PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.

My mind is blown, because I was assured by some here Belichick just was being a vindictive, uptight meanie for banishing Guerrero from the team’s facilities and plane.

Nobody informed me that other top coaches may feel the same way about private coaches/trainers being omnipresent.

What's your thoughts on speed? You know much more than I do.

Like speak on the difference between that .5 or 1 mph from 20.5 to 21.5. Or 21 to 22 might be more interesting.

What's easier to achieve in terms of the best not on average if that makes sense? Like which area can really improve on in stand out in with proper genetics, training, luck etc. Acceleration or long speed??

What's your thoughts on these kids in T&F nowadays? I can't help but think it's a good thing. Just another form of development in terms of movement skills, strength etc Any negative thoughts?

It's just amazing how much the athlete has evolved the game or changed it. Short area quickness has just imprinted itself everywhere. The ability to make someone miss is everything bc it seems everyone runs a 4.4. I'm particularly fascinated by acceleration. I love long speed but that burst, explosiveness is what gets me.

I'm also intrigued by body types and always look over prospects. Anything you can share that's useful to look for?
Oh man I wrote up something gigantic a couple of days ago, and it didn't save. Sigh... Sorry dude - can't do the rewrite justice. Pains me. Don't think I know more about speed than you do, anyway. Just pulling stuff out of my starfish.

Great to hear for Flores... The Vikings will be scary next season on Defense.

Despite being 25M over the cap currently, they have PLENTY of contracts (more than 11) that they can adjust or outright terminate to free up cap space..
Wow, Flores is going to make that team legit.

Little-known Panthers LB Frankie Luvu balled out this season.

"If you're looking at an unheralded player who made a tremendous leap, check out Carolina Panthers linebacker Frankie Luvu (111 tackles, 19 for loss, seven sacks, 13 pressures, four pass breakups and an interception).

Great to hear for Flores... The Vikings will be scary next season on Defense.

Despite being 25M over the cap currently, they have PLENTY of contracts (more than 11) that they can adjust or outright terminate to free up cap space..
Certainly better. That would be a more reasonable expectation, DB, but SCARY good? He still has to add to that defensive roster for that to happen.

Glad he landed in a good franchise. I thought it was a mistake to go after the Cardinal job. They are the definition of bad ownership. Plus they have a QB that will end up teasing you with his raw talent, but never allow you to win consistently on offense, not to mention a HORRIBLE long term contract......coming off an ACL.

Better for him to do a good job with OConnell, who he knows from his days with the Pats, I think, and go after something better in a year or two. I also want to see how his lawsuit progresses. I think he has a case.

Little-known Panthers LB Frankie Luvu balled out this season.

"If you're looking at an unheralded player who made a tremendous leap, check out Carolina Panthers linebacker Frankie Luvu (111 tackles, 19 for loss, seven sacks, 13 pressures, four pass breakups and an interception).

I wanted the Pats to trade for him last season..

I wanted the Pats to trade for him last season..
Bill does love his Samoan LBs and he was a core ST before he became a full-time LB last season. If they had traded for him, the usual suspects would have dismissed him and would have criticized the trade because of his slow 4.84 pro day 40 at 235 lbs.

Zach Thomas’ reaction was the best. Made this die-hard Pats fan tear up a bit. Glad that he finally got in.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Bill does love his Samoan LBs and he was a core ST before he became a full-time LB last season. If they had traded for him, the usual suspects would have dismissed him and would have criticized the trade because of his slow 4.84 pro day 40 at 235 lbs.

I wanted the Pats to get Luvu in 2021 at the deadline because I saw he was being underutilized by the Panthers and hopefully would have been cheap.

So tough bc Slater is 1/100000 type.
I agree. If he was a JAG, every team would have a Slate on their roster. Special, underrated player for the reasons you mentioned. Going to be nearly impossible to find another guy of that caliber.

Zach Thomas’ reaction was the best. Made this die-hard Pats fan tear up a bit. Glad that he finally got in.

Amazing that despite all the wins, so few Patriots are in the HOF what is the number now 3, 4?. Are there any teams with fewer? Damned sports writers.

Amazing that despite all the wins, so few Patriots are in the HOF what is the number now 3, 4?. Are there any teams with fewer? Damned sports writers.

Stanley Morgan has been chronically disrespected by the HOF voters. If he had played for the Steelers or Raiders of that era, he would have been enshrined long ago. Lynn Swan couldn’t hold Stanley Steamer’s jock.

I wanted the Pats to get Luvu in 2021 at the deadline because I saw he was being underutilized by the Panthers and hopefully would have been cheap.
Tavai ran a 4.86, Luvu ran a 4.84. We could have Luvu instead of Tavai, but we definitely do not want both.

Law, Seymour and... Isn't it only 2? Who am I missing? (I don't count Revis).

Hog Hannah. I thought maybe Willie, but not yet

Off the top of my head, Hannah, Tippett, Law, and Seymour spent all or most of their careers with the Pats. Mike Haynes spent half of his career with them, and Buoniconti, Moss, and Seau played for a couple of years or more each. I think that’s the Pats contingent in the HOF. Obviously Brady and BB will join them at some point, probably Gronk as well, and I hope Wilfork, Harrison, and Vinatieri also. Sadly I think certain guys I think of as credible candidates, such as Gino Cappelletti, Stanley Morgan, Troy Brown, Willie McGinest, and Tedy Bruschi will not make it.

There are no real criteria that I know of for election to the HOF, so it comes down to the attitudes of the certain writers and other people they’ve put on their committees. That means there will be politics and prejudices involved (“OK I’ll vote for you guy if you vote for my guy”) no matter the configuration of the voting population. Personally I’d prefer to see them eliminate the writers entirely as I consider most of them to be ignoramuses, but relying on former NFL players, coaches, and executives may increase the prejudice factor.

in the end I think we have to accept that we may be disappointed when guys we loved don’t make it and not denigrate those who did.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back