PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a Celtics title make up for it?

No, but we'll take it anyway. I'm sure something like this has been said already, but these threads approach infinite length. :D

I think it would be a terrific sports story, from worst to first capped off with a championship.

Twenty years is a long time between pit stops, so it would be nice to see. Also nice to see the new garden rocking like the old one used to. I was at game one and when Pierce hit those back to back threes, I thought the roof was going to blow off the building.

That said; would it make up for it? No, that loss is going to leave a mark for a long, long time, oh what could have been........

The only thing that would make up for 'it' would be another trip to the Superbowl and a victory this year. Then we can vindicate the offensive like Red Sox fans vindicated Bill Buckner after they won the World Series.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Celtics and as much as I have enjoyed this season, nothing will make up for last year's super bowl loss. I am still in denial about it.

What super bowl loss?:D

The fact that they are a mere 2 plays from having 5 SB trophies along with a perfect season is disappointing at best, but you can't change it and you can't make up for it. You can only accept it and cherish the next one, if and when it comes.

That is why I'm going to relish a Celtics title if and when they get it. It will soften the SB loss somewhat, and a Finals loss will accentuate the SB loss. That doesn't keep me from enjoying it, though.

We're also a mere 2 plays away from having 1 super bowl...the glass is half empty, so don't ruin it for me!:mad:

Last edited:
We're also a mere 2 plays away from having 1 super bowl...the glass is half empty, so don't ruin it for me!:mad:
Guessing "the tuck rule" play is one. What's the other one? Some play Steve McNair could have made in the divisional game in 2003 to beat the Patriots?

I'm a Laker fan and i don't think that Celtics is going to win.

It could never make up for that day I shall never speak of.
HOWEVER, it would be nice to see all of the Boston sports haters have to deal with another title for Boston.
Remember that ESPN poll? Wasn't one of the things they asked people was if they wanted to see KG break a leg? They had to apologize too.
So screw them all, it would be sweet.

I'm a Laker fan and i don't think that Celtics is going to win.

You didn't have to say it. We could tell by your grammatical expertise.

Guessing "the tuck rule" play is one. What's the other one? Some play Steve McNair could have made in the divisional game in 2003 to beat the Patriots?

I'm referring to winning 2 SB's in the waning seconds on a long field goal. Both could easily have been missed....you can add the tuck rule as well

A Celtics title might make up for this thread.

Lakers is going to be finished if they don't win the next 3 games. If they do that, we probably see game 6 or 7.

Last edited:
Lakers is going to be finished if they don't win the next 3 games. If they do that, we probably see game 6 or 7.

WTF is that supposed to mean? :confused:

If they win the next 3 games it is a $1,000,000,000,000 GUARANTEE there will be a game 6 AT LEAST! :rolleyes:

it's what I said.

There will be game 7 if we have 3-3 record.

Thats NOT what you said obviously you did not go back to your post,Go back and read the part about 'Probably 6 - or 7 games' - Game 6 is a definite if the Lakers win all 3 - not probably :rolleyes:

Thats NOT what you said obviously you did not go back to your post,Go back and read the part about 'Probably 6 - or 7 games' - Game 6 is a definite if the Lakers win all 3 - not probably :rolleyes:

HAHAHA - I swear that guy must be pulling our leg.

Either that or he's a reincarnation of Latka from "Taxi".

Oh my god, the malapropisms are so great.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back