PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
I've said this for a while now but I believe Chandler Jones is easily a top 3 pick from Bill. Guy is a borderline HOF even people don't know it.
I do not blame Belichick for being more than a little freaked out by what happened that night that Chandler took some kind of drug. Hard to invest in a guy that shows up in public out of sorts and undressed.

This is clearly the reason we got practically nothing for him in a trade.

Chandler Jones was the absolute prototype for a stud DE in the Belichick system. Tall, fast, strong, excellent pass rushing skills.

If Obie goes empty that often with this offensive Line, then Mac’s either gonna get IRed or become so skittish as to be rendered useless.

I say that this O-line will give up fewer sacks and fewer pressures than last year. And they gave up 41 sacks and 110 pressures overall.

I say that this O-line will give up fewer sacks and fewer pressures than last year. And they gave up 41 sacks and 110 pressures overall.
And I'm guessing there were several OL's that gave up over 50.

So were was our OL rated in these 2 stats?

And I'm guessing there were several OL's that gave up over 50.

So were was our OL rated in these 2 stats?

For Sacks Allowed - 18th
For total Pressures - 8th best (yes, I double checked this twice. Car, San Fran, Atl, NOLA, TB, Bal, GB gave up fewer)..

What's disconcerting is that teams didn't have to blitz the Patriots much to get the pressures they did. They blitzed the Pats the 4th fewest times in the league.
The Avg. pocket time was just 2.2 seconds (tied for worst in the league) Now.. best in the league was only 2.6 seconds for 5 teams (KC, Atl, Cle, LV, Chi).

I understood why he was traded - the incident at the Foxborough PD was the final straw - and thought that the compensation was ok… But then Notgoat has to draft Cyrus the Virus…

They took Cyrus with their own pick. They traded the 2nd they got from the Jones deal to the Saints for 3rd and 4th rounders which ended up Joe Thuney and Malcolm Mitchell. I had high hopes for Jonathan Cooper from that trade too, he didn't make it out of camp if I remember correctly

They took Cyrus with their own pick. They traded the 2nd they got from the Jones deal to the Saints for 3rd and 4th rounders which ended up Joe Thuney and Malcolm Mitchell. I had high hopes for Jonathan Cooper from that trade too, he didn't make it out of camp if I remember correctly

Thanks for the correction on the draft sequence… And yeah I had hoped that Cooper would help some too; after all, he was like the 8TH overall pick or something just 3 years earlier…

Thanks for the correction on the draft sequence… And yeah I had hoped that Cooper would help some too; after all, he was like the 8TH overall pick or something just 3 years earlier…
You're full of crap. You skewered BB for the trade and you absolutely HATED Cooper.

I actually feel bad for this kid. I feel for any little kid being pushed into tackle football at a young age. It's needless and reckless but this is some shameful **** going on.

This father is clearly living through his kid. Only thinking about attention and short term gains. He's contacting anyone with an email, Twitter, IG, Facebook and begging for attention.
20230612_111639.jpg20230612_111914.jpg20230612_122804.jpg

20230612_111550.jpg

And the problem is none of this is real. Like the kid is a decent little player but he doesn't look "special" if we're being objective and brutally honest. He's very good but anyone who knows anything about sports, football. Knows what's, what.

Some younger kids standout but most if not all catch up by HS. This kid is in the 3rd grade lol what do you seriously think you can tell at that age? 1)Football doesn't have prodigies that young. 2)You don't need to play football at a young age to be good later. It can actually hurt you. Even in HS you have to dominate. If you do there's a good chance you'll dominate in college if you're truly a cut above but kids are kids at that age.

I mean to each their own but there's no advantage or benefit to playing football that young. Again it can hurt you with injuries, concussions etc and football probably has the worst coaching out of the main sports at that level. One of the reasons is football isn't a "skill" game besides QB. The saying "you can't make the club from the tub" is truest in football. Hockey is a skill sport. Baseball is a skill sport. Basketball especially nowadays. You have guys like Benn (hockey) who come on late but these kids are absolutely next level skilled by 16-18 yo.
Football, save for QB. You need to be really really ****in tough and a little nuts. Durability, mental/physical toughness, pain tolerance and on are all more important than "skills."
Ofc all players need technique, nuance to their game but it's simply not as important than being a ****in savage. Genes > skills in football save QB. Pass rushers need to use stride length and hand work, OL need to use feints and footwork. WR need to understand leverage blah blah blah. It's not as important as being a physical specimen that can handle and dish out tremendous amounts of pain.
Point is you can work on catching, do all the drills you want but you're not transforming yourself into a 6'4/240 badass that can run, hit, catch going 20 mph and jumping almost 40 inches. You're born with 99.99999% or you're not.

The kid is a stud and should be proud of himself! He's handling himself well considering his father is pimping him out. I just hate how the dad is handling this. Colleges aren't inviting him in bc hes a real prospect. They're getting paid and pub from it. I'm not hating on the kid at all. I just hope he's not burnt out by 16 and is footballs Conner Bedard (hockey phenom) but I have my doubts. This stuff is made up by a higher power and the kid themselves. Parenting only goes so far and this type ain't it. He's putting a target on his child in one of the more physical sports ever. Even today football is brutal. I hope his kid has others around him looking out for his best interest.

That's WAY too high a % for a RB like the Rham... I'm hoping to see Robinson & Strong cut that in half to save him for the 3rd/3s or less...
are you forgetting the rocket IDIOT calling the plays last season?

I was on the road an hour or so ago and was listening to Moving the Chains... They're breaking-down & ranking the OLs of the league for the next couple of weeks, and did Cincinnati's today... I was hoping to piggy-back what I heard to my posted response to PFK about why trading for Jonah Williams was/is a good idea; but I can't seem to remember in which thread I left it...

One update they mentioned is that Williams might've rescinded his trade request and that he's now been recently quoted as saying he's gonna "kill it" at Right Tackle...

Couple of other things I learned:
He allowed 19 QB hits last year, including THIRTEEN sacks - the most of any LT!
He also appears to have an over-inflated opinion of himself; Pat Kirwin recalls a quote he made during his draft process, that he has "a book" on all the EDs already in the league... "Reading or writing a book on the NFL's pass-rushers ISN'T the same as having to face them, son!" Needless to say, those two do not exchange Christmas cards...

Kirwin & Jim Miller also love the Bengals' depth of quality & experience, and said the same thing I did in my response: if all of their linemen excluding La'el Collins make it through TC healthy, then they're gonna be Sellers on Cut-Down Day; and the one they would trade is: Jonah Williams...

I think something as low as a Day 3 pick-swap can git 'er done now, similar to the Elmanure trade...

And finally, my apologies to Matt Light for comparing Williams to him; I'm guessing that ol' Matt never allowed even double-digit sacks in Any of his 11 seasons here, never mind the 13 Williams allowed last season... Having said that, I still maintain that Williams would be our best Left Tackle the moment he steps on our practice field.

Bit unfair to seek out posts from mere hours before Robinson getting axed
Apologies to cap if he didn't know.

His post was made a hour or so after Yates posted the cut. Cap probably didn't see it yet. In any case, I didn't look for the time of cap's post.
==========
My comment was more to remind cap that Montgomery is here to stay.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back