PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow. Now I'm a Patriot fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what the guy did wrong? He didn't say he was dumping his team for the Pats. He was merely talking up Burkhead.

There isn't a person here who doesn't like some player from another team.

Can someone explain what the guy did wrong? He didn't say he was dumping his team for the Pats. He was merely talking up Burkhead.

There isn't a person here who doesn't like some player from another team.

Well, not since Adam Seward retired. Oh what could have been...

I saw Burkhead against Georgia in Orlando. Followed him ever since. Was a Bengal fan until I realized they didn't know what they had. When he finally got game film I was thrilled. (Any highlights 2014- week 8 season 4 are from 30 touches!) Prayed he'd sign elsewhere. Go Patriots!
He is gonna blow up. It is going to pay back all my naysayer buddies. I've talked him up for 4 years. Always drafted him in our league.
tebow has more playoff wins then marvin lewis and andy dalton

Welcome aboard!

Don't forget, Ray Lewis killed a guy.

And then fired up an empty garage screaming "we" and "us" stuff about a team he's never been on...

See, its starting as I said it would. Rather than pay for therapy and psych meds, Atlanta and other fans will wind up here.

Or in straight jackets some where.
Welcome to the real McCoy.

Not Shady McCoy, just to make it clear.

Uh huh...:rolleyes:

We really need to think about vetting New Members.

Extreme Vetting. And FINISH THE WALL around Gillette.

Don't let them chase you away @Turry66 . Tell us more. The big question is why wasn't he getting the ball in Cincy?

I've been having a discussion at my weekly poker game with a Pats fan who sees no value at all with Burkhead. I like what little I've seen and think he's going to be a big surprise here.

Thanks for your respect. Burkhead not being used by the Bengals was dumbfounding. Many, many Bengal fans and players were calling for his use for years. One of the best all around players today and they gave him 30 touches first 3 1/2 years. You know BB saw his talent when they gave him 3.15. Hated for Gio to get hurt but it did finally open the door. I'd been ranting about Burkhead the whole time. Week 17 when he finally got his chance I let all my buddies know "this is it", watch what he does. He finally was able to show his stuff. Yes!
Vindicated!

I guess it was too hard for Marvin to play a 6th rounder over the two 2nd rounders. Only thing I can figure. He performed absolutely great at all practices. Gave the defense fits. It was astonishing to me. You can bet Pats will use him correctly.

I guess it was too hard for Marvin to play a 6th rounder over the two 2nd rounders. Only thing I can figure. He performed absolutely great at all practices. Gave the defense fits. It was astonishing to me. You can bet Pats will use him correctly.

Giving players playing time over others because of their draft position or salary has never been a problem for Belichick. I'm genuinely excited to see the kid play here.

Don't let them chase you away @Turry66 . Tell us more. The big question is why wasn't he getting the ball in Cincy?

I've been having a discussion at my weekly poker game with a Pats fan who sees no value at all with Burkhead. I like what little I've seen and think he's going to be a big surprise here.

I liked what I saw of Burkhead in Cinci -- admittedly, not that much but enough for me to notice him even before he was signed. And the explanation for not getting a lot of carries is straightforward enough: Hill and Bernard are very good backs.

But I'm still puzzled. If you're confident enough in his ability to sign him to a substantial contract like that, why only for one season?

I liked what I saw of Burkhead in Cinci -- admittedly, not that much but enough for me to notice him even before he was signed. And the explanation for not getting a lot of carries is straightforward enough: Hill and Bernard are very good backs.

But I'm still puzzled. If you're confident enough in his ability to sign him to a substantial contract like that, why only for one season?

I thought I read that Burkhead wanted just one year to get to UFA.

One of the best things about BB is his willingness to let the players earn their positions; draft position only goes so far. Players know that they will get a fair shake from the Pats, which probably helps the Pats when UDFAs are deciding where their best chances are.

One of the best examples of how different most other teams operate, is when the Rats cut UDFA Danny Woodhead, while keeping their 4th round pick, Joe McKnight.

BB does not get his ego caught up in his personnel decisions, and will cut the lesser player when the decision needs to be made. Too many other GMS are too invested in not looking bad by cutting a draft pick, who isn't performing up to par.

I thought I read that Burkhead wanted just one year to get to UFA.

Makes sense - this has all the makings of a guy betting on himself. He believes he was criminally underused in Cincy, and he believes his abilities will be properly showcased here. That said, given the RB market he'll have to have one hell of a year to get more AAV on his next contract than the Pats are giving him.

One of the best things about BB is his willingness to let the players earn their positions; draft position only goes so far. Players know that they will get a fair shake from the Pats, which probably helps the Pats when UDFAs are deciding where their best chances are.

One of the best examples of how different most other teams operate, is when the Rats cut UDFA Danny Woodhead, while keeping their 4th round pick, Joe McKnight.

BB does not get his ego caught up in his personnel decisions, and will cut the lesser player when the decision needs to be made. Too many other GMS are too invested in not looking bad by cutting a draft pick, who isn't performing up to par.

Woodhead is a good example. There is an example from each AFC East Competitor.

Wes Welker, Dolphins. UDFA. Tendered at second round; traded for second round plus additional seventh round pick. Dolphins did not try to match offer.

Chris Hogan, Bills. UDFA. Did not re-sign.

Danny Woodhead, Jets. UDFA. Cut.

Belichick recognized that all three had the talent to be key contributors, while the original teams apparently couldn't get past draft politics or couldn't use them the right way. I find it hard to believe that these players couldn't be worked into the game plans with their original teams. Not to pull the race card here, but after awhile these bargains start to have a common theme. I do wonder if these players are perceived to be less athletic because they are white. Just to clarify, this is an observation, not a white power dog whistle.

I guarantee if Brady left the Patriots, he would bring millions of fans with him.
Not to mention if he joined a different organization and played with them for 3 years and won them a SB, the fanbase of that team would say: "Always loved Brady. GOAT".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes