PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone nervous about the Giants next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone? If the D plays like this again they lose...so yes i am nervous
im nervous about every game they play. i dont care who they play. i take nothing for granted. not wins nothing.

The Patriots should beat the Giants next week, because the Giants aren't really designed in such a way that they should be able to force the Patriots into the kind of defense they tried yesterday. As long as the O-line can keep Brady somewhat clean, the Patriots should win.

Unfortunately, that means that the homers will come out and start insisting that all is well, the ship's been fixed, and the Super Bowl is a fait accompli.
In other words, you're setting yourself up to bash Belichick and talk about how much the Patriots suck no matter what actually happens in the game.

NY is a horrific matchup for our defense. If we play well against them, there should be a positive reaction here.

This defense couldn't stop the ESPN talking heads from scoring.

In other words, you're setting yourself up to bash Belichick and talk about how much the Patriots suck no matter what actually happens in the game.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. That's not new for you or anything, but it does need to be pointed out. Go find where I've said that the Patriots suck, in regards to on-the-field play: Not the defense, but the Patriots as a whole, and not for just a small window of time (i.e. "they suck out there today" is NOT the same as "they suck".

NY is a horrific matchup for our defense. If we play well against them, there should be a positive reaction here.

NY is not a "horrific matchup for our defense". Nicks is expected to be out, the TE is getting his first season of real playing time because of the loss of Boss, so he's inexperienced out there, and Manningham and Cruz are very inconsistent. It's actually a great matchup for the Patriots, because they SHOULD be able to work the zone in the back while still dealing more successfully in the middle.

Last edited:
You really have no idea what you're talking about. That's not new for you or anything, but it does need to be pointed out. Go find where I've said that the Patriots suck, in regards to on-the-field play: Not the defense, but the Patriots as a whole, and not for just a small window of time (i.e. "they suck out there today" is NOT the same as "they suck".

NY is not a "horrific matchup for our defense". Nicks is expected to be out, the TE is getting his first season of real playing time because of the loss of Boss, so he's inexperienced out there, and Manningham and Cruz are very inconsistent. It's actually a great matchup for the Patriots, because they SHOULD be able to work the zone in the back while still dealing more successfully in the middle.

Nicks is expected to play, but with a bad hammy.

Hakeem Nicks’ Hammy, the Patriots Lurk & Eli Manning as MVP? in Tuesday Morning Storylines | Giants 101
england-patriots-lurk-and-eli-manning-as-mvp-in-tuesday-morning-storylines/

Nicks with his size and strenght could be big problem the way V jax was when we played the chargers.

With the giants i believe we have to play small ball. I would like them to run it a lot which hopefully will kill the clock and not allow eli to get going.

People need to make up their minds..Two weeks ago everyone was praising the defense when the offense tried to give the game away vs. The Cowboys. Now its the opposite.

The cowboys game was a joke.Your seeing what kind of team the cowboys are.Their coaching staff gets outcoached every game.Not to mention the cowboys where very conservative in their gameplan.

If Eli Manning doesnt have 33 passing attempts in the first half,i will be shocked!!!

The giants have pass rushers galore.This team is gonna have to find a way to run the football.I wanna see more of the young backs along with Ellis!!!

Serious question, do you expect to win the super bowl every year?

nope but with the talent on this team and with one of the greatest head coaches of all time I sure as sh*t don't expect to get embarrassed 2 years in a row at home in the playoffs. I also don't tout 14-2 as something to fall back on when everybody and their mother knows how that ended for us.

Last edited:
Victor Cruz will be on Cruz Control against this D

I love the posts about how Belichek will kick their butts in practice this week. Those days are gone one padded practice and the rest of the week they are there in Jerseys. This padded practice rule has hurt the NFL. Look how crappy the tackling has been around the whole league.

As far as worried about his week hell yeah I am. If the defense cannot get off the field it will be a long game.

As someone who lives in the NY Metro area and watches all their games, I don't love the match up. The biggest Giants issue this year has been running the ball. TC is incredibly hard headed and tried to force the ball down Dolphins throat all day yesterday to the point where fans were booing every time Jacobs touched the ball.

Even TC has to realize that there is no need to establish the run against this defense and Eli can play that dink and dunk game down the field. On the other side, they finally have that DL healthy for really the first time all year. The Dolphins couldn't block JPP, Tuck, Osi, etc. in the 4th quarter.

The offensive line will really need to step up because their should be opportunities down he field if they can protect.

On the mark. The Giants have a quarterback who is in the top 4 in almost all NFL passing stats but still struggled against the Dolphins. The Giants should come out with their best Air Coryell imitation and throw, throw, throw until the Patriots stop them or start getting to Manning on a regular basis. Every running play is a gift to the Patriots.

The Patriots need to keep it mixed up with 50-50 running plays or screens with Faulk or Woodhead groping for yardage in all sorts of situations to keep the Giants defensive line honest.

Should be a great game but I like the Pats 24-21.

Eli is having a career year. He is doing very well this year compared to all of his other years

Hopefully is passes are going to our DB's sunday....well..if there are any DBs out there

Most of you thinking we were going to roll them..Giants are too good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back