PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone nervous about the Giants next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not nervous.

Our team will get things together and bounce back, I just know it. We are at home, coming off a loss against a team who we feel took our 4th trophy. I say we smash those overgrown smurfs!

There is no chance we lose next week. You read it here first.

The Patriots should beat the Giants next week, because the Giants aren't really designed in such a way that they should be able to force the Patriots into the kind of defense they tried yesterday. As long as the O-line can keep Brady somewhat clean, the Patriots should win.

Unfortunately, that means that the homers will come out and start insisting that all is well, the ship's been fixed, and the Super Bowl is a fait accompli.

Anyone who says they're not is delusional.

I've seen most Giants games this year, and they, too, are a highly flawed team.

They are certainly capable of beating the Pats, but the Pats are a much better team, imo.

there's a reason why teams are like 4-10 after the bye week this year.

8-10 actually.

Are you kidding me? Eli Manning could throw for 400 yards against this pass defense.

So did Henne, does that make him elite?

I'm still confident that someone, somewhere will light a fire under some ass this week and we come to play Sunday. This is the year for us to have our streaks broken, (no int streak, loss to Buff, loss to Pitt, loss after bye) so losing two in a row and losing at home are both streaks that would be busted next week. This causes the supersticious (sp?) part of me to be concerned. Not only that, but I think this there is parody in the NFL like never before. I mean, the Saints got fracking worked, WORKED, by the Rams.
ANY
GIVEN
Thursday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday-if-it-snows-out
All that said, I think we win by 2 scores against the Giants.

Ill take the home winning streak being snapped if the snapped home postseason losing streak comes with it.

The Patriots should beat the Giants next week, because the Giants aren't really designed in such a way that they should be able to force the Patriots into the kind of defense they tried yesterday. As long as the O-line can keep Brady somewhat clean, the Patriots should win.

Unfortunately, that means that the homers will come out and start insisting that all is well, the ship's been fixed, and the Super Bowl is a fait accompli.

the homers are no different than the "doom and gloomers" who act like the sky is falling...theres posters saying beating the cowboys was no big deal

the pats are actually probably somewhere in between the two opinions

8-10 actually.

So did Henne, does that make him elite?

I'm still confident that someone, somewhere will light a fire under some ass this week and we come to play Sunday. This is the year for us to have our streaks broken, (no int streak, loss to Buff, loss to Pitt, loss after bye) so losing two in a row and losing at home are both streaks that would be busted next week. This causes the supersticious (sp?) part of me to be concerned. Not only that, but I think this there is parody in the NFL like never before. I mean, the Saints got fracking worked, WORKED, by the Rams.
ANY
GIVEN
Thursday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday-if-it-snows-out
All that said, I think we win by 2 scores against the Giants.

Lol i meant coming into this week. But of thos 8 teams that won after the bye week, im curious as to how many of the, struggled to pull out a win.

How can you not be? Every QB throws 300+ yards against the pats. Yes, Eli is no Peyton but he is still pretty good anyway. I expect a shootout and it will be one of the games where whoever has the ball last wins.

I *want* the Giants to adopt the Steelers gameplan because I want the Pats to work at beating it. I want *every* opponent doing this going forward. I want the Pats battle-hardened come January when they'll be sure to face this "blueprint".

Regards,
Chris

I *want* the Giants to adopt the Steelers gameplan because I want the Pats to work at beating it. I want *every* opponent doing this going forward. I want the Pats battle-hardened come January when they'll be sure to face this "blueprint".

Regards,
Chris

Good in theory but there are legit concerns that the exploitable flaws are built in to the team itself, the current players, their capabilities and lack of same. Fortunately few teams are constructed adequately to implement the anti-Pats game plan but the bad news is that they are several (but not all) of the playoff level teams.

As someone who lives in the NY Metro area and watches all their games, I don't love the match up. The biggest Giants issue this year has been running the ball. TC is incredibly hard headed and tried to force the ball down Dolphins throat all day yesterday to the point where fans were booing every time Jacobs touched the ball.

Even TC has to realize that there is no need to establish the run against this defense and Eli can play that dink and dunk game down the field. On the other side, they finally have that DL healthy for really the first time all year. The Dolphins couldn't block JPP, Tuck, Osi, etc. in the 4th quarter.

The offensive line will really need to step up because their should be opportunities down he field if they can protect.

Good in theory but there are legit concerns that the exploitable flaws are built in to the team itself, the current players, their capabilities and lack of same. Fortunately few teams are constructed adequately to implement the anti-Pats game plan but the bad news is that they are several (but not all) of the playoff level teams.

Good. Then let's find out now where this team truly stands.

The one thing I'm expecting to see going forward: How the Pats create separation for their receivers who are seeing man underneath coverage. A lot more motion? Lots of "rub" plays? Getting the RBs more involved in the passing game?

Regards,
Chris

a little, but the patriots play today was indicative of a team that hasn't played a game in 2 weeks. add to that the 5 day break the players are required to get after a bye week, and then you get what we saw today.

so we win = BB a genious after bye.

we lose= so many rest...

Agreed- if there's bright news coming out of yesterday's game, is that there aren't very many Mike Wallace's in the NFL. Without an elite deep threat, the gameplan that the Steelers used won't work. At least it won't work to the "four first downs to the TE on the first drive" extent.

so we win = BB a genious after bye.

we lose= so many rest...

I dunno, that 5 day thing does seem to be a killer. It's new this year, so nobody knew what kind of effect it would have, but the track record for teams coming off of their byes so far hasn't been good. Looks like we just got unfortunate, having to play a really good team coming off of ours.

But hey, at least we didn't go 1-2 against the Bucs, Colts, and Rams.

Last edited:
The Giants defensive line should have a field day. This offensive line can't protect Brady against above average/good defensive lines.

Matt Light is as mediocre as ever. Logan Mankins is overrated and overpaid. Connolly should not be a starter. Waters is above average at best. Vollmer is injury-prone and has clearly regressed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News