PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Grier is next in line if Mac fails this week

Not sure you understand what a check down is.
I know what it is AJ the point is we are throwing too many well behind the sticks this 23 Rham ain't taking a 2 yard pass 10 yards much less to the house.

Last edited:
I know what it is AJ the point is we are throwing too many well behind the sticks this 23 Rham ain't taking 2 yard pass 10 yards much less to the house.
I don’t think you do. Or at least your posts in this thread don’t appear that you do.
Most of the dump offs to RBs that I’ve look at on the all22s we designed to clear out and throw to the rb as progression #1 not check downs.

He's going harp on the OL until Kingdom come because every pass play in Rob's mind is a jail break it's never Mac. :rolleyes: Hello @Rob0729 they got Mac a Real OC and a real OL-Coach it's time for Mac to give us something and not turnovers.
They didn't give him an Oline though.

Play Zappe before the score is 31 - 0.

A football game is like boxing match where you set yourself up for later rounds.
31-0. So play him for a quarter you're saying?

I know what it is AJ the point is we are throwing too many well behind the sticks this 23 Rham ain't taking 2 yard pass 10 yards much less to the house.
We’ve targeted RBs on less than 18% of passes. Down from 22% last year and 20% in 2021.

I don’t think you do. Or at least your posts in this thread don’t appear that you do.
Most of the dump offs to RBs that I’ve look at on the all22s we designed to clear out and throw to the rb as progression #1 not check downs.
Well If that's the case our Offense is not very innovative this Team is not built for 20 play drives two many things can happen. But BOB said they are changing some things so we'll see.

Well If that's the case our Offense is not very innovative this Team is not built for 20 play drives two many things can happen. But BOB said they are changing some things so we'll see.
Huh?

Really is it?? From a sample size Zappe have above average pocket presence Mac have None! Zappe over throws WR's Mac throws them to the other team's CB to be exact. Yeah it's really clear cut like you say.:rolleyes:
We witnessed this from So many teams over the years. Anytime a team has to shuffle or have any QB controversy is a Clear sign they don't have 1.

Bedard is such a clown, my weird creepy neighbor with turrets has more inside sources than him.

Whether you think Mac sucks or not. It is just a fact that the OL sucks.

Mac isn't the one allowing a 50% pressure rate for worst in the NFL.

Now is he making poor decisions because of that pressure? Yes. But the fact remains the OL is bad.

The mental part of his game is off.
It’s obvious to see. He plays like he has no idea what they are trying to accomplish on the play. He sees ghosts and acts like there is pressure when there isn’t at times. He can make up his mind whether he wants to run or not, every movement in the pocket is different from the last. His decision making is slow and a lot of his inaccuracy appears to be that he waits too long to pull the trigger then he is rushing the throw.
The brain part of his game has been bad. He looks as if every okay he runs was just drawn up in the huddle and he’s trying to figure out how it’s supposed to work. Even the pitch to Stevenson on the short yardage play, which is routine looked like it was improvised and never worked on by him. (And executed extremely well by the other 10)

I think the pressure has ruined his mind. Even when there's not pressure the idea in his head is "I gotta get rid of this or in gonna get rocked"

Shades of Darnold "seeing ghosts". But that's what happens when you have a poor OL.

It's speeding up his decision making and fundamentals are breaking down. And already not having the best physical tools is leading to ungodly mistakes

Guess we will find out if they totally broke him. Hate Mac or not. This is malpractice in how to handle a young QB.

Which is why I have little faith that Bill will do right by whatever new QB we end up going with now or in the future.

I don’t think he’s making fast decisions, I think he is panicking and chucking the ball to where he decided presbyopia without reading the coverage or making a solid decision. When your first read is the Z and you see ghosts and throw too early to the z when he isn’t open that’s not a quick decision that’s panic. The film reeks of it

That is my point at least for the last two week weeks. He is rushing his throws.

Bedard's got two chances to get it right, and frankly I don't care who starts.

I loved Grier as a prospect coming out of college, he had to learn how to play under center and a pro style offense.

He's got a really strong arm, at least, so we won't have to hear that "weak arm" baloney.

He's had time to learn and develop, he also looked really good in preseason.

All he has to do is not turn it over, and that will be a marked improvement from the current guy.

#AnyoneButMac

The thing to remember is that the Patriots specifically brought in BOB as OC because that was the best fit for Mac. Then they set up the offense to make it comfortable for Mac. Sure, there might be some talent issues, but they are scheming things specifically to make it easiest/most comfortable for Mac, and he's still blowing it big-time... so if they swap QBs then they're running a system they specifically set up for one dude, with a different dude. Changing up the scheme in a significant way mid-season can't be a simple task. Maybe they can do something more significant on the bye week, but that's another 5 or so weeks away. Too late to matter by then.

Really is it?? From a sample size Zappe have above average pocket presence Mac have None! Zappe over throws WR's Mac throws them to the other team's CB to be exact. Yeah it's really clear cut like you say.:rolleyes:
Nobody wanted him ... capeesh ... not 1 team ... what were they all idiots???

Reactions: sb1
I would like to see them give Zappe a chance at a full game with a week of first team practice. He’s just being tossed in halfway through absolute blow outs. It’s not giving him much of a chance at succeeding.

If he starts and sucks go to Grier. Why are people wanting Grier ahead of Zappe? His career stat sheet looks god awful.
Because with a collapsed pocket the smurf Zappe cannot see the field.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back