PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
disappointed_gif_44556.gif

I too need gigantic neon signs indicating that an obvious joke is a joke.

I too need gigantic neon signs indicating that an obvious joke is a joke.

A few folks know the rules inside and out. We have also seen many honest misunderstandings about the various NFL lists and what they mean. Sometimes, even after several attempts to explain, it seems like others are not reading the educators carefully. I have switched my default to "joke."

A few folks know the rules inside and out. We have also seen many honest misunderstandings about the various NFL lists and what they mean.

I have to say, the practice squad rules are genuinely confusing and are often presented in ambiguous ways. E.g. the rules refer to eligibility based on "accrued seasons," but in fact the number of accrued seasons seems to be totally irrelevant. A guy like Dowling can pile up accrued seasons on IR and still retain practice squad eligibility.

I have to say, the practice squad rules are genuinely confusing and are often presented in ambiguous ways. E.g. the rules refer to eligibility based on "accrued seasons," but in fact the number of accrued seasons seems to be totally irrelevant. A guy like Dowling can pile up accrued seasons on IR and still retain practice squad eligibility.

Practice Squad for Ballard it is then.

Practice Squad for Ballard it is then.

Disagree. He's destined for PUP, IMO.

As for the TE situation, Casey Matthews had some pretty cool insight on Sudfeld today.

Matthews on tight ends: “You look at all their tight ends and receivers, from last year all those guys are gone. They need someone to step up and I think [Zach Sudfeld] did a real good job making plays out there. He’s one of those tight ends you can split out and create mismatches because he’s tall [6-foot-7], he’s a little quicker than most tight ends. He’s not your traditional tight end; he’ll go up for the ball. He’s a little more of a receiver than [Rob] Gronkowski, who finds a way to get open, and is very good at using his body and his size.”

Also...

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Also, if you want to give Sudfeld a nickname, they called him "Flint" at Nevada because he sparked the offense

Matthews on tight ends: “You look at all their tight ends and receivers, from last year all those guys are gone. They need someone to step up and I think [Zach Sudfeld] did a real good job making plays out there. He’s one of those tight ends you can split out and create mismatches because he’s tall [6-foot-7], he’s a little quicker than most tight ends. He’s not your traditional tight end; he’ll go up for the ball. He’s a little more of a receiver than [Rob] Gronkowski, who finds a way to get open, and is very good at using his body and his size.”

Nice to hear, can you imagine our Red Zone Offense? Brady can finally throw up ducks like Joe Flacco and have the confidence that his guy will come down with it. I a not going to miss the Miget pair of Branch and Welker.

Re: Re: Zach Sudfeld

Nice to hear, can you imagine our Red Zone Offense? Brady can finally throw up ducks like Joe Flacco and have the confidence that his guy will come down with it. I a not going to miss the Miget pair of Branch and Welker.

Now all he has to do is close his eyes before chucking it up there and he can be like Eli.

/bitter bias off

Also...

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Also, if you want to give Sudfeld a nickname, they called him "Flint" at Nevada because he sparked the offense

I don't see how there's any option other than 'Studfeld'

It would be pretty amazing if the Patriots could lose Hernandez and end up with a *better* TE situation. And though it's just training camp (and all the caveats that come with that), Sudfeld sure appears to have all the goods to be a terrific TE.

Also...

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin

I don't see how there's any option other than 'Studfeld'

Stud should be sufficient.

His nickname is "sunshine."

Not that I'm going to call him sunshine...that won't happen :cool:

"By no means is the 24-year-old nicknamed "Sunshine" about to become the next Gronkowski. He is, after all, older than him. But Sudfeld is great red zone target and an even better blocker. "

(per yahoo sports, yahoo.com 7/10/13)

His nickname is "sunshine."

Not that I'm going to call him sunshine...that won't happen :cool:

"By no means is the 24-year-old nicknamed "Sunshine" about to become the next Gronkowski. He is, after all, older than him. But Sudfeld is great red zone target and an even better blocker. "

(per yahoo sports, yahoo.com 7/10/13)

Is someone saying Suds is a better blocker than Gronk? Who would say that?

Is someone saying Suds is a better blocker than Gronk? Who would say that?

Yeah, I'd ignore that part of the quote--but the point was to show his nickname.

If you want to read the article, have at it. The author throws some numbers out where Ben Volin stated that Sudfeld graded at a 94.6 blocker, but I'd take it w/ a grain of salt.

The author's name is Oliver Thomas. He also covers NEPatriotsDraft.

Y! SPORTS

Stud should be sufficient.

On our team that would be too confusing - too many qualify. :)

But I'd settle for stud in the long-term when it comes to our UDFA TE.

It would be pretty amazing if the Patriots could lose Hernandez and end up with a *better* TE situation. And though it's just training camp (and all the caveats that come with that), Sudfeld sure appears to have all the goods to be a terrific TE.

I am excited by the player as well. But I hope fans remember he is a UDFA rookie. If he makes the team and contributes this year that is pretty much a home run. I don't think its fair to expect him to contribute anwhere near the borderline pro-bowl player that Hernadez was. To be clear I am not singling out the quoted poster - I agree it would be truly amazing if we ended with a better situation. I just think there is a trend from many that could create unrealistic expectations. I look forward to see him play but he will not be a fully developed professional player this year and he will make some bonehead rookie mistakes. (pretty amazing that it already looks like a he has a roster spot)

Yeah, I'd ignore that part of the quote--but the point was to show his nickname.

If you want to read the article, have at it. The author throws some numbers out where Sudfeld graded at a 94.1 blocker, but I'd take it w/ a grain of salt.

The author's name is Oliver Thomas.

Y! SPORTS

Oliver should be taken with a grain of dog poo. He should be fired for making such a stupid claim. I mean that is about as pitiful as it gets. Gronk? Seriously? And even if there was a case to be made that Zach Studfield is a better blocker than then perhaps best blocking TE in the game, Zach hasn't taken one NFL snap...so how would he know if he was better?

Joke writer = Joke article.

Oliver should be taken with a grain of dog poo. He should be fired for making such a stupid claim. I mean that is about as pitiful as it gets. Gronk? Seriously? And even if there was a case to be made that Zach Studfield is a better blocker than then perhaps best blocking TE in the game, Zach hasn't taken one NFL snap...so how would he know if he was better?

Joke writer = Joke article.

I guess he used Ben Volin's numbers where Volin had him graded as a 94.6 blocker, but I've been skeptical of just about everything Volin says due to his incorrect facts about the Dennard case where he claimed that the officer was off duty and out of uniform.

Oliver Thomas is also a writer for NEPatriotsDraft, so he should know more about the team than to make a pretty bold statement like that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back