PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

I'm not quite as confident as you seem to be about us definitely having the better offense when the players you've listed return. Denver poses one hell of a challenge with those receiving outlets, and it's going to be difficult if not impossible to try and slow them all down.

I do agree with you that we match up better physically, especially if the defense continues on this path.

We've seen Belichick do a great job with this kind of situation before, particularly with Manning, but I've got to admit that they certainly have my attention as a fan.

Where will they be better?

Where is the better matchup?

J Jones is better than Thomas. That TE is not making Tony G type catches.

All looks perfect right now but it's a lonnng season and this question can be better answered in Nov Dec & Jan without cozy feels of a Dome. "IF" Pats are firing on all cylinders health wise I luv our chances in NE. Pats will only get better, offense will be more insync with AD & KT with Gronk, Amendola & Vareen and edelman comin into his own. Wouldn't be surprised if KC gets a split with them as well. Pats game in Nov sandwiched between KC 11/7 Pats 11/24 KC 12/1.

All looks perfect right now but it's a lonnng season and this question can be better answered in Nov Dec & Jan without cozy feels of a Dome. "IF" Pats are firing on all cylinders health wise I luv our chances in NE. Pats will only get better, offense will be more insync with AD & KT with Gronk, Amendola & Vareen and edelman comin into his own. Wouldn't be surprised if KC gets a split with them as well. Pats game in Nov sandwiched between KC 11/7 Pats 11/24 KC 12/1.

My concern with KC is that they lose to Houston or the Titans before they play Denver, and then remember they were not supposed to be a good team and then keep losing, as other surprises have done in the past. Frankly, I hope Dallas, Indy or San Diego show up and beat them first just to stop the talk of the unstoppable offense. I wouldn't bet much on Dallas or the Bolts, having watched them play. With Indy playing the Seahawks this week, we will know a little more about if they can play with the big boys (the Niners have not been big boys this year, after getting thumped in consecutive weeks).

Strength of Schedule of the 4-0 teams so far

1. Saints: .375
2. Seahawks: .333
3. Patriots: .313
4. Broncos: .250
5. Chiefs: .188

Pretty meaningless statistic at this stage of the season.

For instance, two of the wins that Denver's opponents have are against Jax and Washington. So, you basically have three train wrecks that only come across as marginally less train wreck-ish because they happened to face two worse train wrecks.

My concern with KC is that they lose to Houston or the Titans before they play Denver, and then remember they were not supposed to be a good team and then keep losing, as other surprises have done in the past. Frankly, I hope Dallas, Indy or San Diego show up and beat them first just to stop the talk of the unstoppable offense. I wouldn't bet much on Dallas or the Bolts, having watched them play. With Indy playing the Seahawks this week, we will know a little more about if they can play with the big boys (the Niners have not been big boys this year, after getting thumped in consecutive weeks).

I hear ya with KC theory, both those games vs Texans & Titans are very winnable for them especially with Schaub,well, just bein Schaub. Cowboys are type of team that would beat Broncos and then lose to Jags with Romo throwin like 5 picks lol

Forgive me if this has been said. I haven't read the whole thread.

As the media repeats so often, Denver's challenge is whoever they play in the playoffs.

Where will they be better?

Where is the better matchup?

J Jones is better than Thomas. That TE is not making Tony G type catches.

Until Kenbrell Thompkins can be as dangerous as Demarius Thomas, or we have a true outside #2 as good as Decker, I'm going to give the edge to DEN.

Welker at this point is better than either of our slot players in Amendola (even though DA may end up with a better upside) or Edelman, so they'd get the advantage there too. So far that gives them 3 players who had 100 catches or more last season--or very close to it, vs. our group of developing rookies. Not much of a comparison is there?

The only position we'd have the better of them would be TE.

You may see if differently, but I think the high majority would certainly favor Denver's offense at this point in time. Hopefully we can continue to improve and be on the same level at them by the end of the season, as that is all that matters.

I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, I just think it'd be difficult and sort of homerish to say that the NE offense is better than the DEN offense.

Pretty meaningless statistic at this stage of the season.

For instance, two of the wins that Denver's opponents have are against Jax and Washington. So, you basically have three train wrecks that only come across as marginally less train wreck-ish because they happened to face two worse train wrecks.

