PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Rishard Mathews requests release from Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For context; in regards to the Rishard Matthews situation. The Pats were interested in signing Matthews in 2016 after getting rid of LaFell & before signing Hogan. If they’re still interested, I’m sure BB has already, or will contact Vrabel to get the inside scoop. However, it “seems as though” it’s as simple as lack of playing time.

“In a text message to A to Z Sports Nashville Wednesday night, Matthews said:

“EVERYTHING IS GOOD! JUST WASN’T HAPPY WITH WHAT WAS GOING ON BARELY GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME. IT WAS TIME TO MOVE ON.”

Matthews continued to A to Z Sports Nashville saying he asked the team for a release and the two parties have an agreement, while the paperwork is still being finalized.”

BREAKING: Rishard Matthews no longer with the Tennessee Titans - A to Z Sports Nashville

Also, this:

It sounds like he's got a very good point. are they paying him that much to sit on the bench? 3 catches so far for 11 yards, when he's been one of their go-to receivers the past two years.

Send him the playbook posthaste. He can study while he awaits his projected release.

At least this is One Problem we don't have---all receivers get more work than they can handle here.

Obviously we need help at receiver. On the other hand, Gordon will debut soon, and Edelman is back after next game. I'm not sure we'll be in the mix for a player who just walked away from his team, given the timing.

Obviously we need help at receiver. On the other hand, Gordon will debut soon, and Edelman is back after next game. I'm not sure we'll be in the mix for a player who just walked away from his team, given the timing.
We just traded for one.

Going into this week, no one had any reason to think that Gordon wouldn't be at camp. However, he's not going to be there, and it's because the receiver has decided to take some time off as part of his "overall health and treatment plan."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...don-will-miss-first-part-of-browns-training-c

.Hilarious.. He had offers from the Titans and Pats and picked the Titans because he would get more targets playing for the Titans

I interrupt this thread to share some very shocking news. I haven’t followed baseball for quite a long time, but I just saw that Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom finished the season with a 1.70 ERA, 269 strikeouts, and didn’t allow over three runs in any of his last 29 consecutive starts.

His win-loss record was incredibly just 10-9.

How is that possible?

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread about another wide receiver.

I interrupt this thread to share some very shocking news. I haven’t followed baseball for quite a long time, but I just saw that Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom finished the season with a 1.70 ERA, 269 strikeouts, and didn’t allow over three runs in any of his last 29 consecutive starts.

How is that possible?

Cy Young material despite a 10-9 record? I think so.

How is that possible?

Because Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back