PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible Bill can save his job by benching Mac Jones and blaming the season on him?

“It’s all Mac’s fault. HE lost the game. It’s all him. His team is fine. He’s dragging his team down.”

So… then it really is all the QB that wins or loses? Great so Brady gets 100% credit for the dynasty. It is all the QB. He carried his team it’s all him so time to shut down any other opinion on that topic.

Works for me!
I love how people make up something no one said so they can argue against the thing no one said and think they proved their point with the statement they made up

There’s obviously anomalies. Von Miller went on an unstoppable tear and dragged a washed Manning to a ring but if you want sustained success you credit or blame your QB.

I love how people make up something no one said so they can argue against the thing no one said and think they proved their point with the statement they made up
It’s all Mac’s fault right? Isn’t that what we’re saying? His line is good his receivers are good it’s just the QB that loses a game.

So I think Brady gets 100% of the credit for the dynasty. It’s all him. Same logic.

There’s obviously anomalies. Von Miller went on an unstoppable tear and dragged a washed Manning to a ring but if you want sustained success you credit or blame your QB.
The guy who makes the most good plays isn’t “carrying” the team. No player has enough impact to over come 21 others.

The guy who makes the most good plays isn’t “carrying” the team. No player has enough impact to over come 21 others.
Oh? So it’s not all the QB then? This is confusing to follow! Lol

My point was, every so often you’ll occasionally have a team perform in such a way where numerous quarterbacks could have won the Super Bowl with them, but for the long haul, you’re not winning in this league without an elite quarterback or a really good one surrounded by studs.

Mac is obviously neither. Mark Sanchez was better. So was Fitzmagic.

This ^

Mac literally ran into the sack, if he stays put and makes the throw there is no sack.

It's not unlike the 3rd and short where he has Rhamondre is in the flat to the left, if he throws to him immediately it's a TD or at least a long gain, but definitely a first down... instead Mac waits to get gobbled up, throws a granny underhand free throw to Rhamondre too late for an incompletion. The next thing you know Obie is on the sidelines screaming in his ear see the showing him the tablet.

Most of Mac's sacks are the result of his pizz poor pocket awareness and putting his linemen at a disadvantage by moving and dislodging their leverage on the guys they're blocking. Mac sucks.
The biggest issue is that he just doesn’t see and understand whats happening in front of him. I swear the dude defending him might be 10 himself because he is arguing the qb isn’t supposed to see the X running an in at the numbers against cover2. Although even 10 understands you don’t have double teams in zone lol.
But that’s what I keep seeing. The guy the play call us supposed to get open, gets open and 10 doesn’t see him in time.
It causes a lot of check downs and some sacks.
Now he has faced more than average pressure throughout this season especially early on, but that’s just not an excuse to **** your pants. Sadly he just doesn’t grasp how the job is supposed to be done.

Oh? So it’s not all the QB then? This is confusing to follow! Lol
Why would it be confusing to follow?
Which statements do you not understand. (The ones actually made not the ones you make up)

My point was, every so often you’ll occasionally have a team perform in such a way where numerous quarterbacks could have won the Super Bowl with them, but for the long haul, you’re not winning in this league without an elite quarterback or a really good one surrounded by studs.
A QB can elevate a team. Make a good team great. A qb can’t make a bad team good.
A QB can absolutely make a great team bad, because if the qb sucks you just can’t compete.

All your time is wasted defending Corky Mac. Every post leans pro Corky.

Here we are today at 2 - 8 and you're still a believer. We are on year 2 and you still refuse to admit Corky is not an NFL QB. The worse he performs the more you dig in that its not all his fault.

Again, the OL is NOT going to block 100% perfect every play. Sometimes the other guy wins. It is up to the QB to be cognizant of what is happening and take appropriate measures to counter the defense. Not stand there like a tackling dummy waiting for the hit. Not heaving the ball underhanded straight up in the air like yesterday. Corky is overwhelmed. Mark Sanchez was too. Neither is/was mentally or physically tough enough to survive.

I want Corky to finish the season. He gives NE the best shot at a high draft pick.
I want him to finish too. Btw, Mark Sanchez who was bad is a overwhelming upgrade over Mac and I say that with all seriousness knowing that the butt fumble happened.

Here’s why dudes used to want to come here for discounts, rings, and do what the F they were told.

Nobody was saying “I really like your 53 man roster. I’m down for a pay cut.”

The biggest issue is that he just doesn’t see and understand whats happening in front of him. I swear the dude defending him might be 10 himself because he is arguing the qb isn’t supposed to see the X running an in at the numbers against cover2. Although even 10 understands you don’t have double teams in zone lol.
But that’s what I keep seeing. The guy the play call us supposed to get open, gets open and 10 doesn’t see him in time.
It causes a lot of check downs and some sacks.
Now he has faced more than average pressure throughout this season especially early on, but that’s just not an excuse to **** your pants. Sadly he just doesn’t grasp how the job is supposed to be done.
The play is designed for Gesicki, we literally see Mac looking at him, ****ing his arm back to make the throw… then he panics and runs into a defender who Sow shoved to the ground and who is flat on his face.

It’s egregiously bad, but I did a film review after last weeks game and pointed out all the missed throws, the terrible plays and the same Mac apologists were here defending the indefensible.

Three years later and we’re still making excuses for him.

The play is designed for Gesicki, we literally see Mac looking at him, ****ing his arm back to make the throw… then he panics and runs into a defender who Sow shoved to the ground and who is flat on his face.

It’s egregiously bad, but I did a film review after last weeks game and pointed out all the missed throws, the terrible plays and the same Mac apologists were here defending the indefensible.

Three years later and we’re still making excuses for him.
He may have been looking at gesicki but there is no question that play against cover2 says juju is the first read. The entire design of the play says so. The inside receiver (Henry) runs to the post to occupy the safety. The rb goes to the flat to concern the underneath coverage and juju runs exactly where you exploit cover2.

I think Jones passes up any reads that are beyond 7 yards.

Why isn't anyone mentioning three lineman on the Pats had to block two of the Colts and one guy got through, maybe that was the reason this play fell apart.

He may have been looking at gesicki but there is no question that play against cover2 says juju is the first read. The entire design of the play says so. The inside receiver (Henry) runs to the post to occupy the safety. The rb goes to the flat to concern the underneath coverage and juju runs exactly where you exploit cover2.

I think Jones passes up any reads that are beyond 7 yards.
Based on video evidence he turns down most good reads, takes good reads and throws a slow high arcing pass when it calls for more mustard, or ducks and runs with nobody around him.

Throws over twenty yards are a pipe dream, on GM Shuffle pod Lombardi gave Mac’s 20+ yard completion percentage and it was horrid.

It’s year three. Mike Shamahan once said in year three you know who a QB really is… unfortunately this is who he is.

Why isn't anyone mentioning three lineman on the Pats had to block two of the Colts and one guy got through, maybe that was the reason this play fell apart.
Because most expect that a guy laying in the ground shouldn’t stop a play.

Because Sam Howell gets slaughtered on every play, he leads the entire league in sacks, the next closest guy has 14 fewer sacks than Howell. Howell also leads the NFL in passing yards and is third in TD’s.

Joe Burrow has had the worst offensive line in the NFL for the last three years. The first two he had his team on the doorstep of a Super Bowl victory.

Good QB’s make plays, not excuses.

It certainly didn't help but Mac needs to throw right now to either HH or Gisicki

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 8.28.39 PM.png

Based on video evidence he turns down most good reads, takes good reads and throws a slow high arcing pass when it calls for more mustard, or ducks and runs with nobody around him.

Throws over twenty yards are a pipe dream, on GM Shuffle pod Lombardi gave Mac’s 20+ yard completion percentage and it was horrid.

It’s year three. Mike Shamahan once said in year three you know who a QB really is… unfortunately this is who he is.
I have been overwhelming patient an optimistic with 10.
But as time goes on it just adds up.
It was clear in 2021 he played with handcuffs on. But that’s great for a rookie
Last year they started the season asking him to take shots down the field. It as a disaster with 5 picks and <17 ppg in 3 games before he got hurt.
He came back, threw more dumb picks then it turned into screen o Rama.
His play got a pass because of Patricia. Turns out maybe 10 held Patricia back lol.
But I came into this year open minded and optimistic. And once again when we get in position for a game winning or tying drive, he ****s his pants. In the red zone he is impotent. We have a net of 11 offensive TDs in 10 games. 15 scored and 4 defensive scores handed over by 10.
The final play, hopefully if his patriot career was the straw that broke the camels back. One of the easiest td passes in the nfl he under throws a 20 yard pass by 7 yards.
That is just a guy who doesn’t have the make up to make plays to win games.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back