PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Patriots consider bringing back Jamie Collins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I’d see Patrick Chung back in a Pats uniform. But here he is having another successful season after not being resigned years ago.

Guess it’s kind of smart to always leave your bridges open because you never know what lies in your future and beyond.

We’ll see what Bill does?
Huh? He's been here for like, forever.

It seemed like BB just booted him out the door.

I can't remember feeling that with any other player who didn't have an off field issue.

Oh man, that's right... add that to the weird sex tape he made, and you have one questionable dude.

I never saw his winkie. I should have. Just to say "I've seen a Patriots' player ****." Because then I'd have something in common with Lisa Olson.

He left to go play with Philadelphia and then came back.
Yeah, one year. It's not like he was gone for 4 years, like Deion. But whatever. Stupid thing to argue about. You can have it.

idk...rivers had a good angle on Collins..it's not like he overpowered him.
Bottom line. If BB wants JC, there's probably a good reason for it.
Man that clip was prime Collins freelancing. His job was to contain. If he contains there are two guys to stop the ball carrier short of the first down. But he ducks inside, gets blocked by Rivers, and the guy gets the first down.

Cutting bad effort plays by Collins seems to have become a cottage industry in Cleveland.

Way too passive. If that was Roberts, High or KVN they would have taken one look at Rivers, charged at him and he'd be blown up and on the ground. Zero aggression or intensity.
Nobody doubted Rivers' toughness. Playing w a torn ACL in a playoff game versus Pats proved that.. Not afraid to block, unlike.....

I've seen way too many embarrassing plays from him posted here (via twitter).

So no thanks.

Hopefully Belichick has seen them too.

COLLINS
images

Don't think it's going to happen, I'd be for it though if it finally means saying goodbye to Roberts.

Belichick doesn't like players who take missteps ... Collins takes many of them them.
Along with taking plays off ... earns him the distinction of he's a sled.

Despite being a freak athlete, he plays older than Hightower who has gone through numerous injuries. I'm gonna say no to Collins, he looks arguably worse than Elandon Roberts.

BB got rid of him mid season for a reason. That reason hasn't suddenly changed 3 years later...

Don't think it's going to happen, I'd be for it though if it finally means saying goodbye to Roberts.
Lol you really don't care for Roberts at all. What did you think of his play during the playoffs?

BB got rid of him mid season for a reason. That reason hasn't suddenly changed 3 years later...

Agreed Joker.
JC had the tools and with the elevated discipline mantra under BB, I suspect JC was able to excel on a more frequent basis. Without it JC had his highlight rell moments but I'd bet even more frequently now showed himself to be a liability.

BB is also all about 'I need you to do A. If you keep trying to do B then I'll C you off to another team'. I'm guessing that's the underlying reason for the departure of JC. And unless his release from the Browns brought about that come to jesus/cathartic moment (buying into 'I need to focus completely on doing A' required by BB), the possibility of his return would seem DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes