PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win it for Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Gordon. That is. I don't know why, but I really, really feel bad for the guy. I know all the counterpoints, that it is self-inflicted, no body to blame but himself, etc. I get it.

But there's something about his story that just makes me really sad.

Reading today's stories about the guys in the locker room's feelings for him, how he would likely get a ring if we win . . . makes me sad.

Anyone else feel this way?

If he showed up at the victory party after the game, do you think he would be allowed in?

Omg I can't imagine what playoff Gordon with playoff Brady would of been like being as tho we didn't start playing like ourselves until the playoffs.

Who is Playoff Gordon? Melvin?

No thanks

I hate to admit it, but when they signed Gordon, I thought of Stanley Wilson. I have a loved one that is fighting to remain sober....knock on wood, it’s been 7 years sober. I hope Josh Gordon can find similar peace.

No. Gordon has no one to blame but himself. God gave him incredible talents and he's wasted them after innumerable chances. He's a waste as a football player but hopefully he can lay off the booze, weed, coke, etc and become a productive member of society and not a drain on it.

Gordon. That is. I don't know why, but I really, really feel bad for the guy. I know all the counterpoints, that it is self-inflicted, no body to blame but himself, etc. I get it.

But there's something about his story that just makes me really sad.

Reading today's stories about the guys in the locker room's feelings for him, how he would likely get a ring if we win . . . makes me sad.

Anyone else feel this way?

If he showed up at the victory party after the game, do you think he would be allowed in?
No.

No. Gordon has no one to blame but himself. God gave him incredible talents and he's wasted them after innumerable chances. He's a waste as a football player but hopefully he can lay off the booze, weed, coke, etc and become a productive member of society and not a drain on it.

I'm pretty sure he never failed a 'booze test', a 'coke test' or an 'etc test'.

Hell yeah. Win it for the Pats and for Gordon. The guy clearly helped us win some games and contributed 700+ yards and clearly took pressure off of others on offense. He is a part of this season which led to playoff seeding and therefore he should be given a ring. Not that the Pats owe him but to be fair he contributed on the field. To those who knock him, get a life.

Hell yeah. Win it for the Pats and for Gordon. The guy clearly helped us win some games and contributed 700+ yards and clearly took pressure off of others on offense. He is a part of this season which led to playoff seeding and therefore he should be given a ring. Not that the Pats owe him but to be fair he contributed on the field. To those who knock him, get a life.
I think your take is reasonable and I think most agree he deserves a ring if they win but to, "win it for him?". I dunna know. I'd put other people ahead of him on the "win it for ___" checklist.

Win it for everyone that contributed to this team and season. Josh Gordon is most certainly one of those people, even if his personal demons screwed it up for him and put a kink in the system for a few weeks.

They probably make the playoffs but they probably don't get the bye without him.

Addiction affects everyone differently and as someone who has a cousin/best friend in rehab as I type this, I sincerely hope he gets his issues figured out.

I'm also glad/proud the Patriots are contributing toward helping him in this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes