PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Favre willing to play for Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick(Report)

Please Lord, I don't ask for much; make this happen. Jets fans will be dancing in the streets over this and the thought of "The gunslinger" vs the Patriots twice next year, that is if he survives the first game, would be fun beyond belief.

Anything to make Jets fans think they have a shot, only to see thier hopes flushed down the toilet, how sweet it would be, the 39 years of torture continues into the big 40..............

how much do you give in a trade for a one year rental?

I cant wait for someone to tell me how a 3rd to a first performance based trade is terrible. The 1st better be a SB appaearance tho

Re: Jets offer 3rd round pick, could rise to a 1st round pick

I hope the Jets get him for several reasons..

Brett Favre, as much as they guy has been a great quarterback, has only had ONE good year in the last two or three years whatever it is.. IMO he's an average QB at this stage in his career. He doesn't improve the team that much.

He has to learn an entire offense in what is about 3 weeks.

If the Jets don't make the playoffs its probably the last we see of Mangini in the NFL. Think about the spending spree the team had this off-season and the complete alienation of two quarterbacks on the roster all for a one or two year window of a POSSIBLE wild-card run.

Last edited:

I hope the Jets get him for several reasons..

Brett Favre, as much as they guy has been a great quarterback, has only had ONE good year in the last four or five years whatever it is.. IMO he's an average QB at this stage in his career. He doesn't improve the team that much.

He has to learn an entire offense in what is about 3 weeks.

If the Jets don't make the playoffs its probably the last we see of Mangini in the NFL. Think about the spending spree the team had this off-season and the complete alienation of two quarterbacks on the roster all for a one or two year window of a POSSIBLE wild-card run.

I guess Deus Irae was right, all the good players in the NFL play on the Pats here

Please Lord, I don't ask for much; make this happen. Jets fans will be dancing in the streets over this and the thought of "The gunslinger" vs the Patriots twice next year, that is if he survives the first game, would be fun beyond belief.

Anything to make Jets fans think they have a shot, only to see thier hopes flushed down the toilet, how sweet it would be, the 39 years of torture continues into the big 40..............

My semtiments exactly. The anguish, the horror! And we play the Jets early, Sept 14th. Priceless.

If the Jets are stupid and desperate enough to believe that Brett Favre is going to get them to promised land, more power to them. BB is not afraid of Brett Favre. I hope that they do give up their first round pick for him. That would be classic. :D
Pennington must be sooo thrilled.

I thought about it and thought would be a great idea and add another chapter to this rivalry.

But then you going to hear some genius say the Jets will over take the Pats

The student triumph the teacher...

Espn will go ga ga goo goo over this because we know how they luvvvvvv the pats:rolleyes:

Its good ,but I dont know if I could take all that crap from jets fans.. UGH

I think though its a moot point, Mooch, the vice president of the Farve fan club, we know madden is number 1, says NY has a nice team, but he wants to go to Tampa.. Which GB will stone wall and we are back to square 1..

I guess Deus Irae was right, all the good players in the NFL play on the Pats here

They certainly dont play for the Jets :D

They certainly dont play for the Jets :D

last year they didn't except for a select few

ahhhh........just remember back to the 35-0 beat-down we gave to Lord Favre and the Pack.

Also,Ratgini is anal-retentive.Do you think he's going to allow this gunslinger to make up plays on the fly?.....I don't think so.

p.s.please add RUMOR to your thread title.The New Jersey Rats have not offered anything.It's only speculation from PFT.

I cant wait for someone to tell me how a 3rd to a first performance based trade is terrible. The 1st better be a SB appaearance tho

That's the key...Hypothetically, if the 1 is "win the Super Bowl" then guess what, it's worth it. It's like the Gholston contract. You can scream 50 million what a joke all you want. But if the only way he sees that money is if "he plays like Lawrence Taylor and the Jets make 5 straight Super Bowls" as was reported it's not that big a deal.

Favre makes the Jets at worst a wild card contender. Though I agree with those that say if the Jets get Favre and subsequently miss the playoffs that might be it for Mangini.

I don't think the Jets would make the trade unless they knew from Favre they would get two years out of him. At least that's what was reported earlier, and I would agree with that thinking. It would make little sense as a one-year thing. First off it's unlikely the Jets, with Favre, could make the Super Bowl anyway. And then next year you're left in the same spot looking for a QB. If they had the QB they wanted now they wouldn't get Favre.

So I think the Jets are thinking...Favre has two good years left in him. That may or may not be true, we might well find out.

That's the key...Hypothetically, if the 1 is "win the Super Bowl" then guess what, it's worth it. It's like the Gholston contract. You can scream 50 million what a joke all you want. But if the only way he sees that money is if "he plays like Lawrence Taylor and the Jets make 5 straight Super Bowls" as was reported it's not that big a deal.

Favre makes the Jets at worst a wild card contender. Though I agree with those that say if the Jets get Favre and subsequently miss the playoffs that might be it for Mangini.

I don't think the Jets would make the trade unless they knew from Favre they would get two years out of him. At least that's what was reported earlier, and I would agree with that thinking. It would make little sense as a one-year thing. First off it's unlikely the Jets, with Favre, could make the Super Bowl anyway. And then next year you're left in the same spot looking for a QB. If they had the QB they wanted now they wouldn't get Favre.

So I think the Jets are thinking...Favre has two good years left in him. That may or may not be true, we might well find out.
Quoted For Truth;)

Tannebaum and Mangini are thinking about their Jobs and that's it, nothing more.

Yup - this should be fun to watch.

But overall, its a good move for the Jets. No big deal giving up a first and a third for that matter - MangIdiot has no idea how to draft. Just ask the QB they drafted.

Last edited:

Tannebaum and Mangini are thinking about their Jobs and that's it, nothing more.

according to ESPN

A league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio Wednesday that the Jets have offered a fourth-round pick to the Packers for Favre that would become a second-round pick based on the 2008 performance of Favre and the team. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have also spoken to Favre as a leading potential trade partner with Green Bay, Chris Mortensen reports.

You call it trying to save their jobs I call it common sense at this point

That would mean that they cut Pennington? Wouldn't mind him as a back-up here, probably cost too much. With Farve and the other Jet trades, that would pretty much mortgage their future.

The smart money is on Tampa.. Sorry to disapoint Jet fans..

according to ESPN

You call it trying to save their jobs I call it common sense at this point

I call it goin all in and bettin the house... a last resort to save their jobs, I dont blame them though they need to do somethin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back