Originally Posted by PatriotsReign
The Ravens are a very good football team but have a mediocre QB. Wouldn't you agree?
All depends how you look at it.
In his 4 years as a starter, Flacco-led offenses have averaged about 24points a game which has been middle of the pack in the NFL.
Statistically, last year Flacco was in the top 10 in every major statistical category. TDs, yards, QB rating, comp.%, etc.
O-line and key departures slowed him a bit this year. Lee Evans being hurt did not help.
I think he did have some confidence issues this year, but on the other hand BAL has faced some tough defenses this year.
(2) CLE-#5 points allowed, #9 passer rating vs
(1) TN- #8 points allowed
(2) Pitt- #1 points allowed, #4 passer rating vs.
(2) CIN- #9 points allowed but #6 yards per rush.
(1) NYJ-#20 point allowed, #3 passer rating vs.
(2) HOU- #4 points allowed, #2 passer rating vs.
(1) JAX- #11 points allowed
(1) SF- #2 points allowed, #5 passer rating vs.
(1) SEA- #7 points allowed, #6 passer rating vs.
IMO, thats 13 of 17 games vs above average defenses that were good vs the pass. Some of those games he did well. Some not so well.
My point is that Flacco certainly is not an elite QB, but is above average and should not be overlooked. In the 2 reg season games vs NE hes averaged 262 yds passing, 65% comp % and 2 Tds.
He can be a threat, folks...