PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would cut him if the medical prognosis during camp with contact becomes, "He'll never recover enough to be a playa"

No you dont have waive him to get him on IR. You just IR him.

Umm. . . . that's how the Patriots got Ballard in the first place: they claimed him when the Giants exposed to him waivers so they could put him on IR last offseason. Heck, the Patriots had to do that just this weekend with Elvis Fisher, and earlier this offseason with TJ Moe.

There is a point in the season where this no longer happens, but, right now, players who would be subject to waivers if they were outright released must be exposed to waiver claims before they can be placed on IR.

Umm. . . . that's how the Patriots got Ballard in the first place: they claimed him when the Giants exposed to him waivers so they could put him on IR last offseason. Heck, the Patriots had to do that just this weekend with Elvis Fisher, and earlier this offseason with TJ Moe.

There is a point in the season where this no longer happens, but, right now, players who would be subject to waivers if they were outright released must be exposed to waiver claims before they can be placed on IR.

Yes, correct. It depends on the point in the season. Right now, they dont have to do anything though until final cutdowns. If Ballard looks like he will make it they could leave him on the roster assuming they have Gronk back 100%. I dont see Fells and Hoo getting cut with JB injured.

Re: Zach Sudfeld, how good can he be for us?

I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point but BB builds his schemes around the strengths of his personnel. We were a TE heavy offense because we had two of the top 5 TEs in the entire league, not because BB is infatuated with it.

Yeah. If he were infatuated with the position he'd draft one just about every year :)

Just messin' with ya. I agree w/your post actually. But I do think that while you have TFB under center, you better be obsessed either w/the TE or the WR position, at least a little. The targets are a big challenge this year.

The Three Dimensions of Patriots Rookie Tight End Zach Sudfeld | NEPatriotsDraft.com | Oliver Thomas

Following a fifth and sixth surgery, Sudfeld was back rehabbing, determined to make a go of whatever chance he had left. The NCAA granted him a chance in the form of a medical hardship, which meant that Sudfeld found himself with a sixth year of college eligibility.

He made it count.

As a veteran member of Nevada’s Pistol offense, Sudfeld hauled in 45 passes for 598 yards and eight touchdowns in 2012. In the process, the can’t-miss target garnered recognition as a Mackey Award semifinalist — an award bestowed upon the best tight end in the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.

He caught passes. He blocked for ball-carriers. He did whatever head coach Chris Ault needed him to do during his time in Reno. Nevertheless, with an injury history as long as a grocery list, even a 4.71 40-yard dash, a 7.00 three-cone time and a 9’5” broad jump at his pro day couldn’t get Sudfeld drafted come April.

The Patriots took an interest in the hours after, and Sudfeld has been a storyline worth monitoring ever since. Yet in order to understand what kind of player Sudfeld could potentially become for the Patriots, it’s important to understand what kind of player Sudfeld was for the Wolf Pack.

He was — and is — a player of three dimensions.​

The article breaks down film and with the aid of five diagrammed still photos in each of three sections focuses on these topics:

• Turning upfield: the play after the catch
  • Blocking
  • Red Zone

Attention!

Jake Ballard is not eligible for PUP.

Jake Ballard is not eligible for the P.S..

I hope this helps people moving forward.

We should just put Ballard on the PUP list to start the season then.

HUH?????? 10 char

disappointed_gif_44556.gif
We should just put Ballard on the PUP list to start the season then.

Relax boys we've got 5 months to fix this. I don't see anything getting in the way of the playoffs.

JEST: "questions at the quarterback position" just seems such an understatement.

FINS: "Wait, we need a left tackle???"

BILLS: I forget what they even do... but unless it's the early nineties, I'm so not afraid.

It's like a bloody default division these days.

I think they should put Ballard on the PUP list, either that or the practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back