Originally Posted by KontradictioN
1. Lost their best offensive lineman from last year in Alan Faneca and now D'Bust has to rely on help from a rookie, making the left side of their offensive line wide open to opposing blitzes.
2. Will be without their prized free agent acquisition for the first few games of the season, meaning that he will miss important division games vs. the Pats and @ the Dolphins. It's not far fetched for the Jesters to start the season with an 0-2 mark in the division.
3. Though I personally think that Shonn Greene will pick up where he left off a year ago, they still lost the most dangerous back in the division in Leon Washingon and managed to replace him with Joe McKnight who never impressed me at USC. On top of that, as mentioned, the Jets lost their best run blocker.
4. They still have Mark Sanchez at quarterback.
5. While Holmes and Cotchery are solid, Braylon Edwards is still looking for where his hands disappeared to after the 2007 season. He should be a waste of space again this season on the Jets' WR depth chart.
6. They have lost a good DE in Ellis while Kris Jenkins is another year older and another injury slower.
7. Who is the starting at SS next to Jim Leonhard? Rhodes was extremely overrated but he was better than nothing.
There are seven issues with this Jets team that I can think of off the top of my head. IMO, this team does have talent, but it has just as many issues (if not more) than the rest of the teams in this division. Well, maybe not the Bills. But you get my drift...
Its a little funny how uninformed about football some of you patriots fans are.
1. Although I am worried about losing Faneca he was far from our best o lineman. Statistics show he was actually our worst. He let up the most sacks by any guard in the entire league. I have no clue how Ducasse or Slauson will fit in, but saying Faneca was our best O-lineman is far from it.
2. It definitely sucks we will not have Holmes for our first four games and I am hoping that our other Acquisitions on the defense will step up their game.
3. Losing Leon hurts alot but we made our playoff run without him. As well chances are he wouldn't have been ready for the beginning of the season anyway. PLus the acquisition of John Conner should bolster our running game. Check the video below (Block on Eric Norwood)
YouTube - Derrick Locke td 2nd qtr vs south carolina
4. Mark picked up the slack in the playoffs and I believe with all of our weapons he shouldn't have a problem finding an open reciever. Plus with this defense being even better than last years #1 defense he really only has to be a game manager.
5. nothing to Argue here thats just your opinion. I have my own.... To each their own.
6. We still have Sean Ellis sorry =(. Yes Kris JEnkins is older but like Leon we went on our playoff push without him. So players that got burn like Sione Pouha and Mike Devito got alot of well needed experience. I think we can all say that they did enough to hold their own. Additionally Keep your eye open for Ropati Pitoitua at DE. He should see more playing time and is a beast at 6'8 310lbs.
7. Brodney Poole is starting at FS as well as guys like Eric Smith (started most of last season over Kerry Rhodes) and Dwight Lowery will most likely play FS on passing Downs.
Some other things to consider. Although a lot of you think Cromartie is a bum which I disagree on, but something you cannot argue is that he is a lot better then Lito Sheppard.
People are saying we lost Thomas Jones and thats a huge hit but the fact of the matter is Thomas Jones is washed up. He averaged 4.2 yards a carry last year but most of that is because our O-line was opening up 5 foot holes and eventually Jones would break a long one. In games where Jones didn't have a run for more than 25 yds he averaged less than 3 yards a game which is horrendous. Although I do not think L.T. will be the old L.T. I thnk he will definitely be an upgrade over Jones. The reason for this is that L.T. gives jones a reliable check down route. Something Sanchez did not have for most of last season.
I am not gonna go out and call you guys stupid because this is a Patriots forum but some of you need to do some research before you go out blurting stuff that really has no backing or makes any sense