PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Your "opinion" doesn't seem to be based on reality. The fact that you think Jack is a "lesser" version of Jackson after just 1 season screams of someone just stat reading with little to no understanding of the game.
Given his run-in with Belichick, I'm not even sure than Jack Jones will be a starter, or even on the team.

I think he can play a little outside but his skill set just works so much better from the slot. I think he can give a 100-150 snaps at Z. And his release package is insane. I won't have a "14" grade on him but close enough. He reminds me of Kupp and Edleman. 80-90% of them is worth a 1st.

Kupp was R3 and Edelman was R7. Kupp dropped for the same reasons JSN should drop - limited top end speed. Kupp ended up being a MVP - no way to know that pre-draft. Is JSN a MVP type too? If yes, #14 is OK, but seems like a risk for a limited WR. Or maybe the 2023 WR class stinks this year?

Hey, @BCG, have you done any work on Kancey. Does he have a chance to become the next Aaron Donald or is he just Aaron Donald -lite?
Definitely not AD. Donald had a better body and longer arms (CK are 30.5). More noticeable play strength. AD was a bit thicker or wider and did a much better job not allowing OL inside his #'s. That's one of the more noticeable differences between them. I believe NFL IOL will have an easier getting inside but hands on him in general. Both undersized but Kancey's lack of size is more evident in general. He's got sweet cod skills but not as lethal laterally. Hands arent as developed. Just don't see the same HOF/Elite prospect I had graded with AD.

Another thing that doesn't get talked about enough or brought up is scheme. Like Baylor or Tenn on offense. It's just different. At times those two offenses will ignore half the field. You won't see the QB look one way and WRs will basically just stand there.

They really allowed him to sell out. Tons of games and twists up front. Lived with hit or miss in the run game. Press/quarters - zone that made Tyman a name a few years ago. I know a few posters here really liked him. So the scheme is just really favorable to pressure and games up front.

If you love him and have a D that's championship level. Take a shot in the 20's but he's a 2nd RD guy for me.

Your "opinion" doesn't seem to be based on reality. The fact that you think Jack is a "lesser" version of Jackson after just 1 season screams of someone just stat reading with little to no understanding of the game.

Jones currently has to be played in a way that accounts for his inability to keep contain and tackle running backs. He's a ball hawk, like Jackson was here. Jackson ended his first season as a key part of the best defensive backfield in the league. Jones trended down as the year went on. I don't know how one could make the case that they're on the same level after their rookie seasons. Jack Jones has potential and has shown that he can stick in the league, but thinking it's absurd to say he's behind Jackson at the same point in their careers doesn't match the facts.

Kupp was R3 and Edelman was R7. Kupp dropped for the same reasons JSN should drop - limited top end speed. Kupp ended up being a MVP - no way to know that pre-draft. Is JSN a MVP type too? If yes, #14 is OK, but seems like a risk for a limited WR. Or maybe the 2023 WR class stinks this year?
I think he'll make a living in the slot but he'll play a lot of Z here bc duties overlap more than teams. His release package is insane he can play 125-150 snaps there imo.

The 40 is an interesting drill bc it's measured in parts. Kupp didn't run well in shorts but the Rams put GPS on him for the SR bowl and saw he accelerated and separated as well as anyone.

I see a lot of peak Kupp and Edleman in JSN.

This draft should be real simple for bb and company, draft Jordan Addison!!!!! He is a playmaker.

This draft should be real simple for bb and company, draft Jordan Addison!!!!! He is a playmaker.
C'mon bro you spam the same post all year talking about 4 prospects.

We've never drafted a WR that light/small. Doubt we spend a premium pick on an outlier for us.

C'mon bro you spam the same post all year talking about 4 prospects.

We've never drafted a WR that light/small. Doubt we spend a premium pick on an outlier for us.

He is going to bust a nut on draft night when the Pats skip over Addison.

One word: LOVE
That's a grand slam. What everyone truly wants. Perfect value, more picks where the most value is at and many needs met.

I mentioned it yesterday when we had Forbes in twice for a visit. Marcus, Jack, Jon, Forbes, Dugger, Phillips, Peppers would be so fun to watch. Must see TV. That's a ton of INT/PBU/P6.

Trade down to get Wright.

Last edited:

One word: LOVE
I don’t understand those who think the Pats will draft Korsak. From what I’ve seen, his only experience is with roll-out punts. I can’t find many clips of him standing back with a deep drop and drilling a ball high/long with hangtime. Nearly all of his punts are rollouts with flat, low trajectories. That does not translate to the NFL. (Happy to be proven wrong here, maybe the guy has upside he didn’t get to show at the college level).

If the Patriots take a punter, it’s almost certainly going to be Michael Turk, who’s shown legitimate upside in pre-draft workouts.

"May 24, 2022
Post Rating:
Add bookmark
QB/PTP Thread

There are several potential #1 overall picks here if they put it all together. There's no doubt in my mind that guys like Richardson and Stroud will be in that convo with another good year by CJ or a consistent, start to finish, "best performance to date" from Richardson. He's extremely intriguing and NFL types will be drooling over him. 6'4/230 with a cannon arm and athleticism that'll help him hit 21 mph (everyone is running 20 +) He's raw but you can't teach that size & athleticism. Would not be surprised to see him make that jump."

Ben is younger, MUCH smarter, a lot more articulate and talented than I'll ever be but I've been waiting for him and the rest to catch up. Already around the corner on 24/25. Its not about being right (oh, its about being right). Its about being prepared and as educated as you can if you're placing a value a young prospect. Being right is fun and i joke about it but thats just a result from being prepared. I make it look easy being in line with the NFL but it's not easy. It's quite exhausting and has got much harder the more prospects I grade. It was much easier just focusing on 50-100 prospects but it's not easy with all the talent spread out.

There are several potential #1 overall picks here if they put it all together. There's no doubt in my mind that guys like Richardson and Stroud will be in that convo with another good year by CJ or a consistent, start to finish, "best performance to date" from Richardson. He's extremely intriguing and NFL types will be drooling over him. 6'4/230 with a cannon arm and athleticism that'll help him hit 21 mph (everyone is running 20 +) He's raw but you can't teach that size & athleticism. Would not be surprised to see him make that jump."

I am pretty intrigued by Richardson. You can't teach that size and athleticism. If you could just refine those tools, he could be a superstar in the NFL. Would BOB be able to mold such a young talent? I think so. I just don't think we'd move up that high to get him. Especially if Mac Jones stays in New England.

I'm not hating on Mac Jones, I just feel like his upside once he reaches his peak is maybe in the 10-15 range of NFL starting QBs. If Richardson actually hit his ceiling you could be talking about someone in the top 5. In other words he could be pretty special.

I mean look at Richardson's ridiculous RAS of 10/10 for the QB position... has that ever happened before?

Fsd-slIXgAAO9h0

"May 24, 2022
Post Rating:
Add bookmark
QB/PTP Thread

Ben is younger, MUCH smarter, a lot more articulate and talented than I'll ever be but I've been waiting for him and the rest to catch up. Already around the corner on 24/25. Its not about being right (oh, its about being right). Its about being prepared and as educated as you can if you're placing a value a young prospect. Being right is fun and i joke about it but thats just a result from being prepared. I make it look easy being in line with the NFL but it's not easy. It's quite exhausting and has got much harder the more prospects I grade. It was much easier just focusing on 50-100 prospects but it's not easy with all the talent spread out.

NE could trade up to 3rd overall with Arizona just by sending their 1st next year and a couple of their 4ths this year. If Richardson is still there at 3 I’d be thinking on that. You could make a similar deal with Houston for 2nd overall but would have to include your 2nd this year at a minimum, probably. Or a player with decent value.

Here's a nice film breakdown of Anthony Richardson on one of his big game performances:

He's got some rough edges and needs to iron out some consistency issues. But the arm talent and the dynamic playmaking are clearly there to see.

Polish up those mechanics, tighten up the decision-making, work on that platform and delivery, and Richardson could really shine at the NFL level.

Add his elite athleticism with that arm talent. Well, Richardson could be really special if developed properly.

Here's a nice film breakdown of Anthony Richardson on one of his big game performances:

He's got some rough edges and needs to iron out some consistency issues. But the arm talent and the dynamic playmaking are clearly there to see.

Polish up those mechanics, tighten up the decision-making, work on that platform and delivery, and Richardson could really shine at the NFL level.

Add his elite athleticism with that arm talent. Well, Richardson could be really special if developed properly.

I still have the jitters from Cam. Great athlete but never worked out because he did not read the defenses well and never was very accurate. Don't know if Richardson can overcome the same issues.

Couple of WR I really like that will there after RD1-2/3. There versatility to play all three WR positions and more just scream NEP.

Mingo is very intriguing bc of size and movements but has potential to line up everywhere next level. Big physical slot with nice footwork. Has 125 + snaps inline and is arguably the best blocker in the class. You can use him in a variety of ways. Vertical from slot, fades on press - nice tracking and body control, MOF target or schemed touches like screens or if you have him lining up inline/backfield. Can make you miss or carry you a few yards.

Reed is 5'10/190 and can play all three spots bc of his release package, tracking, ball skills, nuanced rr and ability to beat press/man. He can play some X imo and like ive said our slot/Z duties are similar. He could obviously do both of those. He can give you snaps returning too. Not a burner but love his acceleration in real games and he doesnt lose much if any on a restem or double or weaving. Very nice at the catch point for his size. Instant quickness. Hes a player.

Few others I really like after RD1/2 like Perry, Scott and Tillman (RD 2). Stanford boys but those two really jump out.

Couple of WR I really like that will there after RD1-2/3. There versatility to play all three WR positions and more just scream NEP.

Mingo is very intriguing bc of size and movements but has potential to line up everywhere next level. Big physical slot with nice footwork. Has 125 + snaps inline and is arguably the best blocker in the class. You can use him in a variety of ways. Vertical from slot, fades on press - nice tracking and body control, MOF target or schemed touches like screens or if you have him lining up inline/backfield. Can make you miss or carry you a few yards.

Reed is 5'10/190 and can play all three spots bc of his release package, tracking, ball skills, nuanced rr and ability to beat press/man. He can play some X imo and like ive said our slot/Z duties are similar. He could obviously do both of those. He can give you snaps returning too. Not a burner but love his acceleration in real games and he doesnt lose much if any on a restem or double or weaving. Very nice at the catch point for his size. Instant quickness. Hes a player.

Few others I really like after RD1/2 like Perry, Scott and Tillman (RD 2). Stanford boys but those two really jump out.
Good amount of depth at WR and TE, hopefully some of these guys are still there in the 4th when NE has three picks. I wish they had more than one pick in each of the first 3 rounds.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back