, the secondary just couldn't cover for .3 seconds longer.

Maybe you just watch the game hoping the Pats do bad :confused2:

Actually, the only times they got pressure was because Big Ben held onto the football too long. As weird as that sounds, the coverage helped the pass rush more than the pass rush helped the coverage yesterday.

I'm nervous about every week. The talent gap between all NFL teams is less than most people think. It's not who you have on your side so much as how much better your coach is able to use your team's talents moreso than the other guy, on a particular day.

The Giants can do some things very well. We had better outplay them, and I think we will. But am I nervous? Of course.

The Giants are another team with a chip on their shoulder. If any QB in the league feels he has more to prove than Big Ben, it's Eli, who is constantly ragged on by the New York media and fans as a "one hit wonder." So, yeah, I'm nervous, but I don't see them losing a second game in a row and certainly not when that game is at home. The Giants, on the other hand, have a good grip on first place in the NFC East, feel the Eagles starting to breathe down their necks, will think we are vulnerable and will want to make a "it was no fluke" statement.

Put it this way, if the Pats do lose, I'll begin to think of my 12--4 "Predict the Season" prediction as a long shot.

The Giants are another team with a chip on their shoulder. If any QB in the league feels he has more to prove than Big Ben, it's Eli, who is constantly ragged on by the New York media and fans as a "one hit wonder." So, yeah, I'm nervous, but I don't see them losing a second game in a row and certainly not when that game is at home. The Giants, on the other hand, have a good grip on first place in the NFC East, feel the Eagles starting to breathe down their necks, will think we are vulnerable and will want to make a "it was no fluke" statement.

Put it this way, if the Pats do lose, I'll begin to think of my 12--4 "Predict the Season" prediction as a long shot.

Even if they lose the nexf 2 games, there is really no on on their schedule that is as difficult as what they faced the first 9 games. Buffalo and philly are as tough as it will get during the last 7 games.

Especially nervous about the Jints next Sunday? (I'll be there)
No
Because I have valid reason to believe that the Patriots QB, HC and OL are all substantively better than the juggernaught Miami Dolphins who gave the Giants a battle in their home stadium. Call me a homer for saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case