PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers in talks with Jets [UPDATE: 'It's my intention to play for the Jets']

Jets selling out for what will be like the 3rd best QB in the division who may or may not see ghosts.

Jets selling out for what will be like the 3rd best QB in the division who may or may not see ghosts.
He's easily 2nd to Allen and could very well be 1st if Allen doesn't fix his INT problem... and maybe loses Diggs via trade. Rodgers had a down year last year with a mediocre cast at WR, but Tua and Mac are simply not better QBs than him. Seeing Rodgers with a significantly better WR crew than last year, and a very solid defense on the other side, should be interesting. Not sure what the Jets' OL is like but he doesn't have much of an excuse to screw this up with OROY in Wilson, a solid #2 in Lazard and should elevate Moore and Davis. Not to mention Breece Hall who could've been OROY with how his season was going before injury.

Last edited:
He's easily 2nd to Allen and could very well be 1st if Allen doesn't fix his INT problem... and maybe loses Diggs via trade. Rodgers had a down year last year with a mediocre cast at WR, but Tua and Mac are simply not better QBs than him. Seeing Rodgers with a significantly better WR crew than last year, and a very solid defense on the other side, should be interesting. Not sure what the Jets' OL is like but he doesn't have much of an excuse to screw this up with OROY in Wilson, a solid #2 in Lazard and should elevate Moore and Davis. Not to mention Breece Hall who could've been OROY with how his season was going before injury.
Yeah let's see what happens. I sure am not dismissing the Jets as a legitimate playoff contender because they did just get exponentially better. We forget how bad their QB play was last season and they still almost made the playoffs

So if we go 11-6 and miss the playoffs because the Jesters beat the Squids are we happy with Mr. Jones progress?

You are at risk of overselling Rodgers here. He had a "down year" last season in large part to not completely buying in. This guy is not fully dedicated to his craft and gets by on talent alone when he WANTS to apply it, which is not 100-percent of the time. Sure, if the Jete surround him with great weapons -- including receivers he's played with in Green Bay and is familiar with -- that makes things a lot easier, which he pretty much is demanding. At age 40, having already won a title and closing out his career, Rodgers simply is not fanatical about winning or overextending himself.

I don't know that much about Tua's competitive drive, but I'm willing to wager that winning is more important to Mac and Allen at this stage than to Rodgers. We'll see how things play out. If Rodgers ends up facing any serious adversity, you might see him skating and pointing fingers.

i5Cou9ExwTZvRRtl79V75CsI7oC.jpg

Made you check the thread for fresh news, tho, didn't I ?

GB should hold out for 2 first rounders and nothing less. They have the Jets trapped.
Exactly.

A) Two firsts,
or
B) 1 first plus other picks/players equal to the value of a low 1st

They're probably going with B, hence the delay in getting it done

You are at risk of overselling Rodgers here. He had a "down year" last season in large part to not completely buying in. This guy is not fully dedicated to his craft and gets by on talent alone when he WANTS to apply it, which is not 100-percent of the time. Sure, if the Jete surround him with great weapons -- including receivers he's played with in Green Bay and is familiar with -- that makes things a lot easier, which he pretty much is demanding. At age 40, having already won a title and closing out his career, Rodgers simply is not fanatical about winning or overextending himself.

I don't know that much about Tua's competitive drive, but I'm willing to wager that winning is more important to Mac and Allen at this stage than to Rodgers. We'll see how things play out. If Rodgers ends up facing any serious adversity, you might see him skating and pointing fingers.
Well it looks like the Packers are adding to that competitive drive by trying to hold up the Jets for a first round pick and a player when adequate compensation should be a 2nd this year and a conditional next. If I were MR.Rodgers every day this goes on, I would be getting a bigger and bigger chip on my shoulder.

But in the end, he will end up being what he's always been (except once over a decade ago) a very good regular season QB

Well it looks like the Packers are adding to that competitive drive by trying to hold up the Jets for a first round pick and a player when adequate compensation should be a 2nd this year and a conditional next. If I were MR.Rodgers every day this goes on, I would be getting a bigger and bigger chip on my shoulder.

But in the end, he will end up being what he's always been (except once over a decade ago) a very good regular season QB

The guy went into a cave 90% sure he would retire and came out deciding to play. I don't think he is wired to play with a chip on his shoulder. All the recent years of people questioning whether he was a winner because he chokes in the playoffs did little to give him a chip on his shoulder.

The guy is a just a different cat.

He keeps calling Mahomes a “mulatto,” which is basically a person who is half white and half black. Not sure what Mahomes’ race has to do with anything. He’s using it as put down against Mahomes
While there is some dispute of the origins of the term mulatto, many that reject the term point to the fact that “mula” in both Spanish and Portuguese means mule. A mule is the offspring of two different species, a horse and a donkey. When the word mulatto came into practice, many white people thought of people of African descent as lesser humans. Thus, the white/black lineage mix is openly referenced as similar to a horse/donkey mix. Typically, only white people refer to people with a white parent and a black parent as mulatto. Most other groups use the terms “bi-racial” or “mixed race”.

I assume if they get it done with Rodgers, Zach Wilson is gone, too much of a headache this dude

This is going to fail miserably and I can’t wait to watch.

It really seems that Rodgers is just coming back for the massive payday and getting his friends paid. I wonder how hard he will work with the Jets. He doesn't seem to be like Brady or Manning who wanted to prove their former team was stupid for moving on from them.

While there is some dispute of the origins of the term mulatto, many that reject the term point to the fact that “mula” in both Spanish and Portuguese means mule. A mule is the offspring of two different species, a horse and a donkey. When the word mulatto came into practice, many white people thought of people of African descent as lesser humans. Thus, the white/black lineage mix is openly referenced as similar to a horse/donkey mix. Typically, only white people refer to people with a white parent and a black parent as mulatto. Most other groups use the terms “bi-racial” or “mixed race”.

OK, so what does TBR's use of the word "mulatto" or being biracial have anything to do with Mahomes as a football player? The guy is obviously using the term in a derogatory manner, and this not first or even second time he's been racist towards Mahomes.

OK, so what does TBR's use of the word "mulatto" or being biracial have anything to do with Mahomes as a football player? The guy is obviously using the term in a derogatory manner, and this not first or even second time he's been racist towards Mahomes.
I agree it’s racist and meant in a derogatory manner: 100%. I thought I was replying to the post which asked if/why it was a problematic word.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back