PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this what the Young people want? Kelce bumps Reid.

Didn't Kelce say one time that Pats fans hate him because he's a white TE wearing #87 or something like that?

Lol
Unlike our real #87 tight end, he never quit and pulled a “no mas” I refer you to Super Bowl LV

100%...

iu

I agree the situations are different.

My points are simple ones.

1) Belichick would have benched Gronk, and we would have been more likely to lose the game.

2) Kelce's actions were clearly wrong. The reaction of the players, QB and coach were to understand his actions and to be more focused after the event.
===================
With regard to Welker, Butler and so many others, Belichick had his system. It worked for 20 years, even though it seems that it could have worked better in these instances and in some others where starters were didn't start because of minor offenses. So, with Belichick, obviously the good of his system of discipline outweighed the bad and think it unreasonable to look back and criticize.

We still have awhile to continue to criticize Belichick's 2nd stint, the rebuilding one over the last 4 years. And, then, we need to even move on from that, only remembering the greatest franchise, coach and QB, all time over the 20 years.
==============
AN ASIDE
Reid's system of treating players works for him. He does indeed treat Mahomes and Kelce differently, and allows confrontations, although obviously this was extreme. I'm sure that Reid, Mahomes and Kelce will have a hearty laugh about this. And I don't think anything will change as they challenge NFL history with their potential threepeat.
I know Gronk had his issue vs Buff where he couldn't keep his emotions in check but that's player on player and more common. Id like to think that Bill's focus on discipline would make it less likely to happen to him in the first place. And obviously has impacts on other areas too. Now wether that outweighs the few times he had to bench someone over this sort of stuff is certainly debatable. Those were some high stakes moments.

We're also assuming he would bench the player and it's not a crazy assumption but I think he's also capable of recognizing the emotions of the game and I think it's not a guarantee. So let's not get anyone in trouble for hypotheticals.

This from two future 1st ballot HOFers:

Patsfans again sound like ridiculous pearl-clutchers.

This from two future 1st ballot HOFers:

Patsfans again sound like ridiculous pearl-clutchers.

Might be overblown but it's not a patsfans thing it's being discussed all over.

Do you think Bill would have done anything?

The young people have wants! They have wanted this for a long time now. Give the young people their wants !

Last edited:

Say what you want about BB, no way someone dire do such a thing regardless of your star power. I am so disgusted by it. There is no excuse to react like that to anyone let alone your head coach. You can’t supervise your friends.

GE91PabXgAAgD6i.jpg

Looking back makes me feel like that way overused Antonio Banderas gif.

Say what you want about BB, no way someone dire do such a thing regardless of your star power. I am so disgusted by it. There is no excuse to react like that to anyone let alone your head coach. You can’t supervise your friends.

They encourage that sorta thing there:

That's a heck of a comp.

And just good fun to watch again.

In fairness to Pedro Zimmer was the instigator.
C'mon - he wanted a hug. Plus he's a Red Sox Manager, which it makes it even more egregious!

*he's = he was

Taylor should leave him this guy is a domestic dispute waiting to happen

:whistle:

I'm fine with him yelling, getting fired up, etc. But bumping Reid like that was just way too far. I honestly can't even recall the last time I saw a player do that to their coach...been sitting here a while actually wondering that, and I can't recall the last time I've ever seen that happen.
Been watching the NFL/AFL since 1960.
Can't ever recall seeing that. And yeah, I have a strong memory. Now, where was I?

Another reason why Gronk was/is clearly superior as a player
Agreed. Gronk played the Party Boy persona well (but in a happy-go-lucky way). But, when it came down to playing ball, he was a nightmare for even the best opposing defenses. Kelce couldn't carry Gronk's jock strap as a player! Gronk was the ever so rare "Complete Package" as a TE. He dominated as both a receiver and a blocker.

Might be overblown but it's not a patsfans thing it's being discussed all over.

Do you think Bill would have done anything?
Bill would've benched the best O skill player on the team for the entire second half, lost the SB, and been praised by Team Bill for setting the right tone and maintaining team discipline. We've seen it before. Could've had a 3-peat.

Lol, nobody is saying coaches can't discipline players. You guys are dense.

Lol, nobody is saying coaches can't discipline players. You guys are dense.
what exactly does the buzzphrase "relating well to today's players" mean in your opinion?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back