PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Favre willing to play for Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Drew Brees and Tony Romo were better than Favre last year.

Yes, Brees' first month of the season was horrible (1 TD and 9 INTs for 929 yards), but his last 14 games were spectacular (27 TDs and 9 INTs for 3494 yards). Even with the slow start, he was second in yards (ahead of Favre), 6th in TDs (tied with Favre), 2nd in passes for 1st down, and 3rd in completion percentage. If Brees didn't have a slow start, he would be the clear cut second best QB in the NFL last year. Even with the slow start, you can make a strong argument he was the best QB last year not named Tom Brady.

So you believe that we should start Clemens in 08. Well what if he sucks b/c he has shown nothing. Doesnt that set the franchise back two years as well? Doesnt starting Chad Pennington set the franchise back then to? What if we traded for Brett then took a QB in next years daft to learn under Favre for a year. How is the franchise set back? Only a homer would spin the Jets getting Favre as a negative. We have one of the worse QB situation in the NFL.

I think that you exaggerate just how bad the Jets QB situation is. Chicago, Green Bay, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Miami, Kansas City, and Baltimore all have worse QB situations than the Jets.

Unless the Jets TOTALLY TANKED with Favre, they'd be looking at the 3rd round before they could draft a QB in 2009. Why do I say the 3rd round pick? Because I don't believe that one of the Top QBs would still be available when the Jets drafted in the 1st round. They wouldn't have a 2nd round pick because it would have been traded to Green Bay. So, the Jets would be looking at the middle of the 3rd round at the earliest for a QB. Unless they made a trade for someone else.. But then, that is diluting the team.

You really need to think out all the ramifications better.

Look at Chad's pic 6's last year. Under 5 minutes versus Giants fourth quarter down one score. Under 2 minutes versus Bengals fourth quarter down one score, versus Buffalo he throws a late pic. Week after week CP threw backbreaking pics. You show me Brett Favre's stats but you leave out the most important one, W's. You also have to take into consideration that if the Jets are down by more then 8 with under 5 minutes to go the game is over b/c Pennington is too limited to bring them back from two scores with that little time.

Pretty amazing how you blame all the picks that Pennington threw late in the game on Pennington and not on his receivers. Or the O-line. You do know that they can have just as much blame on Pennington throwing a pick as Pennington does, right? I mean, if the receiver runs the wrong route and its a timing route, then how is that Pennington's fault? If the O-line lets the pressure get to Pennington and he isn't able to step into his throw properly or they allow the D-line to obstruct his view, how is that Pennington's fault? Or if the receiver just doesn't go up for the ball...

Sorry, but you put too much blame on Pennington and not enough on the troubles of the rest of the team. I mean, I know Pennington is noodle arm, but he was the one who got the Jets into the Play-offs last. Not Clemens. And well, you're hoping that Farve could do it... Even though Favre hasn't been involved in an off-season training program and is months behind Pennington and Clemens.

Seriously do you not believe Favre over Pennington is a major upgrade. Give me all the he has to learn the playbook excuses, gunslinger, bad 05 and 06, all that into the equation and were still talking about a borderline top 5 QB and Chad frickin Pennington[/quote]

Last year, out of the group selected by Dhamz? Brett Favre, by a landslide. But, to be fair, I'd have taken Favre over Garrard because of the experience factor as much as anything else.

Favre
Garrard
Manning
Romo
Hasselbeck

Manning, Romo and Hasselbeck are all every bit as capable of throwing a fatal pick as Favre, and Favre is more willing to take the risks needed to win than any of them.

Wow, Really? In my opinion, Farve's a nut case under presure, simliar to Peyton - But I'd take Peyton over Farve any day.

After that, you gotta go with Garrard based on his Int/TD ratio, I mean that's banana's - Almost a no brainer.

Then probably Palmer, Rivers, Farve, Bree's, Hasselbeck and no chance on Romo.

Ok, ok, ok. Think about the Pack on paper vs. the Jets on paper this year. Favre COULD be a difference maker.I'm all for him entering our division this year because if he helps the Jets out, we can see some real games against those guys.

I believe in our team and coaches. Our division is weak, let's beef it up a bit and not see our only REAL games as SD and INDY.

You can talk about Favre 2005 vs Favre 2007, but you'd BETTER factor in Favre 2008 with a chip on his shoulder.

A 2008 Brett Favre who hasn't participate in an off-season work-out has a chip on his shoulder? A Brett Favre who is so arrogant and egotistical that he figured that he could just waltz back into Green Bay after walking out on the team and filing his retirement papers? Brett Favre who had a 20 million marketing job offer from the team that gave him a shot and he told them to shove it has a chip on his shoulder? A Brett Favre who was solely responsible for Green Bay's last two play-off losses has a chip on his shoulder? Sorry, if Brett Favre has a "chip on his shoulder" he's even more arrogant than I imagined. And, forgive me if I laugh at the idea that Favre gets motivated by some perceived slight against him.

I really hope that Green Bay puts Favre on the Reserve/Left Camp List. And then denies him the right to talk to any teams or makes their asking price such that no one wants to pay unless they are utterly desperate.

