PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow. Now I'm a Patriot fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Just read where Marvin didn't play Burkhead because of him being injured a lot. Yeah sure BB would give an injury prone player a big contract.
As a coach, Marvin is a Marvin.

"Ray Lewis killed a COUPLE guyS"

Yep. I heard it was a newlywed couple. I seen it in the paper.

See, its starting as I said it would. Rather than pay for therapy and psych meds, Atlanta and other fans will wind up here.

Or in straight jackets some where.
Welcome to the real McCoy.

Crap, I'm considered a "bandwagoner" because I've only been a fan for the last 16 years of winning, superbowls, Brady, BB, etc. I guess I'll start using the Burkhead reason now for being here.

What an odd player to follow from team to team. Welcome anyway.

Ahhhh...Not so odd as you might think, Kontra....Given the rather bizarre and frankly psychotic premise of tying one's Loyalty to a single Player, that is. o_O

Big Falcon fan all my life. Disappointed over and over. When Pats scored and made it 28-20 I knew it was over. Lol. Jeez it's the Falcons right? I saw something in this guy at the citrus bowl. Had his jersey since it came out. Lol. All my buddies make fun of me for having a "man crush". Write it down. He is the real deal. Runs, catches, blocks and even tackles. Oh yeah. He's got a good arm also. Bill definitely knows unused talent.

Sorry, Man, but I've got very little Respect for anyone who bails on'is Team for any Reason. That Team is a Manifestation of your Region: Your Family, your Friends, your Neighbors, and all the History and Character of your Region: The Ties that Bind. I could've been born in 1919 and died in 2003, and I never would've rooted for any BaseBall Team but the RedSox. Why? Because it's about the Journey.

You may win, or you may lose, but it's an Experience that you share...with your Team, with your Family, with your Friends, and with your Neighbors.

Win or lose, nothing beats that Camaraderie.

I hate to admit it but I kind of liked Elway a bit during the 80s unless he was playing the Pats, and as a result I did not hate the Broncos really until the Brady era.

I did not hate the Broncos until the South Park Era.

Actually, I don't go so far as to hate any Team.

But seriously: #$%& the Broncos.

Born and raised outside Hotlanta. Falcon fan = hope, hope, excitement, excitement, disappointment, disappointment. Sure hoped the Bengals would win "because of Burkhead".
Now hope the Patriots win "because of Burkhead". I'll still root for the Falcons and I'll get more hope, excitement and dissapointment.

Uh huh...:rolleyes:

We really need to think about vetting New Members.

Lol. I don't think any Patriot need to worry about a falcon. Atlanta. I think one championship (braves) in all their history.
you sound like a fair weather falcons fan.

you sound like a fair weather falcons fan.

Fixed that for you.

Atlanta is a pretty bad market for sports teams. From what I've read, there are a ton of transplants there and little connection to the local market. Yes, the Falcons have done well with sales, coinciding with the drafting of Matt Ryan and the good years. But during the poor ones? Not so much.

The Hawks have had problems with attendance. The Braves had a great run of success but only led the league in attendance once. It isn't part of the culture or identity or any of those things that others have referenced.

I dunno, man. I could never see myself as a fan of just one player then follow them around and become a fan of that team throughout his career. I mean, I get that mindset, it's just that I could never do that.

Welcome to the dark side!
If Brady left the Patriots, I'd still root for the Pats to beat his team every time!:cool:

Fandom isn't something you just switch on and of like a light switch. It's not like a marriage where you get divorced and find someone new. It is a lifetime contract. If you are frustrated with your team you can disavow them. I did it with the Bruins for a while. Jacobs makes me want to vomit. You can't just choose a new team. I was rooting hard for the Cubs last year, but I'm not a Cubs fan. Same thing here- you are a Burkhead fan, not a Pats fan. When he is gone in a year or two so will you be.

F. You. Came over to tell you about what a great player you're getting. That's all. Kiss it please.

F. You. Came over to tell you about what a great player you're getting. That's all. Kiss it please.
Some people are very sensitive about "fandom" here. Thanks for telling us about Burkhead. I am looking forward to watching him as the next BB project who was underused on his old team, and breaks out as a star here. Can't wait for the season to start.

There are more than a few "true" fans here that still cling tight to their thoughts of Burkhead being signed as a Bolden replacement...LMAO (and no he's not here to be a special teams maven)
Clueless. The guy was signed to compete for starting RB snaps. Can't see how anyone who is a supposed "fan" can miss that.
Don't let the haters deter you Turry, the folks that know what Burkhead can potentially be respect your your thoughts, bro.

Don't let them chase you away @Turry66 . Tell us more. The big question is why wasn't he getting the ball in Cincy?

I've been having a discussion at my weekly poker game with a Pats fan who sees no value at all with Burkhead. I like what little I've seen and think he's going to be a big surprise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes