PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone nervous about the Giants next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to the next few games to see how the team responds. The next 4 games define where the team will finish in the standings. If we manage 2-2 at least, we're in good shape. For all the doom and gloom right now we'll end up with a bye in that case.

The Pats had one of the top rushing offenses before this game. The offense is anything but one dimensional.
When you utilize primarily Kevin Faulk as your primary RB and shun Ridley and BGJE and have NO ONE to stretch the field.....you AREN'T balanced offensively.

I've constantly been asking for more balance but there simply wasn't a chance for it today. When you are down by double digits for as much of the game as we are running is that much harder... when we did try running it didn't work, BJGE was a complete nonfactor aside from a nice 3rd and short conversion.

We have one the worst defense's in the leage and your not worried?

Its not ONE of the worst defenses, its THE worst defense in the league. Also, the passing defense is on pace to amass 5232 yards. That will be a new NFL record by over 500 yards. It is time to hire a defensive coordinator. Defensive football has past BB years ago.

Last edited:
Anyone nervous about the Giants next week?

Right now I'm the same as I have been for almost every other week for the last four years:

Cautiously Optimistic

stop making excuses. They are so sharp after the bye and weren't today at all. This games shows that the pats are NOT the class of the AFC

But think about this - they were down 23-17 and sill had a chance to win after playing as badly as they played on the road against a good team.

Not sure I would want to be the Giants next week.

I just haven't expected much from this team since 2007. They haven't disappointed me yet.

Am I nervous about the Giants next week?

No.

Vs some teams I expect a win....some a spanking.
VS a competent team like the giants, we should win but in the back of my mind, I know a loss is very possible.

I just haven't expected much from this team since 2007. They haven't disappointed me yet.

Well, I guess that would help explain why the only time you bothered to register and comment was after the team lost.

Where are those people who said that teams off the bye suck this year? Philly just came off the bye and are on fire

Where are those people who said that teams off the bye suck this year? Philly just came off the bye and are on fire

most teams coming off the bye from last week are doing well today. the giants, bills won and the eagles are winning their game. only the pats looked flat. of course it doesn't help we had to play one of the league's best defenses today while the bills play the redskins and giants play the dolphins.

Eli Manning can be very erratic but he Patriots lack the talent on defense to stop anyone. Isn't it a little scary that besides Wilfork, no Patriot player could even crack the starting lineup on the Steelers Defense. I hate being pessimistic but imagine if our offense was simply average???

with the talent and dept the pats have at DB any team can beat the pats but i think we forget that the steelers were in the SB last year and it still took a great game plan by the steelers and bad coaching by the pats for the steelers to get a win at home, i look for the pats to get the win vs the G men

Its not just the poor DB play. No pass rush because the OLBs and DEs are scrap heap trash from other teams. The Pats defense is the least talented group in the NFL.

Its not just the poor DB play. No pass rush because the OLBs and DEs are scrap heap trash from other teams. The Pats defense is the least talented group in the NFL.

they had 5 sacks today thats more then the steelers had it's bad covrage by the CB's and S

I think we'll win because it's a home game. And I think Brady will be extra pissed after this loss. Those are my only reasons for thinking we'll win though. The defense gives me zero confidence that they can contribute to us winning games. Hopefully they don't get lit up too bad against Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and company.

Last edited:
today's steeler game plan was very reminiscent of what the giants did to the patriots a few years ago. patriots win the toss - defer to the second half. the steelers come out and go on a long TD drive. brady and the offense comes out after that and looks rusty. their job was to keep brady off the field and they did a great job of that, and when brady gets on the field they did an awesome job jamming the patriots receivers at the LOS.

Giants are going to be tough for us so i'm definately worried.

Good receivers and a D-line that can bring the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes