PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Favre willing to play for Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Super Bowl? I guess anything can happen especially after the Giants won it last year. I still don't think they are a playoff team with or without Favre.

And seriously, say Favre is traded today to the Jets. How long is it going to take to acclimated to the Jets' offense? Say he still is really as good as he played last year and it wasn't just a perfect storm of everything going right, you gotta assume he is going to struggle with the offense for the first month of the season. Are the Jets really good enough to weather that month and not put themselves in a hole until Favre has mastered the offense and get acclimated with his receivers? Has a QB ever stepped in to a starting position for a new team in August after training camp is pretty much over and been effective right off the bat?

I think Favre has a better shot at being effective right off the bat with Tampa because of his familiarity of Gruden and his offense. But I would expect him to struggle there too at least at times.

I'd be thrilled if every single team the Patriots played this season were missing their top 10 players

What's the point of beating a team when their top ten players are hurt?

Why not play high school teams and then say, "We're the greatest!"

If you want to be the best, you must beat the best.

That's why hte Gints deserve their accolades. They beat the best.

Our early superbowl seasons were so great because we beat the greatest team on turf, we beat in consequtive games, teh two co-MVP quaterbacks (McNair and Manning), and we held the greatest offense int he league to 3 points and hung 41 on hte greatest defense.

You're kidding, right?
This is the saddest exchange I've seen in a long time.

No, I'm not kidding. I think that to be the best you have to beat the best.

You can only play the teams on your schedule with the players they have, but victory is sweeter if those teams are full strength. Beating the Colts when they don't have Manning, Wayne, Clark, Sanders, Freeny, Harrison, etc etc isn't the same to me.

Saying it is better to play the Colts when they are without their top players is just an admission that you think the Pats aren't good enough to win otherwise.

That makes two! I'm more than willing to have him play for the Jets. Can you imagine the damage he will do to the Jets both short and long term? It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.:rocker:

Ya know, I did not even think about the draft damage that he could do to the Jets - But you are right!!!

I'm for it!

Ok, ok, ok. Think about the Pack on paper vs. the Jets on paper this year. Favre COULD be a difference maker.I'm all for him entering our division this year because if he helps the Jets out, we can see some real games against those guys.

I believe in our team and coaches. Our division is weak, let's beef it up a bit and not see our only REAL games as SD and INDY.

You can talk about Favre 2005 vs Favre 2007, but you'd BETTER factor in Favre 2008 with a chip on his shoulder.

You can only play the teams on your schedule with the players they have, but victory is sweeter if those teams are full strength. Beating the Colts when they don't have Manning, Wayne, Clark, Sanders, Freeny, Harrison, etc etc isn't the same to me.

Saying it is better to play the Colts when they are without their top players is just an admission that you think the Pats aren't good enough to win otherwise.

I agree that I want the Pats to face the best competition. Watching the Pats stomp on a bad team 35-0 is fun every once and while, but beating on the sisters of the poor gets old really quickly.

I am torn about the Jets. Part of me want them to be competitive so the Pats have more of a challenge in the AFC East, but another part of me wants them to go 0-16. I guess my hatred of Mangini and all things Jets superseeds a lot of my desire for an exciting competitive season.

I don't hear Bears players or fans constantly bemoaning the fact that they didn't play the Dolphins in the Super Bowl rather than the Patriots. I also don't hear them wishing that Len Dawson hadn't gotten injured.

I've never heard the 1994 49ers wish they'd played The Steelers, Cowboys and Vikings rather than the Bears, Cowboys and Chargers.

Are the Giants running around saying "We really wish that Neal hadn't gotten hurt, and that Brady and Hobbs were at 100%."?

And do you really think Western Conference teams would have preferred losing to the Celtics to beating the Hawks?

Last edited:
if favre goes to the jets imagine how much the Pro-Favre /Anti pats ESPN will have fun with it...

if favre goes to the jets imagine how much the Pro-Favre /Anti pats ESPN will have fun with it...

Well guarantee that Roger "Jets" Goodell will have a field day with this...

As for ESPN....forget it...they are soo lost into this that its getting rather annoying..

So you believe that we should start Clemens in 08. Well what if he sucks b/c he has shown nothing. Doesnt that set the franchise back two years as well? Doesnt starting Chad Pennington set the franchise back then to? What if we traded for Brett then took a QB in next years daft to learn under Favre for a year. How is the franchise set back? Only a homer would spin the Jets getting Favre as a negative. We have one of the worse QB situation in the NFL.

I put you ahead on MN, MIA, CHI, OAK, KC and BAL. Tied with ATL, BUF, and DET, and only slightly worse than SF.

Is Chad looking better now :)

And what happens if--as many of us suspect--a Favre-to-the-JEST trade achieves EPIC FAIL proportions? :D

Personally, I almost don't care where the #$_%& he ends up, I just want some closure on this #$@%.

And what happens if--as many of us suspect--a Favre-to-the-JEST trade achieves EPIC FAIL proportions? :D

Personally, I almost don't care where the #$_%& he ends up, I just want some closure on this #$@%.

This is the ultimate confirmation of the Madden Curse.

That is insane. Favre was excellent last year, probably the 2nd best quarterback in the league behind Brady. To say that if you put Chad Pennington on the Packers last year they only drop off a win or two is patently absurd.

He was not the 2nd best QB behind Brady last year. Just because the media says it doesn't make it true. Manning, Roethlisberger, and Romo clearly outplayed him and guys like Garrard and Hasselbeck were right there with him.

I saw Chad Pennington take a team with less talent and an equally easy schedule to 10 wins in 2006. Jeff Garcia took the Eagles to the playoffs 2 years ago and Tampa last year - neither of those teams with any more talent than GB. Green Bay's record last year had a lot more to do with their schedule than anything else. They got to play the overwhelming majority of their games versus their own terrible division and the equally terrible AFC West. They weren't suddenly going to lose game to the Detroit, Oakland, KC, portion of their schedule because Favre wasn't there.

That is insane. Favre was excellent last year, probably the 2nd best quarterback in the league behind Brady. To say that if you put Chad Pennington on the Packers last year they only drop off a win or two is patently absurd.

Joepats, come on - Seriously, 2nd behind Brady? Better than Peyton, Romo or Rivers? No way.

What Farve did was play way over his head last year. Take the last 5 years and please tell me how he can reproduce last years production.

Favre's agent is willing to have his client play for any team

whose color of money is green.

He was not the 2nd best QB behind Brady last year. Just because the media says it doesn't make it true. Manning, Roethlisberger, and Romo clearly outplayed him and guys like Garrard and Hasselbeck were right there with him.

I saw Chad Pennington take a team with less talent and an equally easy schedule to 10 wins in 2006. Jeff Garcia took the Eagles to the playoffs 2 years ago and Tampa last year - neither of those teams with any more talent than GB. Green Bay's record last year had a lot more to do with their schedule than anything else. They got to play the overwhelming majority of their games versus their own terrible division and the equally terrible AFC West. They weren't suddenly going to lose game to the Detroit, Oakland, KC, portion of their schedule because Favre wasn't there.

Favre was 6th in passer rating, 4th in completion percentage, 4th in yards, threw fewer picks than Romo and only one more than Manning, took fewer sacks than all the QBs you listed and was behind only Romo from your list when it came to yards per attempt. Whether you personally put him at 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th in the league overall last year, he was clearly in the argument for "Best QB not named Tom Brady" last season.

Favre was 6th in passer rating, 4th in completion percentage, 4th in yards, threw fewer picks than Romo and only one more than Manning, took fewer sacks than all the QBs you listed and was behind only Romo from your list when it came to yards per attempt. Whether you personally put him at 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th in the league overall last year, he was clearly in the argument for "Best QB not named Tom Brady" last season.

Didn't he get the one missing vote for MVP?

Game is on the line and you have 2 min to win or loose and your team has the ball - Aside from Brady, who do you want to have the ball?

Game is on the line and you have 2 min to win or loose and your team has the ball - Aside from Brady, who do you want to have the ball?

No one. :p

But, seriously, I'd say Satan Manning, b/c if he couldn't score a touchdown on his own, the refs'd probably give him a "helpful" PI call or two. :mad:

The only way that is true is if you honestly believe its hurting the franchise by not giving Kellen Clemens a shot. If thats not your case then do explain how it sets us back years.

It sets the Jets back because they aren't talking about 1 draft pick for him. They are talking about 2. And the Jets need all the help they can get, youth wise.

Last year, out of the group selected by Dhamz? Brett Favre, by a landslide. But, to be fair, I'd have taken Favre over Garrard because of the experience factor as much as anything else.

Favre
Garrard
Manning
Romo
Hasselbeck

Manning, Romo and Hasselbeck are all every bit as capable of throwing a fatal pick as Favre, and Favre is more willing to take the risks needed to win than any of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing