PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wonderlic Scores leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the Wonderlic scores of all the Bill Belichick draft picks who had problems with the playbook. Not as a knock on Bill ... just that I would think in the later rounds he must take a chance here and there and take someone with a lower score than his average draftee.

On the other side of the coin ... I bet his FA post draft signees are almost all players who would have a very high Wonderlic score if they had taken it.

One last thing ... I bet the Patriots have their own Wonderlic type test and I would LOVE TO SEE IT ... probably position specific and most of us would flunk I would think.

Rivers getting a 16 kinda drops him off my radar. Dont want dumb LBers. Not that he was on the radar at 7 but if we traded down he could have been interesting option.

hey, the Waterboy was dumb but he could play some LB...he just used his tacklin' fuel

Shrug. I watched a few Titans games this year. I couldn't count how many times Vince's targets dropped an easy pass for a crucial first down this year. Surround him with some actual talent and the guy could do some things, imo.

I'm with you - I think Young showed he very much can play in his rookie year alone - the Titans have a huge number of needs, and weren't exactly at full strength at WR either.

He certainly has not been the disaster those who looked at his mis-reported 10 on the Wonderlic predicted - which includes myself. Having watched more than a few Titans games myself he definately turned my opinion around on him.

I'm not putting him in Canton just yet, but I don't think he's a bust either. And while he might not be book smart I don't think that translates well to being football smart.

Last edited:
Tests are very much up for debate.

What if you had anxiety on the day of the test?

What if you didn't eat before the test, and you clearly were in a haze at that point?

It's all up for debate in my opinion.

Gut instincts are WAY more important than tests.

What if you had anxiety on the day of the test?

What if you didn't eat before the test, and you clearly were in a haze at that point?

What if you had anxiety on the day of the game?

What if you didn't eat before the game, and you clearly were in a haze at that point?

Wonderlic scores are just one more data point, quite useful in the context of everything else you know about the player. A low score is a legitimate concern to check out for positions with responsibility to make calls for an entire unit (e.g. ILB, C).

Vince Young did not get a 15. His original score was 7. He's borderline ******ed, something you can pick up pretty easily from hearing him speak.

And yet hes on the playing field busting his ass making millions, while your sitting on the computer making fun of him... hmmmmm.

Here's the thing about the Wonderlic....and it's probably the most important facet.

Every player and his agent knows what kind of questions are on the Wonderlic. Every player and his agent knows what day the test will be administered. The test can be studied for effectively.

Failure to do well on the Wonderlic is an indication that the player did not adequately prepare for it, and it is primarily for this reason that it is a red flag for GMs. Ryan Clady, for example, likely did not take the test seriously, as he figured he was going to be a top ten pick regardless. Personnel folks typically don't care for such a cavalier/complacent attitude.

http://potencial.wordpress.com/2007/12/25/2007-wonderlic-scores/

I'm sure that the Jaguars are kicking themselves for drafting such a complacent player as Reggie Nelson who only scored a 12 on his wonderlic... NOT! 63 tackles, 5 ints, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 11 PDs in his rookie season. He easily blew the doors of Meriweather and claimed the starting FS position right out of the gate.
http://www.nfl.com/players/reggienelson/profile?id=NEL617002

The lesson here folks is that overgeneralizing a football player's abilities based on a single test score is dangerous and just does not make a lot of sense. It's the same as saying Jerry Rice will never make it in the NFL because he only ran a 4.6 40.

Here's the thing about the Wonderlic....and it's probably the most important facet.

Every player and his agent knows what kind of questions are on the Wonderlic. Every player and his agent knows what day the test will be administered. The test can be studied for effectively.

Failure to do well on the Wonderlic is an indication that the player did not adequately prepare for it, and it is primarily for this reason that it is a red flag for GMs. Ryan Clady, for example, likely did not take the test seriously, as he figured he was going to be a top ten pick regardless. Personnel folks typically don't care for such a cavalier/complacent attitude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back