PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this it for Mac?

BB's way worked 20 years it's not how the New NFL works. We need a Fresh New approach especially on the Scouting Ievel. On the Grier comparison you can always fire your GM.

there are some fans who are content drafting a QB prospect high and then giving them parker/juju/bourne as their top 2 next year...and the OL could be worse. with better QB play sure we arent 2-9. but are we content just being at best .500?

lets not forget onwenu is a free agent because bill didn't offer him a second deal....same with duggar... 2 of our best drafted players let out the door for nothing.

there are some fans who are content drafting a QB prospect high and then giving them parker/juju/bourne as their top 2 next year...and the OL could be worse. with better QB play sure we arent 2-9. but are we content just being at best .500?

lets not forget onwenu is a free agent because bill didn't offer him a second deal....same with duggar... 2 of our best drafted players let out the door for nothing.
That's why we hope he leaves peacefully at seasons end.

I'd take Cam newton right now. I thought that was as bad as it could get. Nope the Mac& zap show this season has to be the NFLs worst QB group.or close
Im Not No Way GIF

Nope on Cam.

This was referred to in an Athletic article. Really telling. Just in case your eyes didn't tell you Mac sucks.

Evan Lazar think the same thing as per his audio breakdown

Does it matter if one might have done slightly better than the other in one game if both suck? I’m glad both will be gone in 2024.

When Bedard says it was f’n brutal then it was f’n brutal. Nothing else to add.

Last edited:
Does it matter if one might have done slightly better than the other in one game if both suck? I’m glad both will be gone in 2024.

When Bedard says it was f’n brutal then it was f’n brutal. Nothing else to add.
You've got to keep them both for the QB competition next year. Mac, Zap, a journeyman vet and then the QB we take with the 2nd or 3rd pick. Let Mac and Zap build some kind of trade value (it won't be much but it will be more if you trade them at the end of the season or the beginning of the next one).

In a Dopple ganger universe Mac is the Best QB Worse = First. :rofl:

This was referred to in an Athletic article. Really telling. Just in case your eyes didn't tell you Mac sucks.

Not through those binoculars. :rolleyes:
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

You've got to keep them both for the QB competition next year. Mac, Zap, a journeyman vet and then the QB we take with the 2nd or 3rd pick. Let Mac and Zap build some kind of trade value (it won't be much but it will be more if you trade them at the end of the season or the beginning of the next one).
If we go into 2024 with Mac Jones on our roster I might stop watching lol. I know someone will say that makes me a bandwagon fan but let me clarify and say that has nothing to do with it. This isn’t about winning or losing. This is about me disliking Mac Jones that much. I can deal with bad QB play. I can’t deal with complete ineptness on every level. If Mac was just a bad QB then fine whatever but he isn’t just bad, he’s terrible. However, it goes deeper than that. He’s always pouting on the sidelines and this team continues to start, pull and start the guy again. The coaching is dysfunctional too. I want this this to gain a foundation and regain some pride. Losing seasons are okay. We saw a lot of glory but please at least have some pride and a foundation. There is none as long as Mac Jones is here.

This doesn’t even go into depth about Mac Jones other problems. Bad QB play aside. Pouting aside. Mac also has a reputation of being a dirty player. Now, who knows how deserving the title is but there is probably some validity to it on some level. He also seems like a trash talker which is fine but only if he built the respect to do so.

In conclusion? The Mac Jones era has to be finished.

If we go into 2024 with Mac Jones on our roster I might stop watching lol. I know someone will say that makes me a bandwagon fan but let me clarify and say that has nothing to do with it. This isn’t about winning or losing. This is about me disliking Mac Jones that much. I can deal with bad QB play. I can’t deal with complete ineptness on every level. If Mac was just a bad QB then fine whatever but he isn’t just bad, he’s terrible. However, it goes deeper than that. He’s always pouting on the sidelines and this team continues to start, pull and start the guy again. The coaching is dysfunctional too. I want this game to gain a foundation and regain some pride. Losing seasons are okay. We saw a lot of glory but please at least have some pride and a foundation. There is none as long as Mac Jones is here.
So if they trade him at the end of training camp (which is what I'm talking about), you're out?

Okay.

Why waste the Roster spots?? They are Rookie QB's in the 2024 Draft who are already better than both I want us to move on Mac is not worth what he's getting.

Why waste the Roster spots?? They are Rookie QB's in the 2024 Draft who are already better than both I want us to move on Mac is not worth what he's getting.
How are you going to know he's better until they see him at practice? They kept Cam around even though they knew he couldn't throw.

Mac still has a year left on his rookie deal. Zappe has two. They're going to hold onto those "assets" and trade them at the end of camp.

How are you going to know he's better until they see him at practice? They kept Cam around even though they knew he couldn't throw.

Mac still has a year left on his rookie deal. Zappe has two. They're going to hold onto those "assets" and trade them at the end of camp.
C'mon arch: you think it's really that hard to find the next Purdy or Howell?? We just need a guy to be competent which neither Mac or Zappe is. I would Trade for Stiddy or Drew Lock in Seattle. Both are worlds better than what we currently have.

Maybe another reason why Mac seems so bad that nobody talks about as often is he came immediately after Tom Brady, ignoring that one Cam Newton year. It isn’t fair comparing him to Brady so realize I’m not. I understand he was never going to be as good as Tom Brady, but damn the issues with this team and him in general are even more apparent when looking back years ago. The lack of leadership imo is one of the biggest problems with this team. At least with Cam, it seemed like players wanted to play with him and he had leadership attributes. With Mac, it’s just failing grades across the board. Terrible QB play, pouting and last game there was a moment that really stood out to me. I can’t remember who it was but Mac Jones literally overthrew one of his receivers and immediately seemingly blamed the receiver. I’m not a big X’s and O’s guy so I’ll concede that it’s plausible that the guy ran the wrong route, but from someone watching at home it wasn’t really a good look. To me, it seemed like a bad pass from Mac Jones and I don’t think he is in any position to blame anybody else on the team. If he had some respect to his name and you could rely on him, sure. However, I don’t know if his teammates even want him on the team anymore. I heard also that Juju threw his helmet on the sideline and was visibly angry. I think this team’s morale “could” but wavering. This last part is an me guessing but I guarantee there is some truth to it.

Maybe another reason why Mac seems so bad that nobody talks about as often is he came immediately after Tom Brady, ignoring that one Cam Newton year.
You can't ignore the Cam year. Mac replaced Cam Newton, not Tom Brady. Them's the facts.

You can't ignore the Cam year. Mac replaced Cam Newton, not Tom Brady. Them's the facts.
Sure, but I think people still rightfully or wrongfully compare Mac to Brady on some level. It’s probably not fair but I think it makes the issues more noticeable because we’ve seen good QB play, but also good leadership and and a unit play as a team with good coaching. It seems like all of that has been flipped and we are in a bizarro world right now. Especially since it’s the same coach.

I guess it depends on the OL and receivers. But usually QB's picked high start immediately. Especially compared to decades ago.

What's the plan with the rookie QB in 2024? Assuming NEP draft that guy.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back