PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this it for Mac?

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Do you guys think Mac Jones starts again next week or have we seen the end of Mac Jones as QB for the Patriots? Watching the Giants game, it’s clear as day and it’s been clear that this man isn’t a leader nor a QB. Trotting him out again only is good if you care about tanking. Personally, watching him play gives me stomach problems so I hope this is it.

I still believe we can get the first overall pick in the draft and I think Mac is the man to lead us to the promised land. Sign me up for more Mac. Zappe looked just good enough to give me a heart attack as we almost pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. Luckily Bill's high draft choice (for a kicker) bailed us out.

It seemed to me that Zappe was better. It wasn’t by much, but he made fewer mistakes and also had the lesser circumstances - he had to deal with the rain and lost Pop Douglas early on. Mac had Pop and clean conditions. Zappe led one TD drive, should have had the game tying FG drive if not for the Ryland chip shot shank, and just had the one INT. Mac had no scores, two INTs and also fumbled once (recovered himself), and threw two other balls that should’ve been picked. Zappe was definitely the better player even if he wasn’t necessarily that good himself.

Mac has enough to be a career Hoyer. He'll be on someone's team next year as a 2nd or 3rd QB.
And someone might be able to put his shattered head/heart back together, but who knows.
He could also play in the XFL or something.

Here in New England? Yeah. That train has long since left the station. Mac has no faith in the team and Bill has no faith in Mac. After last year's ******** coaching, can't blame the kid.

Idk. Realistically he shouldn't, but Zappe is going to get himself benched too and it's pretty obvious they overall think Mac is better. Which is the problem.

Whenever Zappe and Mac have a one to one comparison, Zappe will get off one really safe drive and then stink it up the rest of the game. So I don't trust that even if they said "Zappe is the definitive starter" tomorrow, that he won't just lose the job back to Mac.

Probably half and half ... except for tanking neither one is much better than the other.
Mac has more talent but his head remains the problem ... Zappe has the head not the talent.

Idk. Realistically he shouldn't, but Zappe is going to get himself benched too and it's pretty obvious they overall think Mac is better. Which is the problem.

Whenever Zappe and Mac have a one to one comparison, Zappe will get off one really safe drive and then stink it up the rest of the game. So I don't trust that even if they said "Zappe is the definitive starter" tomorrow, that he won't just lose the job back to Mac.
Howell was right there in the draft and Bill picked Zappe. Genius checkers-chess move.

We have the worst QB tandem in the league by far. Of the 2 :poop:s, my eyeballs tell me that Zappe is a little less of a greaser in the underpants than Mac so what does that mean exactly…who knows???

In all seriousness, we’ll probably see Zappe from here on out but I’d rather see Mac just to guarantee we have as high a pick as we can possibly get. In the end, we’re gonna get a top 3 pick no matter which QB sh!ts the bed for the rest of the season.

Somehow Zappe is worse than Mac but Mac is so Broken Zappe is better. Does that make sense at all?
Sort of. Mac in a vacuum is better in every measurable and frankly even today, Zappe threw more throws that should have been picked off. Dude was lucky as hell. But right now Mac breaks down fast facing adversity and crumbles and Zappe hasn't had that happen just yet... but we'll get him there.

Either way, both these guys are not viable options next year so it kinda doesn't matter. What theoretically should happen is we just draft next year, get a veteran like Wentz and then let Mac play number 3. Mac and Wentz/veteran can fight it out to be the starter until the new kid is ready.

Mac is playing terrible. I have no idea if he will play again. He probably shouldn't, but who knows.

Sort of. Mac in a vacuum is better in every measurable and frankly even today, Zappe threw more throws that should have been picked off. Dude was lucky as hell. But right now Mac breaks down fast facing adversity and crumbles and Zappe hasn't had that happen just yet... but we'll get him there.

Either way, both these guys are not viable options next year so it kinda doesn't matter. What theoretically should happen is we just draft next year, get a veteran like Wentz and then let Mac play number 3. Mac and Wentz/veteran can fight it out to be the starter until the new kid is ready.
No to Wentz but agree with everything else.

All Zappe did today was have these little passes behind the LOS that were turned into easy screens and big YAC plays because the Giants would not press up to the LOS to shut that garbage down.

Neither QB is long for this team.

At this point I’d sign someone off a practice squad. Neither of our guys is an NFL QB.

Jones may have a future in the league. But as a backup and not in NE.

Zappe never belonged in the league and should have never been drafted by us. Period.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back