PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you give up a 2nd for Leonard Williams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

It’s more of a hypothetical since it’s unlikely the Jets would ever ship him to us.

Probably worth closer to that value than you may realize. Jets have not used him properly in their system.
No way he is worth 14 mill. He doesn’t have 14 mill talent or do 14 mill kinda things.

No way he is worth 14 mill. He doesn’t have 14 mill talent or do 14 mill kinda things.
He was thought to be a top 3 pick that people thought the Jets stole at number 6. I think the talent IS there.

The Jets are way under the cap so they're likely to pay him but at this point I don't think he's worth 14M. One thing to note is he does have a relationship with Willie, USC ties, so if he does hit the market after next year maybe he can influence him.

This is a perfect example of how players have no intrinsic trade value. You’re trading for the contract along with the player, and this player on this contract has exactly 0 trade value.

He was thought to be a top 3 pick that people thought the Jets stole at number 6. I think the talent IS there.
I mean if you want to evaluate people by a generic opinion of where they should be drafted and ignore his actual play you could argue anything.
If he is worth 14 mill and a steal at #6 why are the jets getting rid of him?

Good player. Not giving up more than a third unless he’s willing to sign a long term deal.

I mean if you want to evaluate people by a generic opinion of where they should be drafted and ignore his actual play you could argue anything.
If he is worth 14 mill and a steal at #6 why are the jets getting rid of him?

Scheme I’d like to personally say, his 2016 season he was destructive as anything. He would be a great fit to pair up with Trey Flowers if we keep him.

Not worth $14m. No way. Good player IMO. Not game changing. hes not Richard Seymour

If he wants to accept a salary 1/2 that then maybe

Cap numbers are only continuing to rise.

14 million likely won’t seem as crazy once multiple DE’s are getting paid 20 million per year this offseason.

I do think 14 is too steep, but I’d absolutely pay him 10 mill per year.

14 million likely won’t seem as crazy once multiple DE’s are getting paid 20 million per year this offseason.
Agree but hes not worth $14m

2nd rounder is too much, maybe a 3rd if desperate, but he is not worth a 14 million dollar cap hit

I’m not giving up a high pick unless a contract extension is worked out beforehand.

Do they ever actually draft and retain lottery players on reasonable terms? They’ve now dumped everyone except Wilkerson, who quickly ate himself out of the league. Everything they do is like the bizarro Patriots. Seriously how can you have a top 10 pick for like eight straight years but have no good players on your roster? I can guarantee Adams either leaves or signs some absurd $20M per year deal and then stops trying.

they do continue to rise but currently his cap number would be ranked 7th highest for next year. Based on current production its an overpay and then add in the fact you surrender a draft pick. You pay guys based on what you think they will do though, so if BB really feels like hes worth the price then he should do it I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes