PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you draft Groves at 9 or 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. If true this is troubling. This should have its own thread. There are many of us who really like Groves.

I'm one of them. Definitely going to drop his stock I think. Now I'm going to be a bit nervous if the Pats take him and that stinks.

It probably will hurt his stock. As previously mentioned, some of the scouts projecting him as going later in the draft likely already knew about this.

Now that the issue has been corrected, he should be perfectly fine, but I'm not sure many teams like the idea of drafting someone in the first round, if they've had this surgery, combined with having dislocated toes in 2007.

I kind of feel bad for Quentin, and everything he's gone through the past year, or so.

Still, if he does fall, I hope it's into a Patriots uniform.

YES! I love Groves. He killed us (the Gators) everytime we played. I would, without a doubt, take him at #7.

YES! I love Groves. He killed us (the Gators) everytime we played. I would, without a doubt, take him at #7.

Yeah, but how about his bowl game, man? On the, arguably, most crucial play in the final game of his collegiate career, he was dawdling around and unprepared for the snap. He looked like a little league outfielder as the ball was snapped. And that wasn't out of character.

I'll grant him a slip'n'slide forgiveness till wind stops blowing about his injuries. Frank Gore could talk to a Cadillac all day about that.

On the field, his head is in the clouds and his, well, f'ed up feet are on the ground.

He'll be a productive player, for sure. He'll prolly make SC top-10 a few times. But the rest of the time, the fanbase of whatever team drafts him will ranting to the rafters about the rest of his frustrating behavior that they will soon come to know. I hope I'm not a part of said fanbase, and for Mr. Groves' sake, I hope this is a buffoonish post to be mocked later.

And LSU fans can also say the exact same thing from from that remarkable game 2 seasons ago. And maybe someone would like to chat with Saban about Groves and the definition of disruption in the back field.

I am HUGE Groves fan. Whoever scouted him and said he is slow off the line is either a terrible scout or only watched those games in which Groves played with dislocated toes.

As for the bowl game, I thought he did quite well considering he was half OLB half DE. I do not think Groves played badly at all, but I do think he was out of position and very uncomfortable.

All that being said however, heart value surgery takes Groves off my 1st round list completely. If he is there in the second, I would be cautionsly delighted.

And LSU fans can also say the exact same thing from from that remarkable game 2 seasons ago. And maybe someone would like to chat with Saban about Groves and the definition of disruption in the back field.

I am HUGE Groves fan. Whoever scouted him and said he is slow off the line is either a terrible scout or only watched those games in which Groves played with dislocated toes.

As for the bowl game, I thought he did quite well considering he was half OLB half DE. I do not think Groves played badly at all, but I do think he was out of position and very uncomfortable.

All that being said however, heart value surgery takes Groves off my 1st round list completely. If he is there in the second, I would be cautionsly delighted.

I don't really care about that heart valve problem. There have been players that play in the league with bad hearts. Bruschi could be considered stroke prone and he's still playing. I would be delighted if Groves fell to us in the second round, but I would still take him in round 1 in a heartbeat. That's how much I like the guy (and this is difficult for me to say as a Gator fan, but I have to admit that Auburn owns us).

I don't really care about that heart valve problem. There have been players that play in the league with bad hearts. Bruschi could be considered stroke prone and he's still playing. I would be delighted if Groves fell to us in the second round, but I would still take him in round 1 in a heartbeat. That's how much I like the guy (and this is difficult for me to say as a Gator fan, but I have to admit that Auburn owns us).

I wish I had your faith/guts/determination.

But hey look on the bright side, you guys have Tebow for another year and Groves, Cox, Sims and company are all graduating. 2008 could be your year in the SEC?
PS: Watch out for SC, they could be a surprise team this year.

I wish I had your faith/guts/determination.

But hey look on the bright side, you guys have Tebow for another year and Groves, Cox, Sims and company are all graduating. 2008 could be your year in the SEC?
PS: Watch out for SC, they could be a surprise team this year.

Believe me, we've had to watch out for SC ever since Spurrier arrived on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes