PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade the 14th overall pick for Jerry Jeudy?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trade #14th overall for Jeudy?

• Yes

• No

• RLKAG

• RLK2G+

Results are only viewable after voting.
How is this worth the 14th pick overall?
View attachment 50463
Jerry Jeudy was the 15th overall selection once and Denver haven't been exactly a QB haven. I mean Flacco - Bridewater and Lock...yuck.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Jeudy is a talented WR but one of the reasons you don't give up a first rounder for him is because his rookie contract has only one year left. You would be getting good value for a year, and then he's just like any one of dozens of mid level WR's.

Jeudy is a talented WR but one of the reasons you don't give up a first rounder for him is because his rookie contract has only one year left. You would be getting good value for a year, and then he's just like any one of dozens of mid level WR's.
Two with the Fifth year option.

a first round pick for a WR whose contract is about to expire? As my pal Rick James used to say.. Cocaine is a helluva drug

Nobody is giving Denver a 1st rd pick for guy with only 2 seasons left on his rookie contract. Plus his production isn't worth it and 2 healthy scratches last year.
Only 1 season left. He is second round pick I presume.

He has same stats as Meyers over last 3 years . Meyers fails the eye test while Jeudy looks fantastic . That's the difference . Is he worth a 1st. Absolutely not. We can sign him next year for the same contract without trading a draft pick . A late 2nd or early 3rd is acceptable. 14th is reserved for the best WR in the draft . Jeudy is not a difference maker like AJ brown .
He doesn't have the same stats as Meyers. His yards per catch, yards per game and yards per target are all significantly higher and he's had even worse QB play. His only issues are the injuries, otherwise the kid is a really good player that's poised to have a true breakout season with a better passing game around him.

Cousins,
Nice Thursday breakfast of a American cheese and veggie omelet with all-grain toast and natural wild blueberry jelly, OJ and coffee with peppermint mocha sweetener.

I am in the Jeudy camp because he is a candidate for #1 WR. JuJu is a #2 guy. JuJu does not scare any D Coordinators. You don't have to game plan for any of our WR. Still can't see why the Hopkins thing does not work. Even OBJ if he is more realistic. Jeudy has familiarity with Jones and this system. He was with many different QBs with varying skills at Denver.....mostly bad. Can he be the #1 WR here?

Jeudy was rated in the top twenty best WR in the NFL (betcha didn't know that? I did not) He was tied with Tee Higins. He was targeted deep on 26.0 percent of his targets, which was the ninth-highest rate in the NFL Yep and 2nd and a 6th would work or a 2nd and a 4th if he stays beyond 2024.

We need a threat. Loved Meyers but was not game schemed by other Teams. Thielen would get most receptions is we could sign him.He still has a couple years.

I have a wild card with a chip on his shoulder. If we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking for camp fodder WR, why not try Kenny Golliday who was paid a ton by the NYG and was a flop? He's only 29 and perhaps he revives his career?

Thoughts?

DW Toys

Cousins,
Nice Thursday breakfast of a American cheese and veggie omelet with all-grain toast and natural wild blueberry jelly, OJ and coffee with peppermint mocha sweetener.

I am in the Jeudy camp because he is a candidate for #1 WR. JuJu is a #2 guy. JuJu does not scare any D Coordinators. You don't have to game plan for any of our WR. Still can't see why the Hopkins thing does not work. Even OBJ if he is more realistic. Jeudy has familiarity with Jones and this system. He was with many different QBs with varying skills at Denver.....mostly bad. Can he be the #1 WR here?

Jeudy was rated in the top twenty best WR in the NFL (betcha didn't know that? I did not) He was tied with Tee Higins. He was targeted deep on 26.0 percent of his targets, which was the ninth-highest rate in the NFL Yep and 2nd and a 6th would work or a 2nd and a 4th if he stays beyond 2024.

We need a threat. Loved Meyers but was not game schemed by other Teams. Thielen would get most receptions is we could sign him.He still has a couple years.

I have a wild card with a chip on his shoulder. If we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking for camp fodder WR, why not try Kenny Golliday who was paid a ton by the NYG and was a flop? He's only 29 and perhaps he revives his career?

Thoughts?

DW Toys
Agree with all of this. Jeudy is young, has upper tier potential and has been productive on a per target basis with absolute dreck at QB. He's a a guy just waiting to be unlocked as an established great receiver and has two years of control for cheap. This whole thing about having to pay him soon is meaningless, in 2023 you're not getting great receiving production on a discount, forget about that. You either accept that reality or be content with the Meyers/Schuster's of the world as your number one option.

Seems all the signings so far are complimentary players, and the Pats are hanging on to their stash for either Hopkins, OBJ or Jeudy.. the only way I would give up the 14th pick for Jeudy would a sign and trade deal that does not send this team into cap hell..

He has a strange gait when running that causes him to fall/lose his footing a lot out of his breaks, I'm not as high on Jeudy as many are. Solid player but I'm not down to trade 14 for him.

Atleast a 1st rounder is the supposed ask. It appears every fourth post on this board right now seem to be hope for Jeudy, even after the Smith-Schuster add. Would you do it?

Ray Lewis killed at least two guys.

Final offer a Second and a Fourth for Jerry Jeudy we keep our First.

Agree with all of this. Jeudy is young, has upper tier potential and has been productive on a per target basis with absolute dreck at QB. He's a a guy just waiting to be unlocked as an established great receiver and has two years of control for cheap. This whole thing about having to pay him soon is meaningless, in 2023 you're not getting great receiving production on a discount, forget about that. You either accept that reality or be content with the Meyers/Schuster's of the world as your number one option.
Some people have this thing with paying players. Like it's there money or you can't get creative with cap pretty easily.

One issue is a lot of fans are stuck in the 2010's when it comes to paying players and which positions are important. The WR position is as important as any not named QB in today's game.

As its been pointed out. You're not getting a WR of Jeudys caliber in this year's draft. His #'s aren't bad for what he's been dealing with. Basically just shy of 1k with Lock and Wilson. Versatile threat that can play inside and outside. 14 is a little too high but you can't worry about 10 draft spots when your desperate.

Final offer: a Second and a 2024 Fourth for Jerry Jeudy we keep our First.
...with that 2024 4th being sent Only on the condition that he re-signs here.

p.s.: Has his 2024 option been picked-up?

Some people have this thing with paying players. Like it's there money or you can't get creative with cap pretty easily.

One issue is a lot of fans are stuck in the 2010's when it comes to paying players and which positions are important. The WR position is as important as any not named QB in today's game.

As its been pointed out. You're not getting a WR of Jeudys caliber in this year's draft. His #'s aren't bad for what he's been dealing with. Basically just shy of 1k with Lock and Wilson. Versatile threat that can play inside and outside. 14 is a little too high but you can't worry about 10 draft spots when your desperate.
That's my thinking too Bacon: Trade 14 pick up at least pick another Second Rounder Trade the First for Jerry Jeudy WR problems solved. We Eliminate the dreaded Draft route in that scenario.

Hell no, he has zero 1k seasons and 9 total touchdowns. Just draft a WR if you're going to do that.

Would you trade that 1 for him if you could be sure he'd get 1,000 yards and 6 TD's?

Because thats the trajectory he is on.. He basically had that stat line last season: 972 yards and 6 TD's with poor QB play, in 15 games.

I'd trade for Higgins at this point

Not sure there is that surefire #1 stud in this years draft outside of maybe Quenton Johnson, so trading for a proven commodity could be the way to go. Then could move up into 2nd or 3rd round to get a solid CB and OT to groom with Rief providing them veteran guidance

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back