PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ziegler interviews with Broncos Saturday

Good. Get the John Carroll cabal out of Foxboro. Elevate Eliot Wolf, we had a way better draft this past year . And bring back Chad O'Shea as offensive coordinator.
I think Gase would be very good here as well.
He’s like a BB wannabe but Peyton raved about him maybe head coach isn’t his speed but X’s and O’s Are.
I’d give him a position if he doesn’t land somewhere a as OC

He's an unlikely candidate on paper. It sounds like Champ Kelly is the favorite due to his experience both win the Broncos and with Fangio in Chicago. Terry Fontenot and George Paton have more experience at higher levels of personnel departments than Ziegler. It's interesting that they haven't requested to interview Adam Peters, or maybe it's a sign that he's headed to Carolina instead. One thing that could work in Ziegler's favor is that the Broncos ownership situation is about to get really messy, which could scare away better candidates.

Wassup with Donks owner situation? Clueless as always.

Not 100% sure. Seems like the have a Yawkey Trust -type thing going where there is a CEO and a board that is calling the shots and not the kids.

Last I heard...Brittany Bowlen was being groomed. She is under 30 years old, IIRC and needs some seasoning.... so the lawyers/trust will keep it so for a while. Elway is essentially the "owner" for now...the other guy in the organization runs the business side of things while Elway does the football side.

All seven kids have to approve in order for the trust to name one as the owner, and there's a growing belief that Beth is trying to force a sale to an outside party by making it clear that she won't approve of Brittany taking over even though she's clearly the trustees' chosen one.

Long story short....

Pat Bowlen who had the team since the 80’s and presided over 3 SB wins and 4 other appearances (basically making him the best non legacy owner outside of Kraft) got Alzheimer’s in the 2010’s then died.

Has several kids from two marriages and when he was unable to run the team set up a trust that Joe Ellis runs to oversee the team and figure out ownership. Trust basically dictates that while all the kids will “own” the team, only one may oversee and run it.

There are a list of requirements that need to be filled to run it. Right now only two daughters want it. One daughter is Beth from the first marriage. She is older but is a bit of a headcase that got fired by the team. However she claims she filled all the requirements of the trust. Pat Bowlen’s brother who used to own the team with him has taken her side along with a few other siblings. Brittany is the other Bowlen trying to run the team. She’s preferred by the trust but trying to get all the requirements set.

Another snag is that the trust was amended at a point after Pat’s Alzheimer’s was occurring which Beth’s side is arguing wasn’t done while he was of sound mind and should be reverted to the original trust.

All the kids have to sign off on it as well I believe and it sounds like Beth is in a “either it’s me or we sell”.

Big family **** show.

Long story short....

Pat Bowlen who had the team since the 80’s and presided over 3 SB wins and 4 other appearances (basically making him the best non legacy owner outside of Kraft) got Alzheimer’s in the 2010’s then died.

Has several kids from two marriages and when he was unable to run the team set up a trust that Joe Ellis runs to oversee the team and figure out ownership. Trust basically dictates that while all the kids will “own” the team, only one may oversee and run it.

There are a list of requirements that need to be filled to run it. Right now only two daughters want it. One daughter is Beth from the first marriage. She is older but is a bit of a headcase that got fired by the team. However she claims she filled all the requirements of the trust. Pat Bowlen’s brother who used to own the team with him has taken her side along with a few other siblings. Brittany is the other Bowlen trying to run the team. She’s preferred by the trust but trying to get all the requirements set.

Another snag is that the trust was amended at a point after Pat’s Alzheimer’s was occurring which Beth’s side is arguing wasn’t done while he was of sound mind and should be reverted to the original trust.

All the kids have to sign off on it as well I believe and it sounds like Beth is in a “either it’s me or we sell”.

Big family **** show.

This is why royal siblings rarley live past ten years old! Brittney should Joffreyed Beth! Problem solved.

1610127819176.png

Last edited:
Why is Ziegler even interviewing? This organization has issues.

Why is Ziegler even interviewing? This organization has issues.
Not sure about you, but the times that I interviewed at places, even when I wasn't looking to actually be hired there, it was for a variety of reasons.

One was to learn about that organization things that you don't find doing normal research. Another is for the experience of interviewing. Not every organization handles interviews the same way. As a Personnel guy, Ziegler can use it as a learning experience for himself. Both in interviewing with other teams and with how to handle interviews he conducts. I know people who have used interviews for networking as well.

Hope Ziegler leaves and the entire John Carroll cabal leaves Foxboro. This guy didn't impress. Crappy drafts with Ziegler and McDaniels here the last 6 years before Eliot Wolf showed up 12 months ago.

Not sure about you, but the times that I interviewed at places, even when I wasn't looking to actually be hired there, it was for a variety of reasons.

One was to learn about that organization things that you don't find doing normal research. Another is for the experience of interviewing. Not every organization handles interviews the same way. As a Personnel guy, Ziegler can use it as a learning experience for himself. Both in interviewing with other teams and with how to handle interviews he conducts. I know people who have used interviews for networking as well.

I guess there is value in that approach.

fortunately I own my business and don’t have to worry about interviewing!

Terrible news. Prefer Eliot Wolf. Ziegler hasn't done squat in New England.

Possible they'll work together. Kind of like Caserio & Pioli and Caserio & Floyd Reese worked together

Possible they'll work together. Kind of like Caserio & Pioli and Caserio & Floyd Reese worked together

To make it clear they should hire Wolf as GM immediately to clarify roles. This team will fall off a cliff if Ziegler and McDaniels take over.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back