PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW -Mt. Cody 370 lbs. @ Senior Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Mt. Cody play out of position most of the senior bowl and watching how none of the north's O-line could move Cody off the LOS, I think it is imperative that B draft this kid and stick him in the middle.

And while I have slight concern about his stamina, I think the announcers said it best, "Cody is a B gap to B Gap beast with the feet to handle the middle. Works best in a 3-4 defense."

I watched Dan Williams and thought that as a 4-3 DT, he fits nicely, but as a 3-4 NT he plays on skates too much.

Odrick grew on me somewhat during this game. However like Warren, he would need at least a year to work on technique and strength before he could man the DE spot in the base defense.

Scott Wright from NFLdraftcountdown had this to say about Cody's performance in the Senior Bowl game:

"Say what you want about Alabama NT Terrence Cody’s but he is a darn good player. Despite all of the criticism about his weight this week Cody had a terrific game, finishing with 1.5 tackles for a loss and forcing a fumble. On one goalline play Cody reestablished the line of scrimmage and stuffed LeGarrette Blount. At one point Cody also displayed a nice little spin move as a pass rusher, which was unexpected. I don't know how teams in search of a 3-4 nose could not like Cody."

Draft Countdown's Senior Bowl Coverage - 1/30/10 Game Report

Scott Wright from NFLdraftcountdown had this to say about Cody's performance in the Senior Bowl game:

"Say what you want about Alabama NT Terrence Cody’s but he is a darn good player. Despite all of the criticism about his weight this week Cody had a terrific game, finishing with 1.5 tackles for a loss and forcing a fumble. On one goalline play Cody reestablished the line of scrimmage and stuffed LeGarrette Blount. At one point Cody also displayed a nice little spin move as a pass rusher, which was unexpected. I don't know how teams in search of a 3-4 nose could not like Cody."

Draft Countdown's Senior Bowl Coverage - 1/30/10 Game Report

Thank you! This is what I have been saying for nearly two years. BB needs to draft this kid. Period. He is a true impact player.

He made McClain and Hightower look like superstars, because he sucked up double and triple teams like nothing I have ever seen before and he can not be moved off the LOS.

Like the announcers said B gap to B gap - he owns that real prime estate! That is exactly what we need. How much better could "Lack of Big Play" Mayo be, if he was free to roam with his 4.5 speed? (PS: if we had a decent ILB coach to teach Mayo how to tackle moving forward that would be so much better for us.)

In a perfect world we come out of this draft with as many Alabama players as possible.

NT - Mt. Cody
ILB - McClain
OG - Johnson
CB - Jackson
PR - Arreanas
TE - Peek
DE - Deaderick
DE - Washington
SS - Woodall

All these guys KNOW our defense; KNOW our calls and signals: have 3 years experience in our defense.

Although Jared Odrick has had an excellent practice week by all reports, I'm still overwhelmed with him and don't see any dominant classic 3-4 DE, unless Alex Carrington can put on 15 more lbs and play DE for us. I like the idea of using Cody or Dan Williams at DE (or at DT with Wilfork at DE) much better.

If Williams was 3 inches taller, I would love to see him at DE for us. But right now I think he plays on skates too much and he would be easily hooked inside when going against larger OT's.

If Carrington had longer arms, he might be perfect with more sand in his pants.

Odrick is intriguing, but would need a ton of technique work. It might take 8 - 20 games before he is truly ready to play DE in our base defense, provided he gets stronger; much stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back