Game is on the line and you have 2 min to win or loose and your team has the ball - Aside from Brady, who do you want to have the ball?

Not Favre. Just look at the last two play-offs that Green Bay was in.

I'd take Manning or even (dare I say this) Big Ben.

so if the jets land favre they will do what? finish only 6 games behind the patriots?

Please let this happen.

Favre, through the picks the Jets give up plus his crappy play and high salary, will destroy the Jets franchise for the next 5 years.

Wow, Really? In my opinion, Farve's a nut case under presure, simliar to Peyton - But I'd take Peyton over Farve any day.

After that, you gotta go with Garrard based on his Int/TD ratio, I mean that's banana's - Almost a no brainer.

Then probably Palmer, Rivers, Farve, Bree's, Hasselbeck and no chance on Romo.

Favre:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00_playoffs.htm

Manning:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00_playoffs.htm

We just disagree

What has Favre done in the Play-offs in the last 3 times they went. I know for a fact that against Philly and against the Giants it was a late Favre interception that ended Green Bay's chances. And his 4 picks thrown against Minnesota sure as hell didn't help Green Bay.

Sorry, but Favre was done after all the concussions in 2005. He should have hung them up then.

Favre playing for the Jets means we could set a Patriots interceptions record this year ... yahoo.

What has Favre done in the Play-offs in the last 3 times they went. I know for a fact that against Philly and against the Giants it was a late Favre interception that ended Green Bay's chances. And his 4 picks thrown against Minnesota sure as hell didn't help Green Bay.

Sorry, but Favre was done after all the concussions in 2005. He should have hung them up then.

Well, let's see.... He took his 10-6 team to the playoffs in 2003 and lost to a 12-4 team by a score of 20-17. That was an Eagles team in the midst of its Conference Championship "dynasty". Favre threw for 2 TDs and one INT.

The next season, he had a terrible game against the Vikings, losing to that 8-8 team with his 10-6 Packers and throwing picks like they were free candy.

This year, he went 1-1, and played well enough in the loss to take the eventual Super Bowl champions to overtime, which is more than Brady and the Patriots can say.

As I stated, I'll take Favre. As for your "done" argument, you must have slept through all the Packers games this past season.

Last edited:
Game is on the line and you have 2 min to win or loose and your team has the ball - Aside from Brady, who do you want to have the ball?

If I'm on defense, Favre.

You can argue whether Favre was 2, 3, 4, 5 whatever. Fine. Chad Pennington was about 25.

By the way, say this happens. Pats @ Jets week 2 is Favre's first home game. That would be interesting.

Last edited:
It sets the Jets back because they aren't talking about 1 draft pick for him. They are talking about 2. And the Jets need all the help they can get, youth wise.

Do you feel a 3rd and 5th would be devastatting to a franchise with extra mid rounders? Think about this for a sec, if we traded a 4th for him we ultimately traded Pete Kendall for Brett Favre:D

Anything not involving a 1st or 2nd is in no way a set back to the franchise

Pretty amazing how you blame all the picks that Pennington threw late in the game on Pennington and not on his receivers. Or the O-line. You do know that they can have just as much blame on Pennington throwing a pick as Pennington does, right? I mean, if the receiver runs the wrong route and its a timing route, then how is that Pennington's fault? If the O-line lets the pressure get to Pennington and he isn't able to step into his throw properly or they allow the D-line to obstruct his view, how is that Pennington's fault? Or if the receiver just doesn't go up for the ball...

Sorry, but you put too much blame on Pennington and not enough on the troubles of the rest of the team. I mean, I know Pennington is noodle arm, but he was the one who got the Jets into the Play-offs last. Not Clemens. And well, you're hoping that Farve could do it... Even though Favre hasn't been involved in an off-season training program and is months behind Pennington and Clemens.

Seriously do you not believe Favre over Pennington is a major upgrade. Give me all the he has to learn the playbook excuses, gunslinger, bad 05 and 06, all that into the equation and were still talking about a borderline top 5 QB and Chad frickin Pennington
[/QUOTE]

go back watch the picks and you will see why he is to blame. Football is a team sport but when you hrow back breaking picks week in and week out, thats not Coles, Cotchery, the 0-lines or Mangin's fault. Thats all on CP. Several picks last year he had a perfect pocket and he just made stupid mistakes. He was mediocre in 06, garbage last year and im done with the 32 year old scrub

Last edited:
Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

With Favre slated to be traded to either the Jets or Buccaneers, Peter King of SI.com reports that he has heard reliably that the Jets are offering the Packers a third-round draft pick that could rise to a first-round pick depending on the team’s performance and how well Favre plays. Per King, the Buccaneers would definitely not offer that kind of a package for Favre.

That meshes with the previous report from Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, who said the Jets were making the Packers a much better offer than the Buccaneers were, but that Favre hadn’t warmed up to the possibility of playing in New York.

Go for it Jets...

Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick(Report)

i wouldnt like the jets to get him..he really will upgrade their offense. and with their offseason additions , their team could be a contender.

Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick(Report)

i wouldnt like the jets to get him..he really will upgrade their offense. and with their offseason additions , their team could be a contender.

Yup I agree, they could contend for the wildcard spot at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News