PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woody Johnson Clear Cut Tampered Re: Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Casserly and Wolf can consult with Woody about what tampering means...

This is, hands down, the STUPIDEST owner in sports.

Woody the Moron's only achievement was being born.

If his family let him run their business, it would have been bought out by now in bankruptcy and be called Merck or Eli Lilly today

With all due respect, I am not sure how this is tampering.
very simple. He not only mentioned wanting the player, he mentioned the money isse. If you're a team trying to extend or renegotiate a contract before the player becomes a free agent (although Revis has another year), and people start sending out signals that they'll pay more, you are tampering with the current team's ability to negotiate a contract for *their* player. That's illegal in all sports, not just football

This is, hands down, the STUPIDEST owner in sports.

Woody the Moron's only achievement was being born.

If his family let him run their business, it would have been bought out by now in bankruptcy and be called Merck or Eli Lilly today

I don't know.

You could lock Woody, Daniel Snyder, and Stephen Ross in a cage match, and it would be a fair fight of the clueless.

If this is tampering then the NFL rules really need to be overworked because that is ridiculous.

He didn't contact Revis or his agent, he didn't make any offer to anyone but simply expressed that he would love to have a player back with his team. If he would have said that they will do everything possible to get Revis back to the Jets it would be a different story. Can we be reasonable for a change ?
750k in fines and a first round pick for having a guy with a camcorder on the sidelines. Most football "fans" not only thought this was reasonable, but lenient.

The sad thing is he tampered with a player who now has no desire to play for his team. The only reason Revis wanted to go back to the Jets was because of Rex Ryan. Now they are just another team.

There is not snowballs chance in hell that Goodell will do anything to his blessed Jets. They could send out offer sheets and nothing would be done. As long as the right logos show, he is cool with it!

I don't know.

You could lock Woody, Daniel Snyder, and Stephen Ross in a cage match, and it would be a fair fight of the clueless.

Snyder isn't as stupid. He's just evil. Ross is just mediocre and average, not the most stupid. That is an achievement reserved for people like Woody Johnson.

I really hate to burst the bubble, but in listening to WFAN (to hear more about Woody tampering) it sounds like he thought he was being asked about why the rats didn't sign revis last summer and was playing dumb (not hard for him to do) when he said i'd love to have revis back. He claimed he didn't know revis was a free agent. I hope i'm wrong, it would be great to file a tampering complaint and try to get some draft picks

Snyder isn't as stupid. He's just evil. Ross is just mediocre and average, not the most stupid. That is an achievement reserved for people like Woody Johnson.

I can't make any argument to defend Woody's stupidity.

There is not snowballs chance in hell that Goodell will do anything to his blessed Jets. They could send out offer sheets and nothing would be done. As long as the right logos show, he is cool with it!
I tend to agree. Maybe a public reprimand is forthcoming but in the way of providing the Pats with any punitive compensation will not happen - sadly.

It really is enraging that there is one set of rules for one guy and another set for someone else. You know damn well that if Bob Kraft was dumb enough to say something like this, the media and Jetdell's office would be on him faster than a Jet out of hell and we'd never hear the end of the "Cheatriots strike again"!! blather.

It may seem like a trivial thing, but as others have noted, this is why we have the tampering rules. There is simply too much at stake, too much money involved. Why does Woody Johnson think the rules don't apply to him? It's sad that I've already come to the foregone conclusion that nothing will come of this.

:mad:

I expect NE to report this and the NFL to find NJ guilty of tampering. Then they can swap picks in the 5th round (as was done back in 2011 when DET tampered with KC).

Oh, Goodell is commissioner? Forget everything I just wrote.

We don't have a 5th to swap.

The sad thing is he tampered with a player who now has no desire to play for his team. The only reason Revis wanted to go back to the Jets was because of Rex Ryan. Now they are just another team.

Agree completely, and this is a major tamper,in that it is a franchise caliber player in the last year of their deal with a division rival.

First round pick imo. Big mistake Woody.

I tend to agree. Maybe a public reprimand is forthcoming but in the way of providing the Pats with any punitive compensation will not happen - sadly.

You DO realize this is the 2nd time this year that he has done this?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...dy_johnson_violate_nfls_tampering_policy.html

First time was in March regarding Desean Jackson - the NFL reprimanded him at the time and reiterated the rules (point of emphasis?).

Note well, that example occurred in the OFFSEASON when Jackson was not preparing for any upcoming games with his team.

2nd offense after a reprimand and DURING the player's season when he is in preparation with his team for an upcoming game?????

There better be a punishment coming PLUS something for the damage done to the New England Patriots

Are you serious? The Pats most likely will not get a pick, and if they do it'll be a swap.

There's no way in hell the Pats are getting a first round pick from the Jets.

Yeah, a 1st straight up without even swapping isn't gonna happen. But there should be SOMETHING. Not that there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back