Denver beat the Giants, not Washington.

But the fact that they have beaten two 0-4 teams never get mentioned when talking about their wins thus far, but the Pats constantly get discounted for beating two 2-2 teams and a 0-4 team.

Denver beat the Giants, not Washington.

But the fact that they have beaten two 0-4 teams never get mentioned when talking about their wins thus far, but the Pats constantly get discounted for beating two 2-2 teams and a 0-4 team.

I know. But they also beat Philly whose only victory was over... Washington. ;)

The point being that they really played three dreadful teams, but two of those 0-4 caliber squads were 1-3 solely because they happened to play an equally terrible team.

Re: Re: wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

Until Kenbrell Thompkins can be as dangerous as Demarius Thomas, or we have a true outside #2 as good as Decker, I'm going to give the edge to DEN.

Welker at this point is better than either of our slot players in Amendola (even though DA may end up with a better upside) or Edelman, so they'd get the advantage there too. So far that gives them 3 players who had 100 catches or more last season--or very close to it, vs. our group of developing rookies. Not much of a comparison is there?

The only position we'd have the better of them would be TE.

You may see if differently, but I think the high majority would certainly favor Denver's offense at this point in time. Hopefully we can continue to improve and be on the same level at them by the end of the season, as that is all that matters.

I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, I just think it'd be difficult and sort of homerish to say that the NE offense is better than the DEN offense.

I won't argue about them having the better offense, but I think we win the comparison of our o against their d abs vice versa.

I'm surprise teams have not tried to dial up more blitzes and stunts up the middle. Aren't Denver on their 3rd center? Someone has got to be able to win THAT matchup. Bring on spikes.

I grew up watching the dynastic teams of the 80s and 90s annihilate playoff opponents like it was nothing. Some teams that come to mind are the Bills, Cowboys and 49ers of the late 80s/ early 90s and the Broncos towards the middle/end of the decade.

Since then I've marveled at the passing games of some spectacular teams, led mainly by Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees, as they've shattered records one by one. These teams appeared to be destined for the same 55-10 Super Bowl romps, crushing everyone in the path.

Yet it doesn't happen like that.

These teams may score a lot of points in the regular season, often racking up their points against the middling salary-cap strapped teams who are just bad enough to exploit badly. But when the playoffs begin, the weather gets colder, and the gameplan wrinkles come into effect, these unstoppable passing attacks always seem to flail when it matters most.

One thing people forget is that these dynastic type teams of the past often had Hall of Fame running backs and had a two-dimensional attack. The Niners had all-pro Roger Craig, the Cowboys had all-time rushing leader Emmit Smith, the Bills had HoFamer Thurman Thomas, and the Broncos only won their rings after the all-world stud Terrell Davis came along.

These days, one-dimensional passing attacks can be slowed down, which is why you rarely see a quarterback dominate the postseason. When I see the Broncos, I see a team capable of winning the Super Bowl, but no more capable than the failing teams of recent years. An incredible passing game, poor running game, poor offensive line, and average defense.

I won't argue about them having the better offense, but I think we win the comparison of our o against their d abs vice versa.

Very fair point, and that may have been where patsfanincleveland was going too.

I would agree with this thought, and we've seen Belichick pull it off before vs Manning and his highly powered offenses. Hopefully the defense continues to play at a very high level, and we can slow them down.

I'm just glad they are playing them in week 12. Also glad they are playing the Saints as a tune up. That game, win or lose is going to be a barometer of what it really takes to stop an elite offense. The defense will take notes.

Week 12 also gives the Pats rookies, plus Amendola,Gronk and Brady to get more acclimated into a powerhouse offense. Think the running game will be elite by then with oline about the same. Ofcourse it all comes down to health.

Their defense will stop them from winning a SB, and even a Pats D that's missing Wilfork is capable of stopping Manning and co in Jan.

I know our patriots will defeat them like my country defeat France in blitzkrieg! (too soon?)

We have great roster. Brady is one of top quarterbacks and once Amendola healthy is again, we are good.

Best coach of all time, one of best quarterbacks if not best, great catchers when Gronkooski (???) and ammadola healthy. Defense will top ten of all.

I think it very clear Pats can win them. Best pats team since 16-0 one.

GO PATS!! :rocker:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back