PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Favre willing to play for Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick

this maybe funny but packers were one of the first team to corroborate with the jets when the video taping story broke that the pats did it in the GB game also. Now their franchise is in a bad situation. Cant say its a payback or something but it isnt all that sad to see this ...

this maybe funny but packers were one of the first team to corroborate with the jets when the video taping story broke that the pats did it in the GB game also. Now their franchise is in a bad situation. Cant say its a payback or something but it isnt all that sad to see this ...

Ah, good ole Karma...

Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick(Report)

That's the key...Hypothetically, if the 1 is "win the Super Bowl" then guess what, it's worth it. It's like the Gholston contract. You can scream 50 million what a joke all you want. But if the only way he sees that money is if "he plays like Lawrence Taylor and the Jets make 5 straight Super Bowls" as was reported it's not that big a deal.

Favre makes the Jets at worst a wild card contender. Though I agree with those that say if the Jets get Favre and subsequently miss the playoffs that might be it for Mangini.

I don't think the Jets would make the trade unless they knew from Favre they would get two years out of him. At least that's what was reported earlier, and I would agree with that thinking. It would make little sense as a one-year thing. First off it's unlikely the Jets, with Favre, could make the Super Bowl anyway. And then next year you're left in the same spot looking for a QB. If they had the QB they wanted now they wouldn't get Favre.

So I think the Jets are thinking...Favre has two good years left in him. That may or may not be true, we might well find out.

"Favre makes the Jets at worst a wild card contender"

Joe....could not DISAGREE more......Fav-ra had a decent year last year....because the coaches forced him into a very CONSERVATIVE offensive scheme........The past 3-4 years before last year.....Favre played like crap and the gunslinging thing was getting old.......He will have to learn a WHOLE new offense in NY.......He will need to deal with the vicious NY fans when he throws yet another INT and has the mediots calling for his head.......I think the LAST place where he would be successful after destroying his legacy in GB......is the sewer of NY........

"Favre makes the Jets at worst a wild card contender"

Joe....could not DISAGREE more......Fav-ra had a decent year last year....because the coaches forced him into a very CONSERVATIVE offensive scheme........The past 3-4 years before last year....Favre played like crap and the gunslinging thing was getting old.......He will have to learn a WHOLE new offense in NY.......He will need to deal with the vicious NY fans when he throws yet another INT and has the mediots calling for his head.......I think the LAST place where he would be successful after destroying his legacy in GB......is the sewer of NY........

Why does everyone keep saying this ignorant comment, the year before the 2 bad ones he threw 32 TD's and 21 INT's 64 % and 27 TD's and 16 INT's 65 % respectively. Both years the Pack made the playoffs I believe. Those two bad years saw the Packers take away his 2 guards, center and # 2 WR

Last edited:

Part of me hopes the Jets don't get him... because F those miserable a-holes, let them wallow in their sucktitude for all of eternity... crush their hopes before hope can ever rise.

Part of me hopes the Jets get him... because F those miserable a-holes, let them get their hopes up sky high and it will be all the more fun to watch our Patriots destroy their newly heightened hopes and dreams. That, and it will teach Favre a lesson for pulling this crap...

He clearly better than Pennington, but I don't think he will be a top QB no matter where he goes this season. I think he was so good last year in large part because his familiarity with his receivers and the system. Favre was still the same QB who who three 29 INTs in 2005 and only had 18 TDs in 2006.

I think the fact that Favre is going to a system he is unfamiliar with and receivers he has no continuity with other than Franks, he is going to have a very difficult time to be remotely as good as he was last year. He has a month to get up to speed with the offense and get a raporte with the receivers and training camp is basically over.

Without Farve, I think the Jets are a 6-9 win team probably ending with 7-8 wins. With Farve, they are a 7-10 win team probably ending with 8-9 wins. I just don't see the Jets as that good with or without Favre. I see them as a middle of the pack team either way. It will just affect where in that pack they reside.

I still give Buffalo a better chance of challenging for the division and a playoff spot than the Jets even with Favre in the equation. In fact, the Bills are a strong playoff contender in my book.

Fair enough, I could see the things you forecasted playing a huge role

Whoever gets him doesn't just give up a pick (probably not the biggest of deals). They also give up a LOT of cash that could be spent on other players (probably pulling it in from future years).

Or so I assume. What's Favre's new money figure, as opposed to full GB cap hit?

Please Lord, I don't ask for much; make this happen. Jets fans will be dancing in the streets over this and the thought of "The gunslinger" vs the Patriots twice next year, that is if he survives the first game, would be fun beyond belief.

Anything to make Jets fans think they have a shot, only to see thier hopes flushed down the toilet, how sweet it would be, the 39 years of torture continues into the big 40..............

:yeahthat: Dittto! BB will carve him up like an Easter ham.

Last edited:

A couple of things to consider from some of the previous posts in this thread.

The team that gets Favre gets almost no off-field benefits. Jets and Bucs games are already sold out, so he's not going to put more people in the stands, with the exception of a few no-shows. And I keep reading and hearing about jersey sales, but again that is irrelevant. That money is divvied up through NFL licensing - the Lions and Cardinals make exactly the same amount off a Favre jersey as the new team, just like TV revenue.

Favre has played his whole career in a west coast offense, so he would have an easier time adapting to Tampa Bay than New York. Adapting to a new playbook, new terminology, new surroundings, new offensive line, and new running backs and receivers should not be under estimated given the late date. While other quarterbacks have gone to the super bowl with a new team, they had the benefit of an entire off season of minicamps and time to learn a new system. I would expect a lot of improvisation from Favre this year, which will surely make some highlight reels, but will also result in untimely turnovers.

Let Favre go to the Jets. Please. They'll not only have to clear cap space, which will hurt them this year and next - Favre is due to make $12 mil, the Jets are $8 mil under - but they will also lose one or two draft picks next year. And then, after the season is over, Tannenbaum and Mangini will be held accountable for all of the off-season free agent spending that resulted in another losing season. Which will result in not only their firing, but yet another rebuilding process as the franchise is set back three years one more time.

Breaking news on espn: Favre traded to jets

Those two bad years saw the Packers take away his 2 guards, center and # 2 WR
Agree that Farve sucks unless ALL ten other offensive players are pro-bowl quality.

When everything is perfect, Farve got teams into the playoffs, then tanked no matter who was around him.

Not liking to quote Felger, but in the last SEVEN years, Favre is 3-8 in the playoffs, threw more picks than TDs, and in two OT playoff games, his first pass was a pick that cost his team the game.

You sound like the Doofin fans who tried to convince us how good Culpepper was.

Hopefully, you'll find out how bad Favre is. I really hope the Jests get him. Unfortunately, it looks like it will only cost you a 3rd round pick, as a higher pickis based on performance.

Agree that Farve sucks unless ALL ten other offensive players are pro-bowl quality.

When everything is perfect, Farve got teams into the playoffs, then tanked no matter who was around him.

Not liking to quote Felger, but in the last SEVEN years, Favre is 3-8 in the playoffs, threw more picks than TDs, and in two OT playoff games, his first pass was a pick that cost his team the game.

You sound like the Doofin fans who tried to convince us how good Culpepper was.

Hopefully, you'll find out how bad Favre is. I really hope the Jests get him. Unfortunately, it looks like it will only cost you a 3rd round pick, as a higher pickis based on performance.

The Patriots lost one interior lineman in the Super Bowl and lost the game, with Brady looking bad in the process. The one thing QBs cannot make up for is pressure up the middle. This needless bagging on Favre is just silly.

Last edited:
Well, let's see.... He took his 10-6 team to the playoffs in 2003 and lost to a 12-4 team by a score of 20-17. That was an Eagles team in the midst of its Conference Championship "dynasty". Favre threw for 2 TDs and one INT.

And that ONE Int just happened to be on a drive that could have WON the Packers the game. LOVE how you just GLOSS that over.

The next season, he had a terrible game against the Vikings, losing to that 8-8 team with his 10-6 Packers and throwing picks like they were free candy.

This year, he went 1-1, and played well enough in the loss to take the eventual Super Bowl champions to overtime, which is more than Brady and the Patriots can say.

The game the PACKERS (NOT LORD "I'm over-rated Favre) won, was won as TEAM. You might have actually have tried watching the game so you'd know what you were talking about.

Favre played well enough to be the person SOLELY responsible for losing the game against the Giants. You might want to check out who threw the interception in over-time on a 2nd and 8 when he threw the interception to Corey Webster. And it wasn't like Webster actually had to TRY hard to make the interception.

As I stated, I'll take Favre. As for your "done" argument, you must have slept through all the Packers games this past season.

