PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yikes Joe Burrow. It's either a calf injury or an achilles. 4 pm

Non contact. I’d say that looks like a tear or ACL but if it’s only a strain that’s good news for Cincy and for Burrow.

Pretty sure it was a non-contact concussion

Two potentially major injuries to star players so early already.

Anyone here ever had a calf cramp up? I remember having that happen to my right calf playing basketball once. It locked up tight and felt like it was in a vice. I couldn't walk for a while either. We'll see.

Dehydration?

Anyone here ever had a calf cramp up? I remember having that happen to my right calf playing basketball once. It locked up tight and felt like it was in a vice. I couldn't walk for a while either. We'll see.
Yep. There's also been a handful of times where I had to drop to the ground like Burrow did because I felt something sharp hit my knee or ankle when doing a drill, running on grass playing soccer, etc... Ended up completely fine and continued on 15 minutes later.

It would be bad for the NFL if he misses significant time.

Seems to me the non-contact injuries are always the worse, but fortunately the current word on the matter is that it is not a major injury.

Is that artificial turf?
Players have a 28% higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries when playing on turf.

The game needs him and all #1 QB's ... hopefully he is back soon.

He'll be laid up at least 2 months. This is what Trent Brown went through.

looked like he popped a calf. I had that happen several times while playing club lacrosse in my 40's. Had it happen once while punting play flag football Popped the calf when I landed after the kick But it was my best punt of the game a BEAUTIFUL spiral Ah the things you remember at 2am

Anyway, its likely a 2-3 week injury, but it CAN linger. It will be something they will work on every day he comes back. making sure the calf is fully stretched and warm before he goes out to practice. Likely it will just be a blip when it comes to the season

Hell, the heat probably didn't help prevent it. It was 90 degrees yesterday with a heat index of 105-110 here in Cincinnati. I truly don't get how players do it, and that's before factoring in the heat from the turf.

He most certainly shouldn’t. He’s already blown his knee out and he’s dealing with a cheap **** for an owner. Get that long-term security before you practice again, my guy.
Well said I am sure he's getting a heck of a lot than that San Diego guy when it's all said and done.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back