I watched Ryan Grant carry that team just as much as Brett Favre. But you've never let a good fact get in the way of your own diatribes. So, while you take Brett "I can't handle the pressure anymore" Favre, I'd rather take someone like Manning or Roethslingberger who have actually stepped up RECENTLY when their teams needed them. Unlike FAVRE who folded under pressure the last 3 times.

go back watch the picks and you will see why he is to blame. Football is a team sport but when you hrow back breaking picks week in and week out, thats not Coles, Cotchery, the 0-lines or Mangin's fault. Thats all on CP. Several picks last year he had a perfect pocket and he just made stupid mistakes. He was mediocre in 06, garbage last year and im done with the 32 year old scrub[/quote]

Yes, it IS COLES and COTCHERY and the O-LINE. Jesus. You and said it yourself. And please stop the BS about having a perfect pocket. That never happened last year for Pennington or Clemens.

As for who YOU are done with. You're "done" with a 32 year old scrub, but you'll take a 38 (soon to be 39) year old QB who has been solely responsible for his team's play-off exit the last 3 times they went?

And the only reason they made it last year was because Ryan Grant stepped up and resurrected their running game.

go back watch the picks and you will see why he is to blame. Football is a team sport but when you hrow back breaking picks week in and week out, thats not Coles, Cotchery, the 0-lines or Mangin's fault. Thats all on CP. Several picks last year he had a perfect pocket and he just made stupid mistakes. He was mediocre in 06, garbage last year and im done with the 32 year old scrub

The only people who defend Chad are out of whack Jets fans and rival fans. He has been an injury prone scrub for nearly 4 yrs now. Favre was a top 5 QB last year and 5 of the last 7 years he has been a top ten QB.

Blame the o-line, blame the wr's, blame the vendors, just dont blame CP b/c he cant be him throwning back breaking pics every week

Last edited:
And that ONE Int just happened to be on a drive that could have WON the Packers the game. LOVE how you just GLOSS that over.

Oh, lord, here you go again. He took the inferior team into the game. He played fairly well, but fell short. You, and the rest of the people who can't be objective enough to see talent anywhere but in New England, like to overlook simple facts like that. Brady lost in the Super Bowl. Brady lost in the AFCCG last year. In both games, he was quarterbacking the better team against a lesser opponent and lost, and in both games, his struggles were a huge part of the problem. Using the logic you're tossing out there, New England should cut him right now.

The game the PACKERS (NOT LORD "I'm over-rated Favre) won, was won as TEAM. You might have actually have tried watching the game so you'd know what you were talking about.

Favre played well enough to be the person SOLELY responsible for losing the game against the Giants. You might want to check out who threw the interception in over-time on a 2nd and 8 when he threw the interception to Corey Webster. And it wasn't like Webster actually had to TRY hard to make the interception.

More idiocy. When the team wins, it's a team win. When the team loses, it's all Brett's fault. Truly genius, really.

I watched Ryan Grant carry that team just as much as Brett Favre. But you've never let a good fact get in the way of your own diatribes. So, while you take Brett "I can't handle the pressure anymore" Favre, I'd rather take someone like Manning or Roethslingberger who have actually stepped up RECENTLY when their teams needed them. Unlike FAVRE who folded under pressure the last 3 times.

Actually, Manning has done plenty of folding, even recently. The only game he's actually stepped up was the AFCCG, when half the Patriots defense was on the sidelines. Great job pointing to the quarterback who may be the biggest choke artist in the modern era as your example. Or are you forgetting the pick that Peyton "got a bolt stuck in my throat" Manning tossed In the playoff game against the Steelers that was called an incomplete? Talk about glossing over...... Even with the help of the officials giving him the proverbial Heimlich, he couldn't pull out the win against a wild card team.

Last edited:

This is great, I can't wait to watch the Pats biatch slap Favre twice a year.

Wow, I wonder what the requirements are for the pick to become a 1st? The Jets must feel as if they have a chance to win it all this year. I'm somewhat torn on whether or not I want to see him on the Jets. while I think Favre is overrated, he's still one of the premier QB's of alltime. He's an absolute upgrade over anything they have now. His aquisition could make the Jets a tough play this season, which means a potential split in the two games. While a split isn't the death of us, it could be the difference in obtaining a 1st round bye. With the Pats having an early bye (Week 4 I believe), and two back to back west coast trips, every win will be critical, as the Pats may be vulnerable to playing some let down games. All that travel will add up on some of the older bodies. This is the negative to the Jets obtaining Favre. The benefit would be that the Jets would be giving up a 1st day pick for a guy that BB should be able to pick apart. That 1 year rental will cost the Jets a valuable pick/future player moving forward. I think I'd prefer to see him in Tampa, all things considered.

HAHAHAHAHHA it's official. This should be hilarious. Favre is one of the greats, but this is past the twilight of his career. Can't wait to see the Pats D pick him apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back